October 25, 2014 | 1502 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Sweetcaroline98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep going back to this one. It is AWSOME. I love this and the Dual foundation in this line. This gives me more coverage where as the other (which I will review too) gives me less.

I am an B-20 but use self tanner so I range from I-40 - I-60. I have also used the B-40 and B-60 before.
To me they are true to the color. I have olive skin normally so the lightest I can go is but the I is also suitable for me when I am self tanning.

Shiseido is not the only foundation I will wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by memorybuilder

ABOUT ME: LLL, NC20, LM Warm Ivory, Shiseido O20, warm toned, over 40 skin, combo/dry, easily irritated, allergic to Blue 1 dye, aluminum starch, botanical extracts, and prone to clogged pores from silicone-based products.

ABOUT PRODUCT: O20 is a perfect match for my skin tone. Goes on very smoothly with a foundation brush and looks great on. I'm so disappointed that my face broke out with whiteheads and clogged pores. It is very high in silicones :(

INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 2.9%, Titanium Dioxide 9.8%, water, glycerin, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, butylene glycol, hydrogenated c6-14 oolefin polymers, squalane, dimethicone copolyol, polymethylsilsesquioxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, diatomaceous earth, disteardimonium hectorite, peg/ppg-14/7 dimethyl ether, sodium hyalauronate, isostearic acid, alumina, polysilicone-2, triethoxycaprylylsilane, peg-150, methicone, tocopheryl, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, bht, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance, iron oxides
continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

From what I can tell, this foundation is decent. It dries to a semi-matte finish and is easy to apply because it's waterbased. I wore it over Shiseido The Skincare Daytime lotion, and topped it off with a light dusting of BE Mineral Veil. I was not greasy or shiny through out the day, and it's fairly warm out. However, the sales associate said I should wear shade I40, and I noticed it looked REALLY pink on me. When I got home from work my sister asked me why I was so "red". I normally wear NC30 in Mac, Light-1 in Shiseido's TM and Light 1.2 or 2.0 in BE, so if you're the same coloring, I40 may not be for you. I like everything about this foundation but I think I just need a better color match. I think I'm going to get a second opinion in terms of what shade I should wear, but as a foundation I think this product is great (I'm using this product for appearance and not so much the "lifting" element so I'm not expecting any miracles other than it giving me flawless looking skin).

EDIT - OK, I realized that this foundation in I40 goes on as a decent match for my skintone, but as the day progresses, turns more and more PINK! I have never had any other brand of foundation do this to me before - I guess it oxidizes throughout the day? In that case I wouldn't recommend this (or even finish the sample I received!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was an excellent full-coverage foundation. I tested it and the finish is so fine and velvety I even used it as concealer and it covered up great, no creasing and no settling even for undereye. I did not have time to powder so just wore it as is- on a hot summer day it held up a nice dewey finish and lasted well until I was ready to retire for the night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by xieanthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few weeks ago, and I love it. I have used Shiseido's creme and powerder foundations before, the 100 Very Light matches me perfectly. But in wintertime, I fight dryness that the cake/sponge variety just wasn't working well with. My skin at times looked and felt flaky.

So I bought this, along with a tube of Philosophy Help Me... and WOW. The combo is great- the Help Me has evened out my skin tone (Irish tends to ruddiness) and the Shiseido gives me flawless looking skin. This product is now HG for me for wintertime, for sure- we'll see how it goes next summer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2006 8:26:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quite disappointed. It seemed so good when I just checked the texture on my hand: incredibly silky and fine. But I was so surprised - it turns rather heavy, sticky and a bit mask-like on my face. Colors are darker than the same numbers in other Shiseido foundations, so take care... I didn't enjoy it on my face...It HAS some lifting effects - I noticed that two lines on my forehead were less visible but I felt very uncomfortable with this sticky thing (and unnatural color) on my face.
Good packaging. Of course I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 5:59:00 AM More reviews by babygirl86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the sales assistant matched me with a nice yellow toned colour which i liked. but ideally this type of foundation is not what i need as i am 19 and have oily skin, but this was the only foundation she could offer me because all the other types had no yellow shades and even she had to admit this! its an ok foundation but i would not buy it beacuse its nothing special despite the big price tag!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sdaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The CONS: The texture is sticky. I couldn't wait to wash it off my hands when I was applying it and then my face as I was wearing it. And it has perfume in it, which reminds me of old lady makeup. And since this is for aging skin, who wants to be reminded by perfume that they are joining the old-lady makeup set? The pros would be that the color match was really good for me, as I am hard to match. And the coverage was good. But the pros do not out weigh the cons, therefore this is a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Ashley88

Really helps smooth out lines and looks amazing in full day light.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

I've had to change my review on this product. At first I loved it, but it broke out my skin and became very mask like. I felt like my skin couldn't breathe with this on. It does give good coverage and I like the pump dispenser but I would not repurchase.