September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Very Irresistible Sensual eau de parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those scents that you don't wait on someone to compliment you and tell you you smell good because you know you smell good. The scent is so strong that you can place it behind your knees and still smell it. This is definitely not your everyday fragrance. It smells too good to just sit around the office. I think I will keep my Dolce and Gabana Light Blue for that purpose. This will be for special occasians and when I have to go out of the office. This fragrance is typical Givenchy, strong, intoxicating smell, and long lasting. The summer version smells awful and so does the original. The sensual is a low key ORGANZA. A must have for women that like to smell pretty and not powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by synergy100

I love this fragrance! It's one of my favorites! I cannot stand the original Very Irresistable--for some reason, it does not smell nice on me. But this one is fantastic! I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, and everyone seems to like it on me. It really depends on your skin chemistry, because the original Very Irresistable smells beautiful on my sister. You just have to try it out on your own skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by persefonae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bit of backstory - Givenchy's Hot Couture used to be my signature scent until I tired of it and switched to Stella McCartney. Having unleashed my inner rose-junkie, I was curious to know how Very Irresistable measured up. I tried the EDT when it first came out and didn't think much of it - no roses on me, just insipid, chemical lemon fizz. Recently I gave the VI Sensual EDP a go and was pleasantly surprised; the rose is more prevalent, and the star anise actually complements rather than jars with it. Maybe it's the patchouli? Whatever, it was very nice, it's very grown-up, it lasts like a dream, and I plan to buy a bottle to alternate with my Stella as a summer perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in both the EDT and EDP versions and I find them to be dramatically different and appealing in their own ways. Although I like both very much, the EDP is usually my first choice because the rose notes really come alive in this fragrance, and I find the patchouli and star anise to be far more intense as well. I've never been a fan of florals, more so rose fragrances, finding them to be dull, old-fashioned and insipid. None of those qualities apply to Givenchy's Very Irresistible. Rather, this is an exotic, vibrant take on the traditional rose, rendering it extremely sophisticated and sultry without being dowdy. This is such a sensual delicious scent, made provocative by a kiss of patchouli and rendered elegant by an intoxicating combination of vanilla and star anise. Its spicy sweetness is irresistibly feminine and a real head-turner, as all the men around me will gladly attest to :P This is perfect for an evening out, and THE choice for snaring that cutie you've had your eye on for weeks. The packaging is simply stunning as well: I simply LOVE the gorgeous deep amethyst colour and the slender, sexy cylindrical bottle! All in all, this is a definite repurchase for moi :D

Notes: Centifolia rose, peony rose, fantasia rose, passion rose, emotion rose, verbena leaf, star anise, vanilla, patchouli.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this one! this is my number one! on the other hand, I can NOT stand the original version.... but this one is just adorable, sexy, very woman, orienal, hot, just yummy fragance of my life! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own both Very Irresistible and Very Irresistible Sensual EdP and I prefer the second one, which suits me more since it smells more like an oriental fragrance. Because of this, Very Irresistible Sensual is a great fall/winter fragrance. It's warm, and both cozy and sensual.

This one is a little bit less floral-scented then the original version. It has some woody notes and of course, patchouli notes. Great smell! And it lasts several hours.

Moreover, I love this bottle - it's the same bottle than the original Very Irresistible, but the purple-amethist color is absolutely lovely!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Evalina76

This perfume is beautiful, very sensual and mellow. It's nothing like the EDT, in my opinion. The EDT has a sweet, quite chemical and very generic smell - not unpleasant at all, but nothing that special. The Sensual eau de parfum on the other hand, smells fruitier and *softer* and the rose fragrance is a lot stronger. There is nothing harsh or sickly about this perfume, so even though it's sweet it's not the kind of fragrance you have to worry about overdoing it with - when you first put it on, there are no overpowering top notes... in fact it smells like a perfume that's been *worn in* for hours, which is lovely.

I think this fragrance is more similar to perfumes like Dolce Vita or Chantecaille's Frangipani than it is to the Very Irresistible EDT. Totally gorgeous and very, very womanly. I will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by joyloot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this for evening wear. I tried the original several times, and I just don't care for it. This one, however, is wonderful. It is warm and spicy without being overpowering. I can definately smell the vanilla but not the patchouli that's supposedly in it. The lasting power is about 4 hours which isn't too bad for me (dry skin). In fact, tonight a friend asked what exactly I'm wearing and said she's going to get some too. I would say it's a winner.