October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Sklisa

I like this body scrub very much, for me, it's rather gentle and doesn't scrub hard, so I use this on half damp skin most of time. I have rather dry and delicate skin though.

It's a heavenly feeling when I rrinse, my skin is so soft and smooth, if it's in summer, I needn't apply any body lotion afterwards, the shea butter is moisturizing enough!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

It has a deep, earthy, sensual, MASCULINE scent to it. Which I like, I LOVE the entire Africa Spa line, but this product, is almost painful. The salt is a little, too natural. It seriously leaves cuts and tears on my body, which REALLY hurts considering it's salt, so it stings, AS it's slicing me up. If your not a pansy like me, you'll enjoy the earthy scent and unique texture... but if you don't like micro tears all over your body, avoid this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Shaggygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this scrub!

I have dry skin on my body, but I cannot stand when it feel sticky or oily. This is the only scrub that I've tried so far that leaves my skin nothing but smooth! Not oily. Not sticky. Just smooooth...

And the scent! Divine! My FH can't stop kissing and sniffing me after a shower.

However, I do admit, it doesn't scrub very much. I often apply it with an exfoliating towel, or on partially damp skin.

The packaging is beautiful, but not very convenient. I transfer a small amount to another pot in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

i so didnt like this one!! i bought it since i loved the scent of africa spa body balm.. but this scrub is no where near that sweet smell.. i hate its smell in the shower and even aftewords. i went layering myself with cocoa body butter to get rid of its smell. even its scrubing feature isnt as good as the other body shop ones. i just cant wait to get back to the body shop brazin nut body scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 8:07:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan of the packaging (slipped out of my hands in the shower a few times while trying to open and close), but this is an affordable yet effective scrub. I absolutely love the fragrance which lingers on the skin. Very moisturizing and leaves my skin silky smooth. Good bargain buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by reismione

nice scrub but abit pricey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great scrub, I like the smell, and the packaging is kind of fun, but the little metal things pop off which made me MAD! Good product though, exfoliates nicely, however, you do need to use a lot, doesn't last long and is also rather harsh...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ViolentFemme

Ok, the packaging is not the most effective...but it looks great! And I love the fact that it is a plastic container so that it doesn't break if you drop it in the shower.

It does melt though, so what I do is cleanse and shave and whatever...then turn off the shower, dab myself with a towel and then use the scrub. I just LOOOOOOOOOVE the smell. And it delicatly scents the skin.

It is a bit expensive though, and I think if I were going to spend that much money, I would spend just a bit more and buy something from a more 'luxury' brand. But it is pretty thick, so you don't need to use as much as you would with most scrubs.

Overall, I like this product...my sister loves it too, she keeps stealing it from me when she thinks I'm not looking!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Olokun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells wonderful. It's a nice, gentle scrub. Just don't use it right after you've shaved your legs (Ouch!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

Love the fragrance. Soft and refreshing. Won't overpower your senses. I like some other MUAer here find it is not scrubby enough for body job. I can practically feel it melt between my fingertips. However, I find it very usefull for the FACE mini scrub time. Yes for the face. In the beginning I tried it only because I love the smell so much and it's not drying the skin at all. So on the face it goes: Result is great,the skin actually soften and my nose pores are finer afterward. And No, it is not drying either. I guess the salt help to soften impurities somehow.