July 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Miracle in a tiny bottle. I knocked it down for the price, which is approx $10 USD for a 1/4 oz/7.4 ml bottle. That's quite a bit of money, but it lasts much longer than I expected. I definitely don't feel that all expensive products are a good value and worth the money, but this one is.

Before I used this product, my nails were peeling and breaking often. I'd just stopped biting my nails after years and years, so they were in bad shape. I tried lots of treatments, but the peeling and breaking persisted. Since using this product, both have stopped. I've had only one break and it was the one day I took a "break" and had no polish on. They day before, I reached into a box to pull something out and thought had a hard time extracting it. I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to break a nail. That wasn't very smart!" But I pulled my hand out with all my nails intact. The next day I removed the polish and dug into the same box with another hand. I broke a nail - the only time since I started using the product and it was the one day I wasn't wearing it.

The instructions say to put on a new coat every day, so after about 3 weeks, I bought a second bottle and took one to the office to put on when I forget. The information with the bottle says to expect the protein to turn the formula goopy and advises cleaning the bottle rim with special formula thinner after each use. I'm way too lazy and forgetful for that and haven't done it once. I am careful about not dripping the formula on the rim and closing the bottle tightly. After 2 months, my first bottle isn't goopy and there's about half left.

If I only use one coat, it WILL peel. I always make sure to put on a new coat every day and just add a coat a day for a week, then remove it and start over. If the polish starts to peel, I just add the new coat right over the old one. (Another reason having one bottle at home and one at the office has helped.) As long as I do that, peeling isn't much of an issue.

If tomorrow morning I lost both bottles, I would be at the store buying two new ones tomorrow evening. That's how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lovelysecret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The regular formula 2 failed on me but this one really works. I bit my nails for years so they are extremely weak and peel incessantly. This is the only thing that has worked for me so far. I do wish it wasn't $10, but it's good enough that I will still keep paying the $$$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by grich17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! This is the first product to motivate me to write a review - it's that good! My nails had gone from bad to worse, peeling, splitting, until they were all right down to the quick. This, applied daily, has grown them all out to between 1/8 and 1/4". when I manicure my nails weekly with nail base, polish, this and top coat. I tried Qtica, OPI's Nail Envy and Sally Hansen, all of which did nothing. This tiny bottle is $10 but it's worth every penny to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Haggerty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for about a month, and it is practically miraculous. I bought it one day because I was in a beauty supply store and my nails were at the worst I have ever seen them. They were peeling and splitting horizontally and vertically. It's not a nutrition problem, so I suspect it was a combination of age, abuse (I type 10 hours or so a day) and some over-aggressive manicures. This stuff said it was for really, really bad nails, so I took a $9.95 blind dive for a tiny bottle. I cut my nails back to as short as I could, then started using it. I can't believe the results! A month later, I have long nails. (Well, as long as I like. Most people would consider them a bit more than medium.) Nails that were broken far below the bed have grown out. They're strong enough so that I can actually use them to open things! I followed the directions slavishly: One coat, every day. Remove the product every 3-4 days. The stuff dries so quickly that I can go through my morning routine (hair washing tends to make it loosen/peel a bit), put my jacket on, find my keys, THEN put the product on. By the time I'm out of the house, it's dry enough so there are no smudges. The downside: My nails now look so good that I am yearning to start wearing colored nail polish again... but I think I should go through this whole bottle (perhaps another month) before I step down to the plain step 2. Bottom line: If you're desperate, throw out every Sally Hansen product you have ever purchased. Spend twice what one bottle of whatever you can buy in a drugstore would cost. Then give this stuff two weeks, and tell me whether I am exaggerating.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2006 6:30:00 AM More reviews by esther_oh

This is a miracle for nails! I had REALLY grossly damaged nails.. On my thumb, the middle was completely split, and there were deep horizontal ridges near the bottom. On my index finger, there were deep vertical ridges. I thought my nails could never be fixed.. Then I read about this in a magazine, and went to buy it. The price is outrageous, (I think it was 20$ CDN for a 7.5 mL bottle), but it was really worth it. It made my nails as healthy as they were before in such a short time (I saw improvement after a couple of days), and it did not shape them weirdly. Before, I tried a Sally Hansen Protein Formula, which kind of worked but made my nailbed lumpy and uneven. I don't know why it would do that, since I don't understand how these Formulas work, but the Nailtiques one had no problems like that. I started out with the Formula 2 Plus, I know it says to start with the 1 or 2, but it doesn't matter anyway. If you're desperate, like I was, try this, but if your nails are OKAY, then try a cheaper Sally Hansen formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 10:44:00 AM More reviews by sybsters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The regular two worked for me in that it actually made my nails grow and a bit hard. The bad thing was that it made my nail polish peel, later causing my somewhat hard nails to break. So I switched over to 2 Plus and it's been great! Too bad it's in such a little bottle, since it is supposed to be used for a shor time, but its seems to be the only one that works for me and doesn't peel! I put it on, two days later will catch myself biting my nail and it is as hard a rock! Highly recommended!