April 17, 2014 | 1988 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really fun stuff! I mean it's not going to set the world on fire, it's just shower gel in a jelly, but it's sure neat. It definitely smells amazing, and I do wish the scent stuck around a bit more- I use it with You Snap The Whip though, and the smell sticks around for a long while with both.

It's nice in a shower poof, and still nice by itself, just sort of rubbed on, but it unfortunately slips out of my hands all the time that way. It does lather either way though.

I'm not going to buy it again, because, well, I don't really need any. But I love getting it as a gift!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ameyyxd

I loved this product and I use a shower poof along with it. The result was great with a rich lather and great scent. The sales associate told me that she never tried it with a shower poof which I try both way. Using this jelly without a shower poof made it very liquidy and a waste so my best bet would be using a shower poof for this pproduct.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayon86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The trick to this product is to find the best way to use it for you. You can put it in a puff and it lathers really nicely, or you can mush it up in a blender and use it as a sort of gloopy shower gel, or put it in the freezer and use it during summer to cool down, it really depends on how much time you want to put into using it.
It is worth it though as it smells delicious; like berrys. I would say, however, that the smell doesn't reallly linger on your body which is a shame as who wouldn't want to smell like that all day.
As for benefits to the skin I didn't notice too much. It certainly didn't make my skin any worse nor did it dry it out so I wouldn't buy it for its amazing skin properties. It would be brilliant as a gift to a child (or maybe teenager to encourage them to bathe once in a while!). And a good gift to introduce someone to Lush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by grace123

This is one of those products that is a "nice to have" but not a "must have." It smells like blueberries or blackberries; exactly like The Comforter bubblebar and You Snap the Whip body butter.

I use this when I'm needing a pick-me-up, as the smell makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The jelly consistency is a neat concept, yet rather annoying as it slips easily in the shower. It does lather up nicely, and a 100g tub lasts a good couple of months. It also leaves my skin smelling absolutely delicious and feeling rather nice.

I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by oncemorewithfeeling

The scent is delicious, exactly like you snap the whip body butter and the comforter bubble bar. This has an amazing lather and the scent fills your shower making it extremely enjoyable. If the smell wasn't so good i probably wouldn't repurchase as because it is the consistency of jelly it's a bit fumbly and if you drop it in the shower it's horrible to try and pick it up, not to mention cutting it is also difficult....BUT, i still love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an interesting product, the first time I used it I just rubbed it on my body, and although that worked somewhat, a lot of product got washed away b/c it doesn't lather up quick. Today I used it with a body pouf, and it lathered better, but still not as much as I would have liked it.
The smell is not bad, it is fruity - cherry soda and grape. I like it but I am not in love with it. It also goes away pretty fast, does not linger. A CON - it did not moisturize at all, my legs were pretty dry after using it.

I'm not sure I would get 80 -100 uses out of it (like the previous reviewer said). Even with a body pouf, it did not lather as much and I still used a decent amount. I would say half of that so 40-50, maybe I am using too much, but it does not feel like it.

It is a fun alternative to a regular shower gel or soap bar. And I would definitely like to try the other scents, like Whoosh

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of shocked at the low reviews of this, but after reading many I found it was because of improper use more than anything.

When talking to my LUSH sales associate (aka my best friend) she said the way that it was meant to be used is my cutting it up into extremely small pieces and crushing it into a shower poof. When put in the shower poof, it was extremely easy to get a really rich and thick lather. When you just rub the block against yourself, you are loosing product more than anything because it won't really active the bubbles therefor not really doing much in the soap department. When cutting up the shower jelly into little pieces I got almost 80-100 pieces for $12...so I think its totally worth it if you think about price per amount of use you get out of it.

When realizing that there was glitter in this I got worried for a second, but then come to find out the glitter was micro-fine. None of the glitter sticks on your skin, nor is it abrasive since it is in fact so fine.

As for the smell, when I first got it, it was waaaayyy too overpowering to the point that it made me queasy. But what I did was while away for the weekend I left it in a cool dark area exposed to air, and the scent calmed right down to the point of where I could enjoy it. It smells just like berry jam to me now (instead of the chemical scent that I got at first). I almost use this everyday now, and I'm constantly getting told that I smell good, so its likely if you use it as well, you will get the same response. This is my HG LUSH product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love playing with this in the bath tub! It smells like Grape to me!
This lathers really well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

What a sweet smelling product! helps that its also incredibly sparkly! really does smell like candy and everything sweet! but not sickly of course.

works best if you squish a tiny bit onto a shower flower (the netting things) and lather it up with a smidge of water. you'll get much more out of it that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was suprised to see so many low ratings on this product! i love it. it smells like cherries & ribena, its dark purple and has blue-violet glitter. it leaves ur skin lightly scented and soft.
------
Before using i searched the internet for the best way to use it and found this video which towards the end shows how to-

------
I take a tiny bit of the jelly, make sure my body is wet all over, squish the jelly into the center of a wet shower-puff/loofah and rub the shower-puff in your hands to work it up, then wash your body in circles, as shown in the video above, they lather up AMAZINGLY. get so much foam and its really frothy and silky, i hope this helps somebody! x