September 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Leezilla

NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT. You will never escape their billing cycle. Do yourself a favor and don't give them your credit card number because they will be sucking money out of you even though you've cancelled your account and returned your items for a refund.
I'm a freshman in college and have called multiple times because I can't afford to be charged like this every month but they keep taking like $40 from me that could go toward things like FOOD. I'm very furious right now so please do NOT buy this product it sucks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by BiancaGabriella

Hey everyone, was reading through a couple reviews and noticed sayings that it's "cakey" thick ect~ ok well for starters I love natural looking makeup, and it's so great when you find a make up that looks like your wearing nothing BUT gives you an airbrush look.... I am sure it's all about how you apply it. When I first started using it my skin did started getting quite oily maybe 20mins after I applied it so I wasn't too happy... Just recently I did a little experiment and put the tiniest(and I mean really tiny like hardly anything) on my brush and applied it to my whole face just using a circular motion... That small amount I applied covered my whole face, gave me a natural looking finish, and my skin did not go oily! On very hot days when it does go oily I don't wipe the makeup, or re-apply some more makeup, I just take the brush and go over my face in the circular motion(no makeup on the brush) and its looks great all over again :-) please give it a go, and do write another review if my tip helped :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

Worst foundation I've ever tried, It feels heavy for a mineral foundation, I hate the primer and the brush is way scratchy. Altogether a crappy product, I'm glad I tried the sample before wasting my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jacquigm

I did not find this product any good. The powder cakes on your face and dries your skin out. I have really good skin but when I applied sheer cover it was time consuming and messy and took a lot of time up blending and applying. I feel the promotions on TV for this product is not valid and false, I would not rate sheer cover very highly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Missruby17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVED this product!!! the coverage is GREAT! The only reason why I rated it with 4 lips is because, it did break me out really bad! My forehead has broken out really bad, and I've never broken out on my cheeks before, but now i have 2 on my right cheek. I couldn't let this product go even though I knew it was breaking me out. It gave me a great amount of coverage while giving me that natural look! VERY well pigmented!

I did finish the whole container, like i sad because I couldn't let it go, but will not buy again because of how it broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BackwoodsBarbie

A lot of people say that they "NEVER write reviews" but I can honestly say that I never do; I'm perfectly content to read other reviews and decide on my own..that being said, I LOVE Sheer Cover!!! As an intro, I have extremely oily, acne-prone skin (big cystic-like acne) but on occasion have dry patches. I have very red cheeks, larger pores throughout T-zone, and lots of hyper-pigmentation. I have always been the exception to the rule: 100 people say a product is their Holy Grail and I am the one person it was disastrous for! I was jaundice when I was born, and have a light skin tone with very yellow undertones..needless to say, I literally NEVER have a good color match for foundation (I buy the medium set and use buff for most everything, but these colors blend so well on my skin that I can pretty much swap them out whenever!). I have tried liquid foundations (hard to apply evenly, slid off my face within hours, minimum coverage), powder foundations (cakey, made my complexion dull, accentuated dry patches, no coverage), cream-to-powder foundations (what a joke!! I've never had anything settle into my large pores like these did!!), and finally decided to try mineral makeup..SC was the first MM I tried, and only because I bought it in Bed Bath and Beyond for cheap (lol)..it has EXCELLENT coverage (my friend who uses Bare Minerals says it [SC] has a "foundation base" which is why she hates it and probably the reason I love it!) It goes on powdery and dry (which is probably why many women are skeptic about it..you have to give it some time to settle and mix with the oils on your face, or use a moisturizing setting spray) but over time transforms into a creamy airbrushed finish. It completely covers all my red and yellow patches, sometimes too well (then I have to go back and contour and blush etc but I'd rather do that then layer on product to try to hide redness), doesn't accentuate my large pores and blackheads, or under-eye lines. It usually always covers whatever massive acne that I have (so while still noticeable because it is like a small mountain on my face, I don't have the redness, scab, or discoloration to give it away). I have strayed and tried many other products due to price or promise but I always come back to SC..I NEVER buy SC from the TV or online (say no to auto-ship) so I can't attest to those issues. While it is not perfect, I don't think any foundation makeup will be (for me at least) but there are some things I do to make it better: The brushes that come with the product are OK, but they shed tremendously and you could probably get better results with a higher quality brush..the concealer that comes with it is pretty much useless; it settles into my under-eye lines (and I'm only 23!!), doesn't cover my dark circles and makes my acne more noticeable..Make sure to moisturize and use a primer under this makeup, I never thought I would need to but it definitely makes a difference in staying power and helping to give that airbrush effect..I don't know about dry-skinned girls, but if you're oily like I am, it's eventually going to get shiny, so use a finishing powder of your liking where you get oily, and blot..it does on occasion slide or move, so I try not to touch it during the day, but I also carry a makeup sponge with me to even things out before and after I blot..use your finger (I know, bad bad bad) or a Q-tip to get a precise amount when covering blemishes and pack it on, then smooth out, it really helps!! So, all in all, please don't let all the bad reviews of SC turn you off, because if I had listened to them and not tried it myself, I wouldn't get the compliments I do on my otherwise blemished skin..give it at least 30 minutes to "set" on your face and then decide! Hope this helps other women like myself!:)
P.S. It really does photograph well, I've been photographed with a high-quality camera, a point-and-shoot, a camera phone, and they all turned out really nicely, no ghostly white look, not ashy..all in all very helpful to this shower-and-go Backwoods Barbie! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Kandacehayes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this stuff for about 4 years now. Im a mac, benifit, & sephora fan..., but ive never been able to find another product that covers my dark eye circles like sheer cover does. I think I like their base protector too now. I have tried pretty hard to fInd something to replace them, cause I am not a huge fan of auto ship. I have found that customizing my kits, making the intervals every 16 wks, removing my cc, & even sometimes putting an additional 6 mo hold on my kits help w/ this problem. (I worked in a sister co. call center for a year & know what they can do to stretch out the shipments) Hope this helped some of you out too. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by VanessaluvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product and use it every day. i dont feel like it clogs my pores and helps me control the oil on my face. Be careful because if you put too much on you are going to look powdery and cakey. I think this powder isnt super great and for the price you could probably find something just as good or even better for a cheaper price. Hoped this helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jett456

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review. This stuff is great. I have a large dark purple bruise on my chin area from filler injections. I tried my normal makeup and it didn't cover well even though I used lots of Bobbi Brown concealer. The bruise showed through. Then I bought some green corrector and it helped but it didn't last more than a few hours before I had to touch it up. Then, I brought Sheer Cover after seeing it while googling 'cover bruises'. I already own and use often Bare Minerals and did use that with my regular makeup. But, they don't have a cream concealer. This covered really well. I used the green with it but I don't think I need to. I went through the whole day without having to touch up at all. I highly recommend this product if you have a bruise, blemish or birthmark to cover up. Normally I probably won't use it exclusively because I think it tends to settle in little fine wrinkles and creases that normally aren't apparent with my Lancome makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by txsadie

Absolutely LOVE this product. I have been using it for about 8 years now. Sometimes when I run low and have decided that I don't want to be enrolled in the autoship program, I start browsing other products and reviews. I'll visit a few makeup counters and ALWAYS I am disappointed...I always go back to Sheer Cover. I just need to figure out how often I run out so that I can adjust my shipping schedule appropriately and don't end up with an overstock. I am 35 and my skin is sensitive to sunscreens in most makeups and my pores tend to look enlarged. Not with Sheer Cover. It makes my skin look youthful and glowing. You do have to practice with it to find the right coverage. If I need heavier coverage I use a kabuki brush, if I want it lighter I use a regular powder brush. To conceal I use a concealer brush dipped in the powder. Their concealer is excellent too. It actually helps to heal my blemishes without overdrying them. My daughter is 16 and she uses it as well. The colors blend into your skin well and it doesn't feel cakey...unless you wanted it cakey and applied it heavily with a kabuki brush! My only complaint is that it does tend to settle into fine lines and gets a bit shiny through the day, but if you blot with rice papers once throughout the day, it is fine. I have also found that their base perfector does wonders for further minimizing pores and fine lines. It is natural and I love that as well....I even sleep in mine most nights with no issues. I have tried Bare Escentuals and find that it ages me and makes my pores large. I actually just used some the other day and my face is HORRIBLY broken out now :( I am now awaiting my shipment of Sheer Cover. I have no idea why I ever stray...I always come back!!!