September 1, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by achittenden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought the Huile Prodigieuse because of a great review I'd read on a blog I follow. Love the scent, love the dry feel - though it can get too oily for me if I use too much - and love the smoothness it's given my skin. Think I misinterpreted the blog review when she wrote that it reduced her redness. I have ruddy skin and was hoping this would calm that redness, it doesn't for me.

I only use it at night now (two spritzes), after cleansing with Dove soap and using my Clarisonic, as it wasn't quite emollient enough for winter days in the Midwest. Looking forward to Spring/Summer and using it for day again. Works well under my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation.

Seems to be good value for money, the bottle lasts quite a long time. I am two months in and have used less than a quarter of the 3.3 oz bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I just smelt this in the store. Like the smell, doesn't react with my eczema skin after patch test. Not sure if I want to splurge on something just because it smells good and does nothing else.

I don't think it's moisturising enough.

Note: Review based on in store test and not purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a small sample size of this with by Nuxe purchase and I was so pleasantly surprised it has the same divine smell as the hand cream. I also really like that it is not so oily and sticky you could imagine and it did great job when I applied it on my dry skin. I think I well definitely be also wearing this more in the summer as it is not too heavy and leaves a great sheen behind so perfect for summer legs and arms.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Its almost a sin to dont have it living in Paris or france generally. Everyone here loves it, magazines advert it and pharmacies have it on display. So of course I have it since forever.

First of all it smells amazing, very sumerry, beachy smell. Bottle is very simple, not the most practical. The bigger one have spritz which isnt really spritzing evenly.

It leaves shiny and beautiful smelling hair but I didnt notice any special moisturising or nourishing properties.

On body- it really is dry oil, it leaves this moisturising sheen but not super moisturising either. I love using it on legs while wearing dresses/skirts makes them look nice.

This version is much better from glitter one just because it doesnt have glitter which gores everywhere, especially in Louis Vuitton canvas and after two years I still have glittery bag... Very hard to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ronniechops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale and I adore it for my hair. It is so smooth and lush and smells divine. I apply 3 or 4 drops to toweldried hair, mostly through the lengths, and blot with a towel afterwards. It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down too much. Now, make no mistake...it won't make any permanent or even lasting improvements to your hair. Hair is DEAD PROTEIN so no product will "improve the health of your hair". This oil does give the look of healthier hair and makes it feel ridiculously soft so it's good in my book :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received as a deluxe sample from Birchbox (when the samples great deluxe sized and not packettes). The smell is divine. My hair and skin absorbed this oil well. Just too pricey for me...sticking with argan oil for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

That oil smells divine!It does leaves the skin super soft and smooth! It does penetrates the skin rapidly! Leaves no residues!It does smells like orange flowers and almonds! It goes really well and it`s perfect for any season! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mafalda14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading some positive reviews, I splashed out on a 100ml bottle. I so wanted to love this, but it's not meant to be...
So, I have been using it only on my body, not face or hair. As a previous poster said, I get the feeling it just sits on the skin, without being really absorbed. At first my my skin feels softer, but the next day there isn't really a difference - unlike some other oils (not dry) that I have tried.
On the plus side, it smells lovely!
I will keep this bottle and use it, but once it is done, I will not repurchase.

Update (18/05/2013): I still feel this is not really moisturising on my body (I use it more as a scented lotion, it smells divine). However, I tried a tiny bit on my tangled hair and it was excellent, smoothing the ends and making it altogether fluffier. I basically spritzed a bit in my hands, rubbed them and combed the ends of my hair with my fingers. I accidentally put a bit near the roots and there the hair felt heavier/greasier than I would have liked. Another time, I used a rather generous amount (several spritzes) on dry hair about half an hour before ashing it. After shampooing it (3 times, I had put that much on!) my hair felt much softer and looked shinier. All in all, it's great on hair.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I apply this to my legs after shaving and find it moisturises well without leaving an oily residue. I like the ritual of it. Other than that I use HP mainly for the scent, which is terrific: soothing, summery and relaxing. Great as a bedtime scent in the summer, unless it is a really hot night (in which case you probably won't want anything). Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had no idea what this was as the language is in french on the sample.. I threw it on my face (yeah, I know) not knowing if that was what the use was for and the next day my skin looked and felt amazing.. Been using sparingly for the last few days at night over my Lancome serum and I love this stuff... My skin in general looks better and my makeup application looks better the next day... I purchased my first bottle today and can't wait to get it... I don't find it THAT expensive compared to most high end brands.. I truly have enjoyed using the sample and look forward to making this a staple in my skin care routine at night! :-)