December 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Yes I love this. Yes it does a great job on your skin after showering, for massages and for my hair. It really does wonders for my hair. The scent is actually not too strong at all and fades fast on me.
Get some- it's good stuff !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by seattlegirl

ugh, I'm updating my review and changing it to 2 stars. I regret blindly buying this without researching it. their claim of it being 98.8% "natural" is what's called greenwashing, and tons of cosmetic companies are jumping on this bandwagon. read the label:

the first ingredient is Isopropyl Isostearate, which is not natural, and is super comedogenic (also know that the first ingredient is going to be the most dominant thing in the bottle). on a scale of 0-5, it rates a 5. I decided to stop taking any chances just in case. but I would have been willing to experiment with it on my face more if it weren't for the fragrance ---

the fragrance is NOT natural, y'all. the label says "parfum/fragrance". if the fragrance came from essential oils, then those oils would be listed (such as lavender or rose oil). but when cosmetic companies just say "fragrance" and leave it at that, it means that's it's artificial.

anyway, I can't stand anything with chemical perfumes. having this product on my face made me feel sick. too bad they don't have a fragrance free version.

finally, it did not actually moisturize that much for me. I felt like I had to go back and add more later after it soaked in.

(note: they don't list their ingredients on their website, but you can find them by doing a google image search for the package.)

12 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this oil, smells delicious, leaves no oily residue and is great for all your dry skin needs.

I recommend you go for the 100ml bottle if you can because it comes in a spray bottle which is easier to apply and less messy.

One spray in my palm is enough to moisturise my face, neck and then I massage the residue into my hands and cuticles. A little really does go a long way. I apply the oil wait 30 seconds and then apply my moisturiser.

Best applied on a damp face to help absorption or you can spray a little in with your regular moisturiser and apply that way.

Love to use this on my skin, my nails have never looked better but I find it too oily for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great product, smells great, great for hair and body. I don't recommend using it on your face, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this as I bought the moisturizing mask from Nuxe.
I was curious about this famous oil and really keen on trying this.
I know, there are many ways to use this as other reviewer mentioned, but I first tried it on my face. There were no bad reactions or irritations, but I didnīt like it either. This said, I must confess, Iīm not using that much face oils. I own only Weleda or Clarins and I use them for a 14 day face oil cure or when I feel, my skin could use oil. No need for me to have another face oil, as it is not part of my everyday skin care routine.
But - and thatīs the expensive part here- I looove this as a body oil. Sigh. Considering the price (25 Euros for 100 ml), this is a real luxury. I donīt use this every day as you can imagine or else, I would have to buy a new bottle every month.
Please use this oil on damp skin, because if you use it on dry skin, it doesnīt sink in and just stays on top.
I use it directly after the shower on my damp skin and I get the softest skin possible. My skin looks glowing and healthy. It looks like the skin of a model in these foto shoots for beauty articles in glossy magazines. You know, the kind of skin, that seems to glow from within and screams "perfect skin here". Luminous and supple, well moisturized and simply beautiful. And that look is hard to archieve with my somehow dull and sometimes scaly skin. I use this mainly in summertime, when I wear skirts and dresses to make my skin look good.
And on top of that, my skin smells so yummy, I could sniff my skin the whole day. Seriously, I think, the scent got me hooked too on this product. It smells very unique like sunwarmed skin with a hint of coconut, but not overpowering or sweet, just a warm scent, that reminds you of beach, sea salt and sun. I read the description "St. Tropez in a bottle" and that is so true. I didnīt think I could like such a sensual scent as I usually get headaches from most perfumes and only wear menīs perfumes, because womenīs perfumes are always too sweet.
I ordered the new perfume "Prodigieux le parfum" from Nuxe, which is exactly the fragrance from the oil. But I think, not everyone may like this scent as fragrances highly depent on the personal taste.
The combination of the feel and the smell of this oil makes it a luxurious experience to use this oil. It makes me feel glamourous whenever I use this.
I donīt use it for other purposes than making the skin on my body look good.
So, Iīd recommend this if you are into dry oils and like scented oils. This is expensive, especially for the way I use it, but the effect is worth it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont like this oil.Its not moisturizing enough-it just stays on the top of my skin.I also tried it on my hair-it made it too oily.I tried under my eyes and it irritated them.The smell is nice and fresh.The price is too high for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by achittenden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought the Huile Prodigieuse because of a great review I'd read on a blog I follow. Love the scent, love the dry feel - though it can get too oily for me if I use too much - and love the smoothness it's given my skin. Think I misinterpreted the blog review when she wrote that it reduced her redness. I have ruddy skin and was hoping this would calm that redness, it doesn't for me.

I only use it at night now (two spritzes), after cleansing with Dove soap and using my Clarisonic, as it wasn't quite emollient enough for winter days in the Midwest. Looking forward to Spring/Summer and using it for day again. Works well under my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation.

Seems to be good value for money, the bottle lasts quite a long time. I am two months in and have used less than a quarter of the 3.3 oz bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I just smelt this in the store. Like the smell, doesn't react with my eczema skin after patch test. Not sure if I want to splurge on something just because it smells good and does nothing else.

I don't think it's moisturising enough.

Note: Review based on in store test and not purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a small sample size of this with by Nuxe purchase and I was so pleasantly surprised it has the same divine smell as the hand cream. I also really like that it is not so oily and sticky you could imagine and it did great job when I applied it on my dry skin. I think I well definitely be also wearing this more in the summer as it is not too heavy and leaves a great sheen behind so perfect for summer legs and arms.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Its almost a sin to dont have it living in Paris or france generally. Everyone here loves it, magazines advert it and pharmacies have it on display. So of course I have it since forever.

First of all it smells amazing, very sumerry, beachy smell. Bottle is very simple, not the most practical. The bigger one have spritz which isnt really spritzing evenly.

It leaves shiny and beautiful smelling hair but I didnt notice any special moisturising or nourishing properties.

On body- it really is dry oil, it leaves this moisturising sheen but not super moisturising either. I love using it on legs while wearing dresses/skirts makes them look nice.

This version is much better from glitter one just because it doesnt have glitter which gores everywhere, especially in Louis Vuitton canvas and after two years I still have glittery bag... Very hard to remove.