July 22, 2014 | 2079 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

That oil smells divine!It does leaves the skin super soft and smooth! It does penetrates the skin rapidly! Leaves no residues!It does smells like orange flowers and almonds! It goes really well and it`s perfect for any season! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mafalda14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading some positive reviews, I splashed out on a 100ml bottle. I so wanted to love this, but it's not meant to be...
So, I have been using it only on my body, not face or hair. As a previous poster said, I get the feeling it just sits on the skin, without being really absorbed. At first my my skin feels softer, but the next day there isn't really a difference - unlike some other oils (not dry) that I have tried.
On the plus side, it smells lovely!
I will keep this bottle and use it, but once it is done, I will not repurchase.

Update (18/05/2013): I still feel this is not really moisturising on my body (I use it more as a scented lotion, it smells divine). However, I tried a tiny bit on my tangled hair and it was excellent, smoothing the ends and making it altogether fluffier. I basically spritzed a bit in my hands, rubbed them and combed the ends of my hair with my fingers. I accidentally put a bit near the roots and there the hair felt heavier/greasier than I would have liked. Another time, I used a rather generous amount (several spritzes) on dry hair about half an hour before ashing it. After shampooing it (3 times, I had put that much on!) my hair felt much softer and looked shinier. All in all, it's great on hair.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I apply this to my legs after shaving and find it moisturises well without leaving an oily residue. I like the ritual of it. Other than that I use HP mainly for the scent, which is terrific: soothing, summery and relaxing. Great as a bedtime scent in the summer, unless it is a really hot night (in which case you probably won't want anything). Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had no idea what this was as the language is in french on the sample.. I threw it on my face (yeah, I know) not knowing if that was what the use was for and the next day my skin looked and felt amazing.. Been using sparingly for the last few days at night over my Lancome serum and I love this stuff... My skin in general looks better and my makeup application looks better the next day... I purchased my first bottle today and can't wait to get it... I don't find it THAT expensive compared to most high end brands.. I truly have enjoyed using the sample and look forward to making this a staple in my skin care routine at night! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

My BF swears by it - he puts it all over his tanned strong body , shaved head and face ( normal to dry face) - i tried on my fair skin face and body and looked oily and dirty - then got pimples so its a big NO for me and a big YES for him - saying that i do use it on my eye area when i run out of eye cream as it is rich enough - but i dont find that absorbing and hate the oil feeling except on my man ! : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Bossanova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not really moisturizing enough for my skin (body or face) but I like to use it on the ends of my hair. The smell is beautiful. While a glass bottle is great for the product, it would be better if the bottle came with a different type of "dispenser" I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Actual rating should be 3.5. I only tried this recently as I received a sample of it from the local sample box system. I still have yet to try this on my face and body because I am still quite skeptical but will try it one day. And I have never tried dry oil at all so I'm still on the fence.

I have used this on my hair because my hair was feeling a little parched from the blowdrying I did and so I washed my hair and used a few drops on the ends of my hair while it was still damp and let it air dry. This smells absolutely amazing and not really that perfumey like people said. I could still pick up the nutty smell in this and this makes my hair smells lovely. However, I do have an oily scalp and fine hair so I can't use this too often as it weighs down my hair and makes it even greasier. I will use it as a leave-in treatment before or after blowdrying(depends on how I want it) or a treatment before I straighten my hair which makes my hair really soft but still styled.

I won't be repurchasing because I think that sample can last me quite a while as I won't be using it everyday due to it being over-indulging. I may come in and edit my review once I tried it on my body and face plus reworking it with my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by gracenaces

I got a sample of this product from a local beauty box. I love it! The smell is good without being overpowering and my skin is softer without being oily or icky. I'd choose this over body butter from now on. I also use this when I take a long bath in the tub. Just a few drops and it works wonders. The softness of my skin lasts long.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Scenta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this on my hands and arms in a shop, thought 'hmm, nice scent, but it's just a body oil like loads of others'. An hour or so later I noticed my hands and arms felt deliciously soft and smooth, but not oily or sticky at all, just moisturized. Amazing for me - I have horrible dry, papery skin. But even my elbows felt softer.
So I went back and bought it, and am not disappointed. The smell is light, fresh, slightly flowery, but not at all overpowering. The effects last and last, and a little goes a long way which is why I think this product is good value compared to cheaper body lotions/butters that you have to slop all over you to get the same effect. With this, I just a couple of sprays on each leg, one for each arm, one for the chest and smooth in (and this is for ultra dry skin).
My advice: don't judge this on the first application - leave it on for an hour and see how your skin feels. The bottle is classy, too, a nice change from plastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by blushgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love dry oils on my skin and I love this one as well . Dry oils also love my " pushing 60" skin.
Nuxe had me at the glass bottle. It indicates to me that it is a premium product. And... the idea that it is from France totally sold me.
I know it is a little indulgent and silly but I do like that it is a French product and that fact makes me feel somewhat sophisticated when I use it.

Nuxe has a wonderful scent. The scent may not be for everyone. I like the scent and it doesn't last so it isn't really a problem.

I bought this product on sale and would use it again if I could get it on sale again.
At the usual price I would have to say no and maybe go for jojoba or bio oil. (They are both lovely and I sometimes add a drop of my own rosewood essential oil to the jojoba.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No