Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 11/21/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Update: just too fragranced in the end. Didn't have great results on either hair or skin. Gave it away.

__________________________________

I'm writing this review for Prodigieuse as a HAIR oil, because that it primarily what I had bought it for. I've tried skin oils with a good result, so I wanted a nice hair oil. Bought the 50ml original version for AU $28.

Hair type:
Normal to dry in winter, very fine, affected by humidity, not using any other products whilst I try this (except for my shampoo, which has less than 10 ingredients and is natural)

Trialling:
- First tried this on my dry hair. 3-4 drops only, massaged between my palms. However, I ended up with a huge greaseball. My hair is very fine, but I had thought with the 'dry' aspect of the oil, would not be a problem. It really did not seem to be working, and was really hard to distribute through the ends of my hair (even with a fine comb).

- Then tried this on hair after it had been washed and towel dried. Seemed to work much better for me. Again, I only used about 3-4 drops and combed it through. However, after my hair had completely dried, although it didn't feel greasy, my hair was quite lank.

Results:
Does make my hair softer, but only for the day after using. Also makes my hair puffy, which is unwanted - was really hoping this could combat humidity and it doesn't for me.

Packaging:
The 50ml version doesn't come with a spray, which does make it harder to distribute the product. But really the bottle is great, much nicer glass than unenvironmental plastic. Stopper on bottle prevents oil from leaking so I've never had problems with it.

Size/Value:
Glad I got the 50ml, because I can see that by just using less than 5 drops at a time, this will last me a while. I would have trialled the mini sample bottle if I had a chance though. I didn't think this was that expensive compared to other hyped oils, so I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Overall:
Want to see if it will work like a hair mask before shampooing. But overall it hasn't really worked for what I wanted. I can feel that it makes my hands soft when I apply it to my hair, so I don't think this is wasted. Because it hasn't worked for me on hair, I am going to try it on legs for a bit of 'glow' when I go out. I am a bit disappointed that it didn't work, but am going to keep trying this and update if I find any useful method. Obviously having fine hair it was always going to be uncertain if this worked, but I did have some hopes for it as a dry oil. I may have to try something specific to hair, so if anyone has any reccommendations, let me know. I would tentatively buy this again at the moment, but this might change with an update.

on 11/7/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried many other oil sprays, dry oil sprays, etc.
I've tried things made especially for the body, especially for dry skin, especially for hair — none work as well as this multi-usage dry oil. Really. I have been repurchasing this for a while, and this is amazing. I have very dry skin and eczema, and I barely need to use any of this to make my skin feel hydrated and awesome. I really like it. I also use it on my hair; however, I'd recommend using it on very dry hair that needs a boost, or on your hair when it's wet/damp, after a shower — that way, your hair won't be terribly oily.

It's amazing, I am absolutely enamoured by this product. Highly recommended.

on 11/2/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love how this smells! I wish there was a matching perfume oil or something like that. I know in France there is a Parfum available but haven't seen it in US or Canada yet. The scent of the oil is warm, sophisticated, floral-y (like camellia, gardenia and jasmine) but not cloying and unfortunately the scent doesn't really last past 30-60 minutes. Although maybe that's a good thing if you are sensitive to scent. It soaks right in and leaves skin and hair soft without any gross greasy feel. A little bit really does go a long way!

I use a few drops in my hair after I shampoo, as a leave in. Or on my legs/arms in the summer mixed with some shimmery bronzer stuff. Or as an after-bath oil. Pretty much anywhere for anything. The bottle is on the small side but this really does last forever. I had the large bottle and now using the smaller 50 mL and have had it for months. The only downside is my larger bottle came with the spray top so you can mist it on your hair or skin but the smaller one you just pour out. I'm not sure if it's still sold this way, but regardless it's a lovely product.

I've heard lots of people use it to: mix with foundation instead of tinted moisturiser for glow-y skin, as a facial oil, massage, for dry cuticles, for scalp massage, etc etc . .. I don't think it is super moisturising if you have severely dry skin though, you will probably need a lotion or body butter on top.

Would recommend this to anyone if it's in your budget.. Realistically you can use just about any oil and get these same benefits - jojoba oil, argan oil etc. However I do love the scent and since the majority of fragrances give me migraines I feel this is one of those "treat" products for me.

on 10/23/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

A great face oil. I love face and body oils.

I got into the face oils with Josie Maran Argan, and then I bought this. I love both.

Noticed this oil is mostly Jojoba oil, Safflower Oil and Vitamin E with perfumes. Can buy for much much less than purchasing the NUXE brand.

Will use what I have, and then mix my own

Right now I have a good selection of oils, Argan, Emu, Rosehip, pure aloe vera, and the NUXE all which hydrate my face and hands, some act as serums others as fantastic moisturizers.

on 9/14/2013 5:59:00 AM

I put this product on this morning, 12 hours later as I'm writing this review I can still smell the fragrance of the oil on my skin, lovely and subtle. I have been using this oil for about 4 months and I really do like it. This is the first bottle I have ever purchased ah the joys of internet shopping and reasonable international postage ! I have used dry oils in the past , Neutrogena being one and this product is by far my favourite. I adore the smell , I love how its glides onto the skin and soaks in without leaving any residue . I spray it into my body lotions for a extra bit of humph and spray it directly onto my skin and it doubles as a lovely fragrance. The effects last all day , for me anyway , and I have had no reactions what so ever. I have sprayed into my hands , a kind of half squirt and then run my hands through the bottom part of my hair, just to see how it was. Not bad, wouldn't say its on par with any of my actual hair products but the smell was nice. I'm not convinced I would put it on my face but saying that I have patted my hands onto my face (we have just gone through winter) after I have rubbed oil onto my arms , legs etc. I opted for the larger bottle with the spray pump and have found it easy to use, please note the smaller bottles you pour out the oil, it might not be as practical or economical I have been using this daily and I'm about one third way through so I have found this to be very good value actually. I also bought a hand cream so will make sure I write a review for that too. I would recommend this and it will certainly be a gift from me to some friends who I know will love it. It is a lovely product , leaves your skin supple and soft and personally I'm in the camp that loves the smell . This will defiantly be a repurchase and yes I would recommend. I see this product lasting about 12 months after essentially daily use, you really do not need much, so good value .Its a bit of luxury and in my experience a product that does what it says it does.

on 9/5/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells lovely but I have to be honest if the smell wasn't as lovely as it is I'm not sure what else there is. It doesn't work Miracles for my hair or skin but at the same time does make them both soft but so would olive oil so save your money people

on 8/21/2013 5:22:00 AM

Love this oil. It is luxurious and soaks in fast. It leaves my skin with a delicate scent which I love. Alot of scents can trigger a migraine for me, and I was concerned that this might as it was a new scent and can smell quite strong when you spray it first, but its a very delicate scent when you apply it to your skin. I generally wouldnt wear perfume on a day I have applied this oil as you wouldnt need one.

It's also great in your hair to calm and smooth it - just one little squirt into your fingers and then rub it through the lengths of your hair.

Overall I love it. Its a luxurious pampering treat. The only down side is while it is moisturising, it is probably not the most mega moisturising thing ever, and so for my legs which can be quite dry I find I have to use a good amount of it there.

on 8/19/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the smell of this but I do think that this product is overrated. This oil can be used on the face, body or hair but I only like it as a body oil because it has to much fragrance for my face and it makes my hair to greasy. It's nice as a body oil but the glass bottle is very inconvenient to use, so if it would came in a plastic bottle for a cheaper price I would buy it again.

on 8/16/2013 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have a combination skin, at times dehydrated. I don't like heavy creams on my face, but I also don't like anything oily. I was reluctant about this products, but once I used a tiny bit in the pharmacy, I fell in love with it. Even though it is an oil, it is a dry one, so it doesn't leave your skin all oily. It absorbs fast and leaves my skin super soft. It also smells great. At first the fragrance might be strong, but it dissolves quickly as well, leaving a nice and powdery scent on your skin. I massage into my face, my neck and my chest. I use less perfume, since all my colognes stay on my skin much longer. I like that either way you prefer, you can apply it wet or dry, and you do not have to wipe it with a towel.

My skin LOVES the feel of this oil. My face reacted very well to it, and did not break my out. Also, this oil does not have a heavy consistency, so I like to use it on my cuticles. I have not used it on my hair, but this is only because I use the coconut oil. Overall, I love this oil and will buy it again. Thank you NUXE.

on 8/14/2013 3:57:00 PM

I think this product is overrated and overpriced. The smell is nice, the texture is light. The spritz bottle is unpractical. It doesn't spray the oil drips and runs all over the bottle. I think there are more dry oils in the marked for less money and as effective as nuxe. I have oily skin, so I did not use it on my face, it was nice as a body oil, the scent is pleasant. But I don't understand the fuss about it, Its not a holy grail product. or a cult product for me. I use it now to moisturize my hair's dry ends. After I finish the bottle, I am sure I'll fine a better product for less