July 26, 2014 | 970 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara about two weeks ago and I actually REALLY like it!
I love the length it gives my lashes! It's a dry formula which is my preference. It also doesn't flake at all for me. I did not notice a scent to it which is great because I hate stinky mascara's.
The only reason why I would not repurchase this is because of the price. I find I get the same length and volume from my Almay Get up and Grow mascara which costs 8$ instead of 25$.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The old formula was better. The new formula I purchased a few weeks ago flaked, irritated my eyes and did not volumize as well as the formula I had purchased 3 years ago. Returned in exchanged for the Amazonian Clay gifted mascara and am loving it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this! My all time favorite is Benefit's They're Real! which defines and lengthens my lashes beautifully. I already have long, dark lashes but I just want to make my eyes look more "awake." I got two full size Lights, Camera, Lashes! in my Bow and Go TSV set from QVC and never thought in a million years I'd like it. I separates my lashes, adds just the right amount of length, and really makes my eyes pop. The only thing that bother me: Smell and packaging. It has a little bit of a smell, which I've never noticed in a mascara before, but it's not bad enough that I don't still enjoy using it. The packaging just looks so tacky to me and I wish I could remove the faux purple casing it's in, but this gives the mascara a unique/instantly recognizable look so I guess if that's the signature look they're going for, they got it. Definitely would repurchase.

EDIT 2.28.14: This mascara kept clumping on me after a bit, so I found that wiping the applicator on a tissue and then applying it keeps it clump free, in case anyone has had a problem with that. Still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this mascara with my 100 points from Sephora and even that feels like a waste of "money' to me. The mascara goes on okay, doesn't really do much for length or thickness, but it's fine anyways.

My big problem is that it didn't come off. I have expensive waterproof makeup remover which removes me waterproof eyeliner and all other mascaras I've use, but this one didn't budge. I wiped my eye a little later after washing my face and it came away black. This can't be good for your lashes.

That coupled with the fact that it wasn't that great of a mascara, and I won't be purchasing this stuff ever. Tarte rocks for almost everything else but this was no good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

A great mascara. Gives you that fluffy, full lash. Packaging is annoying and gimmicky but whatever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

This is a dryer formula with a small, natural brush. The packaging is adorable. I love almost everything I've tried from Tarte, but not this mascara.

When you apply it, it takes a lot of time to build, which isn't necessarily bad if the end result is amazing.

It applies to a very natural look. It builds a lot of volume at the base and the lashes themselves look multiplied, not clumpy at all. I don't think it adds a lot of length. It just looks like you have a million beautiful natural lashes.

What I hate about this formula is that it flakes all over the place as you apply it! I'm using a brand new tube that I opened about 2 weeks ago and have used probably 3 times and it just flakes all over my cheeks and nose! By the time I am done applying, it has ruined my foundation, blush, and under-eye concealer.

I'm so annoyed because I just love the way it looks, but I can't deal with so much flaking! I would have to apply my eye makeup first, wipe away all of the fallout, and then do the rest of my face, and I don't think this mascara is worth such a drastic change in my routine. Sad face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dharrison

This is a great mascara for everyday use. It really fill outs my lashes and makes them appear longer. The only downside is that I ran out of it quicker than I normally do with other mascaras. Also, I'm not a fan of the case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I love this mascara! I have thin lashes and this thickens them nicely. I was in the market for a gentle mascara due to some eye issues I was having. The SA at Ulta suggested this and I have bought 2 since then. It doesn't flake nor smudge. I wore it all summer and it stayed where it was suppose to until I removed it at the end of the day. It makes my lashes look dark and thick. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

Great mascara! No smudging, no flaking and super black. It lengthens, thickens and curls. It has no smell either which is a nice change. Packaging is super fun - purple faux leather cover around purple plastic tube! Have repurchased it numerous times. It doesn't have preservatives so it does dry out/get old faster than other mascaras I have used but I love this mascara regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Mezalez

This mascara was on sale so I decided to give it a try. It does a very nice job at lengthening my eyelashes and it doesn't clump at all! But I do have to use a second mascara to thicken my lashes. But all in all, it's pretty good