Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

FYI product contains 4.5% formaldehyde - that is why it works and it works very well. Make sure to use it as directed...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

So far i'm liking this. My nails are already firm and in good shape so i didnt NEED this to strengthen its more like a maintainance method i thought i'd try. i like that this is a light liquid which although blue in color dries clear and vanishes almost immediately (provided you use sparingly) unpon application. i also like how unlike other nail treatments its not like a polish you need to put on every other day and then take off, it literally just absorbs in the nail you apply as often as directed. I think i can say it has helped add reinforcement to the strength my nails already have and it seems like it'll last ages. a 5ml bottle is apparently a years supply but i can see this lasting longer

update nov 09. i ADORE this magic blue stuff, its saved me from numerous potential breaks. my nails have had a few shakes that im sure would've broken em had it not been for my use of this. :).

This is the ONLY product ive found thats put an end to my splitting nails along the surface/root corners of my nails. 5 stars, i'd give 10 if it could make em indestrucatable to ever ever breaking

I hate to ruin the good reviews, but this stuff ruined my nails. I stumbled upon the reviews and decided to purchase based on the excellent ratings. My nails had finally grown out and looked nice, and based on the reviews this seemed like a good product to maintain the health of my nails. Almost immediately my nail tips started peeling and flaking off, but I kept using this weekly for about six weeks to give it a chance. The entire time I used it my nails were a flaky mess, and they've started growing a bit now that I've stopped. While using this, I continued to use the same base coat I'd been using, so really the only change was the Mavala Nail Hardener. I really wish that I got the results that everyone else got, but my search for a good nail strengthener continues. If this works for you, it's a great buy because this one bottle looks like it will last forever.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using the Mavala system since december 20,2008. I have to say using the Nail Hardener and the Nail shield once a week or when getting manicure has done wonders for my nails. I also use the Mavaderma and Nailactan every night. I have used artifical nails(acrylic and gels nails) since I was 18 years old, i am now 32 years old. So I thought there was no hope for me, my nails were just going to be damaged forever. I got tired of the artifical nails because since my nail bed was so weak, the nails would break and when the heat was applied during the refill, my nail bed would burn. It also become so expensive for the fills and soaking and applying new sets. It feels so good, getting manicure, less expensive and healthy for my nails. Since I have been going for manicure, The main nail technician who has been using the product on my nails, everytime I go, has really noticed a difference. When I take out the products, people will ask me where did I get the products from? My nails are definitely a lot stronger, and look healthier. I have to keep my nails short because my nails naturally curl and they will break if I don't keep them short. I would like to thank everyone who made comments about this product, If it wasn't for you I wouldnt have known about this product and definitely wouldn't have purchased it. I look to makeupalley for all my products regarding nail and skin care.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product (Scientifique), is 4.5% formaldehyde and is supposed to be applied only to the white portion of the nail to harden/strengthen the tips. I contacted Mavala and was told that overuse will cause nail tips to break, flake, or peel from over-drying. It does work to make the nail tips harder almost immediately because it's absorbed.

Some people are allergic to formaldehyde and shouldn't use this product. Also, Scientifique shouldn't be put on the pink portion of the nail or on cuticles because it can can cause dryness, burning, and aching. I used a mask when I applied it because of the strong odor. I am one of the people allergic to formaldehyde (it makes my nails and hands ache), so I don't use it (or any formaldehyde strengthener) anymore.

yes yes yes - AMAZING stuff, before this my nails would peel from one side to the other or flake at the tips and they would never grow due to this, at some points i could even completely bend them down but this stuff has worked wonders!!!!! i have not had my nails this long for years and i think thats because not that it makes them grow but it makes them strong enough so they get a decent chance to grow!!!! this stuff comes with all kinds of warnings due to the formaldahyde (sp) but i have tried a few different ways. it states like twice a week then only ever other week but at first i did every night on the tip then on the whole nail and now i have calmed down now that they are at a level of strength im happy with but every now and again i will apply a coat all over let it soak in then apply another and thats it for the week! this is a def HG item and ignore the price because this stuff will last soooooooo long its unreal i have had mine 4 months and havnt even dented the amount!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product works too well. It definitely hardens the nails but it does so in a way that I think actually changes the chemical compostion of the nails -- they end up as hard as concrete and you can really hurt yourself if your fingers get caught in something. So I use it sparingly.

I also wish the bottle wasn't so tiny, and had more stability. Brush is difficult to work with too.

This has most definitely improved my brittle nails. Before, my nails would split at the top, and before they would get to a certain length, the nail polish would just chip because the top lawyer was always missing. After a few weeks of use, I clearly have harder, longer nails. They are the longest they have ever been without splitting at the ends! And they look healthy (I also use cuticle oil). Every time I do my nails, I brush the tips of my nails, then, as they are drying, I put cuticle oil on and massage. I then wash my nails and apply two new coats of nail hardener before I coat my nails with OPI's CHIP SKIP, two coats of nail polish, and finish off with top coat. My nails look great, and I get plenty of compliments everyday! For my hands, I use olive oil.

Great stuff!

A product that really works!! I had acrylic nails for 15 years and tried many times to take them off and let my nails grow. My nails were so thin, just peeled and they looked awful. I was so embarrassed that I would give up and go back to the acyrlics. After reading the reviews I gave Mavala a shot, it's like a miracle!! I applied it every day and started to see the difference within a week or so. After 4 weeks of faithful use: I had nails, they are strong, no peeling & splitting!!
I'm thrilled to have natural nails that look nice, I would highly recommend Mavala

Popular Treatments