October 31, 2014 | 1630 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Line Smoothing Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday concealer and I really love it.
If I'm running late, and don't have time for a full face, I just use this on my eyes, red spots (and the occasional break-outs), add some mascara and I'm good to go!

Pros:
- Natural looking
- Great coverage
- Last all day
- Does not break me out
- Stays put when working out/on rainy days

Cons:
- Unhygienic packaging
- Not the best shade-selection

Will buy again and again and again!

UPDATE: After switching to Origins skincare I do not need foundation and concealer anymore:)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awful. The color it's ok, but it settles into fine lines and looks cakey. Itīs a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing its good for is the trashcan, gets cakey, settles into lines, wears off in an hour...bad color's, just very bad stuff...dont know how they sale such bad makeup..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by GLandry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just grabbed this on a whim the other day and its the first time I dont have to fix my under eye concealer as the day goes on. I put it on ( perfect colour match for me) and set with powder and off I go ! I have quite a few lines around my eyes but this does my settle at all !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just bought this and so far I love it...doesn't dry out or settle into fine lines (isn't aging fabulous)...I wear this with eye makeup (no foundation or powder) and I look flawless...I'm also considering the Makeup Forever stick but this seems to be HG worthy in the interim

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently on the 3rd tube of this.
I have been using No 01-Ivory in the past. Then for about 5 years I was in-between products, I got tired of looking and decided to come back to that. Imagine my surprise when I almost started a fight with the Clinique SA, me insisting on buying shade 01 and her insisting there was no such shade. Anyway, I settled on 02, which is still OK for me. Now I see No 01 is non-existent anymore. Sorry girl! But you should have been better informed. Were you not at all curious, why the numbering started at 02?
Anyway, I like the consistency, it covers my -slight- under eye circles well and brightens my complexion without drying the skin.
I have some small under eye lines since always, and even though they are not covered, neither are they accentuated. I touch it afterward with a brush with the slightest bit of loose powder to set it (Chanel loose powder) and it looks great for hours.
Used lightly on top of a blemish it helps cover it. Now I know MU artists say that when we use a lighter concealer we actually bring the pimple out and actually highlighting it, but I am very happy with the results I get from this product.
As for the doe-foot applicator, I never had a hygiene problem with my previous 2, so its not a big deal to me.
Ever since I saw the ArtDeco concealers I thought maybe I should give them a try, but even if I do, I think I will buy this again - just to be sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by amandasbananas

The pros: This gives GREAT coverage, and comes in a decent range of colours to match your skin tone. As long as I use a good moisturiser first it does its job of minimising lines and imperfections.

The cons: I hate the doe foot applicator - it seems quite unhygienic and it's hard to apply just a small amount. I wish that this came in a squeeze tube with a fine nose like some other Clinique concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty disappointed.The applicator makes it difficult to control the amount of product used. If you use the wand directly on blemishes you will contaminate the bottle with bacteria. I find the best way to use this is by spreading a decent amount on the back of a clean hand and applying with a synthetic blending brush. This method achieves flawless, natural coverage. As far as under eye concealing, this seems to do the exact opposite of what it claims. I'm 23 and wrinkle-free yet this product manages to create fine lines where there is none.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by midnightblue1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this concealer, it did a very good job covering fine lines, blemishes, and acne scarrings. The only downside is it can look a little cakey and I don't think its oil-free. I'm always a little concern that my skin will breakout when I use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I like this concealer, but unfortunately the SA steered me in the wrong direction and gave me 03, which is the second lightest shade (the numbers start at 02). Well, this is way too dark for my NC20 complexion. I'm not even sure if this will look okay in the Summer once I tan a bit. Despite the color being off I do like the texture and I feel like it does a fine job minimizing fine lines and covering minor imperfections. Albeit, it can be a bit drying if you don't use a good moisturizer. I plan on repurchasing this in the right color once I finish my other concealer (Estee Lauder Line Smoothing), which I really like, but it doesn't provide the coverage I need.