Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.5

on 3/4/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my HG concealer! I use under my eyes, on brown spots, blemishes, and vein lines. The application is easy. Love the applicator. I dot on with applicator, and smooth out. I have never had it settle into lines nor get cakey. It lasts forever, which makes it a bargain. The line smoothing concealer is as important as my mascara in my makeup routine. I tried quite a few concealers before Clinique rep suggested this to me and I don't need to try any other product. Don't leave home without it!

on 3/3/2012 10:07:00 AM

I love this concealer! For years I've always used drugstore concealers but I kept seeing the youtubers on Pixiwoo always use this. So I tried it out and have loved it ever since. I don't have issues with fine lines so I am not sure how well it truly works with those who have this issue. I think this concealer is great for blemishes, acne scarring and anything else. I love using this under my foundation. The price is okay considering that it is around $15 but well worth it!

on 2/20/2012 8:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the only concealer that doesn't make me break out. I only use it to cover my acne scars so I can't say much for the line smoothing effects. It offers great coverage so I'll definitely purchase this again!

on 11/25/2011 9:10:00 AM

It is a must that you moisterise and hydrate the area under your eyes before you use this concealer because it will look cakey if you don't.
I use the lightest shade and it matches rather well and it covers up my dark circles. I have very light skin so I find it difficult to conceal dark circles without ending up highlighting them and this concealer does it.
It makes lines more pronounced when I skip the daycream a second before applying the concealer.
I use the dove top applicator and dab how much i think I need and then blend t out with a MAC 224 brush, whats left over on the brush I use elsewhere on my face if needed.

Before this I used benefit under eye concealer which looked very heavy and this one doesnt look as heavy and covers better.

on 11/2/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after I was out of my usual Stila concealer. This is supposed to be a "line smoothing" concealer but it makes fine lines more noticeable!
The packaging is cheap and it doesn't blend or cover dark circles at all. Don't waste your
money on this garbage.

on 10/25/2011 5:06:00 PM

After using a drugstore concealer for the longest time, I decided to try my luck with a brand name concealer. I kind of bought this product on a whim, after I couldn't find "Amazing Concealer" at my local Sephora. At first, I loved it; it was easily blendable and concealed all of my blemishes. However, after a couple more uses, I discovered that it wore off after just a few hours (even with setting powder) and showed up really orangey in natural light. Especially since this concealer wasn't extremely cheap, I really was expecting more out of this product.

on 10/25/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was thrilled to read so many good reviews on this product and bought it thinking that it would be the perfect concealer. Alas, it does not work at all for me. It settles into lines and wrinkles and makes me look a lot older than I actually am. I found though, that just a little goes a long way and minimizes the settling, but it still settles there. I sometimes try to dilute it with a bit of undereye cream which helps a little. A little less coverage, sheer, but it's better then the concealer settling. The color is true to skin tone, which I find is probably the best trait of this concealer. But I really don't think I will buy this again. It's a little time consuming and difficult to apply.

on 10/16/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

When my skin is free of hyperpigmentation & acne, this stuff works like a foundation for me! It's given me flawless looking skin before but because my skin is acne prone, the sponge tip applicator isn't the best option for me. After awhile, it seemed my skin was breaking out even more so I stopped using this product & if I purchased it again, I'd be sure to dab it onto another surface & then apply it to my skin from there. I purchased this in Deep Honey & it was a purrrfect shade for me.
UPDATE: Despite using this for over a year, I'm not loving it like I used to for under my eyes. It seems to be settling into fine lines and accentuating them more than had I gone w/o concealer at all. I don't even have a lot of fine lines but this stuff just makes em stand out & makes me look tired so I'm no longer using it for that.

on 10/11/2011 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is my everyday concealer and I really love it.
If I'm running late, and don't have time for a full face, I just use this on my eyes, red spots (and the occasional break-outs), add some mascara and I'm good to go!

Pros:
- Natural looking
- Great coverage
- Last all day
- Does not break me out
- Stays put when working out/on rainy days

Cons:
- Unhygienic packaging
- Not the best shade-selection

Will buy again and again and again!

UPDATE: After switching to Origins skincare I do not need foundation and concealer anymore:)

on 10/10/2011 4:07:00 PM

This product is awful. The color it's ok, but it settles into fine lines and looks cakey. Itīs a waste of money.