September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Line Smoothing Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently on the 3rd tube of this.
I have been using No 01-Ivory in the past. Then for about 5 years I was in-between products, I got tired of looking and decided to come back to that. Imagine my surprise when I almost started a fight with the Clinique SA, me insisting on buying shade 01 and her insisting there was no such shade. Anyway, I settled on 02, which is still OK for me. Now I see No 01 is non-existent anymore. Sorry girl! But you should have been better informed. Were you not at all curious, why the numbering started at 02?
Anyway, I like the consistency, it covers my -slight- under eye circles well and brightens my complexion without drying the skin.
I have some small under eye lines since always, and even though they are not covered, neither are they accentuated. I touch it afterward with a brush with the slightest bit of loose powder to set it (Chanel loose powder) and it looks great for hours.
Used lightly on top of a blemish it helps cover it. Now I know MU artists say that when we use a lighter concealer we actually bring the pimple out and actually highlighting it, but I am very happy with the results I get from this product.
As for the doe-foot applicator, I never had a hygiene problem with my previous 2, so its not a big deal to me.
Ever since I saw the ArtDeco concealers I thought maybe I should give them a try, but even if I do, I think I will buy this again - just to be sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by amandasbananas

The pros: This gives GREAT coverage, and comes in a decent range of colours to match your skin tone. As long as I use a good moisturiser first it does its job of minimising lines and imperfections.

The cons: I hate the doe foot applicator - it seems quite unhygienic and it's hard to apply just a small amount. I wish that this came in a squeeze tube with a fine nose like some other Clinique concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty disappointed.The applicator makes it difficult to control the amount of product used. If you use the wand directly on blemishes you will contaminate the bottle with bacteria. I find the best way to use this is by spreading a decent amount on the back of a clean hand and applying with a synthetic blending brush. This method achieves flawless, natural coverage. As far as under eye concealing, this seems to do the exact opposite of what it claims. I'm 23 and wrinkle-free yet this product manages to create fine lines where there is none.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by midnightblue1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this concealer, it did a very good job covering fine lines, blemishes, and acne scarrings. The only downside is it can look a little cakey and I don't think its oil-free. I'm always a little concern that my skin will breakout when I use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I like this concealer, but unfortunately the SA steered me in the wrong direction and gave me 03, which is the second lightest shade (the numbers start at 02). Well, this is way too dark for my NC20 complexion. I'm not even sure if this will look okay in the Summer once I tan a bit. Despite the color being off I do like the texture and I feel like it does a fine job minimizing fine lines and covering minor imperfections. Albeit, it can be a bit drying if you don't use a good moisturizer. I plan on repurchasing this in the right color once I finish my other concealer (Estee Lauder Line Smoothing), which I really like, but it doesn't provide the coverage I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Sag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product, but not for the reasons it claims. I've been using this for about 2 yrs, and although I'm 23 I do have some fine lines around my eyes, I have no idea why! This concealer does nothing to help. It actually accentuates them, and under the eyes it does not last at all. However!!!! This is not why I use this product. I use it to hide my acne scars. It last great when I do it just on the spots and also it helps brighten the spots, cutting down the time that the brown spots last. I need all the help I can get when it comes to clearing up my acne scars, for that reason alone I'll continue to love and purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shizsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first discovered Clinique’s Line smoothing concealer 8 years ago, when I was 16. My aunt sent me a Clinique package from the US and I found it to be the best concealer – when I was 16. 7 years later, having fine lines and dark under eye circles, I decided to repurchase my so called “best concealer”. Although it has great coverage for red spots and dark circles, clinique’s line smoothing concealer emphasizes my fine lines more rather than concealing it. In addition, the product is very difficult to blend out because once you apply too much; it tends to be extremely cakey. Nevertheless, I still use this product everyday because it works very well as a highlighter. Don’t get me wrong, clinique’s concealer is still included in my top 5 list of favorite concealers .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "moderately fair" shade.I am nc20 and the color works well for me under the eyes.however it looks darker on dark spots.I didn't have great expectations when buying this but still i am disappointed.My eye area is terrible,really dark and always tired looking.it does a good job covering the area and illuminates a little.but at the same time settles in every little line that i have.and i am 22 years old so no real "lines" here.also it definetely doesnt moisturize.there is not much dryness under my eyes and i always use eye creams before concealing but still it looks very cakey.when i check my make up in the sunlight,i can see that the product looks like a deserted area and there are cracked looking concealer all over the fine lines.it gets even worse when a setting powder applied.i tried it with different eye creams,different brushes and powders.mac 217 is my long time favourite for blending liquid concealers and even it didnt turn out to be good when it comes to this one.since i cant seem to make it work for my eyes,i am using it on my face.it is nice when covering the spots,pimples etc.however i dont have much imperfections such as those so i think someone having problems with those issues should say this.
all in all,it is a conc. that does a terrible job when is comes to line smoothing.I won't but again for sure

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ajnpinkpoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product, but the shade I got was too dark for me (moderately fair), and i'm pretty sure that's the lightest one. It covered well, didn't crease, and lasted longer than the one i'm using now (Physicians Formula rx). Also, I really don't like the packaging. I like how the tube is clear, and I like the applicator, but it's hard to get to all the product on the sides and bottom. I tried to get the rubber stopper out but the tube covers it up. ):

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by IlNay78

I liked this concealer but it's not the best.
i liked how well it covered my dark circles at first (i have BAD dark circles) but after a while it wears off. by the end of the day when i am removing my makeup, it's not even there anymore. i go to school so i don't really have time to touch up or anything. i never wear much makeup anyways. i like this but i would have to sort of reconsider before purchasing again. it lasted me quite a while too though.