MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 12/8/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i wasn't super impressed with this liner. I thought it looked almost identical to blacktrack except that it was slightly...very slightly less pigmented than blacktrack. You cannot see the gold flecks in it unless you look super close. The only time I saw the gold flecks was when I removed the liner. I like blacktrack a lot more.

this eyeliner also smears slightly for me.

on 12/1/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just started getting into gel liners, and i thought something with MAC would be sweet to start out with. although pretty much everyone i know swears by MAC's blacktrack, i definitely love this one instead. the shimmers are really subtle, but they add a little definition to whatever sort of look you go for. i really recommend this. =]

on 10/23/2010 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

My aunt just gave this to me, because she didn't know how to apply gel eyeliner and she overheard me telling my friends I only used gels. I love this so much. At first thought it was blacktrack, cause she had said it was black, but when i received this i immediately fell in love! omg what a beatiful color. I dont think ill ever use blacktrack again. <33

Would definitely repurchase

on 9/20/2010 5:47:00 PM

This was one of my first MAC purchases. I like the formula, it glides on easily, doesn't budge and comes off easily with a little eyemakeup remover. This gel liner makes it easier for me to do a winged liner look without too much hassle.

I cannot really tell that there are gold flecks in the liner, just looks black to me.

The little pot this stuff comes in is really heavy though.

on 8/4/2010 4:19:00 PM

I was a little weary about buying this product but I will never regret this purchase! It is easy to apply and the color is fantastic. I have been wearing black liquid liner for many years and was looking for an alternative. This is a FANTASTIC change!! It is easy to apply and can be built up to create a thick line or smudged to create a softer look. I would (and have!!!) been telling everyone to purchase this item! LOVE!

on 7/24/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was really excited about using this product, as I read lots of good reviews on here. But...I am really disappointed!

The colour of Blitz and Glitz was more dark brown than black, and the shimmer was too subtle.

It was not easy to use, due to the consistency - it was quite a thick gel, and looked clumpy on the brush. However, it did glide on smoothly and looked creamy.

I have been using Rimmell Professional Liquid Eyeliner for donkey's years, but have noticed recently that it has been flaking - and no, I haven't been using the same bottle for all that time ;)... I think this is due to aging (I am 33).

Today, after the first use, I looked in the mirror after a few hours of wear, and it was smeared underneath my eyes, quite badly. My wings had melted!

It was not smudge-proof on me. However, the colour itself was still highly pigmented.

Overall, I am not impressed - sorry MAC. Actually, you should say sorry to me!

I absolutely love this product. I have been wearing this eyeliner for at least two years, and have still not run out of the product (although I have a back-up just in case)! It's not as dark as Blacktrack, which makes it (in my opinion) more natural looking. The staying power of this product is fantastic, and application is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. I use a angeled brow brush to apply it, and can line my eyes in about 15 seconds. I will definitely continue using this product and recommend it everyone!

on 6/19/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This truly is a soft black. I perfer blacktrack for a more bold true black. I think if you are more fair skinned this is a perfect black for you. It has the wonderful fluid application that I love but soley on the color I gave it 3 lippies. Too light for my latina NW25 skin. I wouldn't buy it again because I perfer blacktrack.

on 5/21/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my everyday work eyeliner. Its not too bold and it ties any eye look together. Have already been through 2 pots of this and I know I will go through more.

on 4/9/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It is a nice softer shade of black. Perfect for everyday. I have fair NW 20 skina nd blue eyes and this is polished but not too stark. I wont purchase these liners anymore because they dont stay on me any better than normal pencils. Back to MAC liquidlast Ill go. I have hoody eyes and Mac and Bobbi gel liners tend to smudge below my eyes and sometimes up too. If you dont have this problem this might be for you. These are the easiest liners ever to use, even easier than pencils.