August 30, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This was one of my first MAC purchases. I like the formula, it glides on easily, doesn't budge and comes off easily with a little eyemakeup remover. This gel liner makes it easier for me to do a winged liner look without too much hassle.

I cannot really tell that there are gold flecks in the liner, just looks black to me.

The little pot this stuff comes in is really heavy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cristinc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a little weary about buying this product but I will never regret this purchase! It is easy to apply and the color is fantastic. I have been wearing black liquid liner for many years and was looking for an alternative. This is a FANTASTIC change!! It is easy to apply and can be built up to create a thick line or smudged to create a softer look. I would (and have!!!) been telling everyone to purchase this item! LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by fairychar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited about using this product, as I read lots of good reviews on here. But...I am really disappointed!

The colour of Blitz and Glitz was more dark brown than black, and the shimmer was too subtle.

It was not easy to use, due to the consistency - it was quite a thick gel, and looked clumpy on the brush. However, it did glide on smoothly and looked creamy.

I have been using Rimmell Professional Liquid Eyeliner for donkey's years, but have noticed recently that it has been flaking - and no, I haven't been using the same bottle for all that time ;)... I think this is due to aging (I am 33).

Today, after the first use, I looked in the mirror after a few hours of wear, and it was smeared underneath my eyes, quite badly. My wings had melted!

It was not smudge-proof on me. However, the colour itself was still highly pigmented.

Overall, I am not impressed - sorry MAC. Actually, you should say sorry to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by chaoticconfiguration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. I have been wearing this eyeliner for at least two years, and have still not run out of the product (although I have a back-up just in case)! It's not as dark as Blacktrack, which makes it (in my opinion) more natural looking. The staying power of this product is fantastic, and application is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. I use a angeled brow brush to apply it, and can line my eyes in about 15 seconds. I will definitely continue using this product and recommend it everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This truly is a soft black. I perfer blacktrack for a more bold true black. I think if you are more fair skinned this is a perfect black for you. It has the wonderful fluid application that I love but soley on the color I gave it 3 lippies. Too light for my latina NW25 skin. I wouldn't buy it again because I perfer blacktrack.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my everyday work eyeliner. Its not too bold and it ties any eye look together. Have already been through 2 pots of this and I know I will go through more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is a nice softer shade of black. Perfect for everyday. I have fair NW 20 skina nd blue eyes and this is polished but not too stark. I wont purchase these liners anymore because they dont stay on me any better than normal pencils. Back to MAC liquidlast Ill go. I have hoody eyes and Mac and Bobbi gel liners tend to smudge below my eyes and sometimes up too. If you dont have this problem this might be for you. These are the easiest liners ever to use, even easier than pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by brainsandlove

love it love it !

the story behind it ? tokyo airport .. 8 hour layover ... really bored... extremely tempted at the beauty store ... the only thing i could afford with my pocket money !! there you go! that's how i came across it !
now with my indian eyes i just love wearing black kohl...but that always smudges...so my aunt suggested this trick...line the waterline with the kohl ( the brush hurts my eyes ) and with the angled brush ( from lancome) i apply this on the outside...perfect ! IT DOES NOT SMUDGE THE ENTIRE DAY!!!!
wish i had it in college with me!! i would not be walkin around with panda eyes at the end of my rotation !!!!

verdict: pretty darn close to 100% staying power and smudge- free daily wear !

edit :
it dried out before i was even three quarters through ..bummer.
if only they made smaller pots for lesser price...we would repurchase !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by vke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works well with the sephora bent eyeliner brush. The only way I would be able to use it probably. With the brush it applied much easier than I thought it would and I was able to get a good thin straight line.

The black still seems a bit flat to me but once applied it does stay on all day. I just use another color across the top of it to add a bit more color to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by bymysideee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I planned to purchase the blacktrack instead of this one, and I'm so glad the MAC counter ran out of the blacktrack that day. Even though the beautiful gold shimmers are not visible from far away when used as a liner, they definitely add a pop of color when looked closely. That being said, they make awesome color base! I've had mine for about 2 years not and I'm trying very hard to finish this. After having this for so long, I feel like some of the shimmers have melted into the black liner and now it's not as dark as it used to be. Nevertheless, I love this eyeliner and will repurchase this again and again.