October 21, 2014 | 874 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its lovely i have wanted to try it forever and bought it in killing me softly cheek palette, it looks amazing when u have more makeup on but for everyday use the shimmer is a bit too much

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MissPersephone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always assumed Nars Orgasm was over-hyped. But after reading dozen of magazines articles calling it a "cult classic" and a "must-have", I caved and bought it. I am delighted to know that I was wrong. It goes on smooth and blends naturally into the skin. The color is both bright and natural, a rare combination. All and all, a lovely blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Been using this for years. My absolute favorite, go to blush /highlighter. Although it gets boring using the same product everyday I always come back to it. This is a for sure winner, and the gloss and nail polish to match it are equally as fantastic. This is the ultimate universally flattering shade-and the very subtle golden see underneath is absolutely gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I have both this and Deep Throat, mainly because I bought Orgasm first and Deep Throat after being influenced by reviewers on Makeupalley and just about everywhere else saying it was better. I have to say that I don't find them comparable, with either being better than the other, though I also don't think it is necessary to have both. Orgasm has a much more pronounced golden shimmer, but not glitter - it is very natural and pretty. It is also much more pink, which was disappointing to me because I was after a peachy-corally kind of blush. So for those reasons, Deep Throat fit the bill better for me. Deep Throat has some shimmer, but does not have the same golden sheen Orgasm does. I like both equally, and it depends entirely on my mood which one I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great blush. I apply it with a very light hand and it stays on for the entire day. I'm a fair skinned girl so I just wanted something to help give me a natural flush.

This blush is great but would I buy again? Honestly, I don't think so. It's just too expensive to keep repurchasing and I'm sure there are much cheaper dupes out there that I could use. So after I finish this blush I will most likely be on the look out for a cheaper drugstore alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

I am on my third pan of this stuff. I first used this blush several years ago, after hearing the hype and craze. I was younger and more easily impressed back then and thought this was the bee's knees. But as I got older, I realised it is a little too shimmery/glittery for everyday use. It has fantastic pigmentation but the down side is it doesn't blend that well. It is a wonderful colour for a night out. As far as packaging goes, it is that awful, black, rubbery packaging that gets very dirty and is uncleanable. If you want to see what the hype is all about, go swatch it but I would not recommend buying this online unless you know you really want it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by olivetantrums

I got this as in the most adorable tiny little package with my NARS order(they'd messed up an order in the past so I was eligible to get one-yaay me!) and I was super excited. I like my lipsticks from NARS but the price tag somehow felt hefty for a blush and I mean who doesnt love free stuff(especially when its luxury makeup that the blogosphere has literally been orgasmic about)
I really, really like this blush. Its a pretty corally pink with golden undertones that make it look really nice. So instead of describing the product(I think others have done that enough), I'd like to address the reasons why I think people are having a problem with this blush.

-The blush is very tightly packed(just hear me out. I know-all powder blushes are but unlike some of the softer powder blushes, this one doesn't feather off quite as easily. If you've opened a blush you were carrying in your back and the powder had gently scattered all over the sides-that is what I'm talking about. That 'scattering' will not happen to your NARS orgasm)
SO that means that it doesn't go on too strong(which for me is a very very good thing)-a light application for the day and a stronger one for say the beach or a night look are easy.
I personally don't find the glitter too much, I thought it gives your face just the right amount of glow. If you're picking up too much glitter maybe the brush is on the harder side(even NARS has this one god awful brush that they give in sets that just makes me want to smack them). Alternatively, tap the brush before applying it to your face. If the glitter is so conspicuous, it should fall off I think.

If you've been having trouble with the intensity of application or streakiness or the gold shimmer, don't despair. My advice is, try it with a different brush. I use my real techniques brushes that I like to pick up in sets and they work really really well.

However, I WOULD NOT buy this again. I just don't think its worth the money and where I find my NARS lipsticks and tinted moisturisers irreplaceable, the NYX range of blushes and eyeshadows has been an absolute revelation. NYX pinched I would say is everything that the Orgasm fails to be(for the critics). And you can get like 5 or 6 for the price of one AND they're excellent quality. If you're on the darker side, maybe check out Terracotta. Its not an Orgasm dupe but its a lovely shimmery colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by scarski91

Update3 on 9th July '14:

I have just read 48!!!....yes 48 pages on sephora q&a page on this product of 'this product is the best for EVERYONE'. Gotta tell ya I have to disagree. It is in a way like saying one size fits all. It just isn't the case at all. We all don't fit into that Orgasm bandwagon surely. For example I know someone with really deep skin, ie almost Alek Wek deep. Maybe she's like half a shade lighter than Wek but still you get idea how deep her skin is, this looks ashy/ruddy on her skin. Ashy glittery garbage on her skin. Yes I accept for many it is flattering, but for everybody like it was stated on Sephora....no way!!! Xx

Update 2 on 25th June '14:

Figured out the reason this barely shows up on my skin. My natural blush is rather close to this colour, Orgasm (add in thee slightest hint of soft rose in as well). I've tried it a few times still don't gravitate towards its like I do with Gilda, Luster & Outlaw.it lacks that pizzazz or umph that I need and want. Yes I can see it being flattering on many a skin tone, from the light(est)-to the deep(est). Not for me unfortunately, I'm actually glad this wasn't my first Nars blush. This emphasizes any imperfections I have i.e porous skin. Overhyped and overrated.

Update 1: Pretty sure I've posted about this blush before, here's a quick update.

I've tried this a few times since I bought this along with Gilda & Outlaw back in April. I keep trying to force myself to like possibly even love it, but it is just not happening. Personally, I think it's over rated. When applying blush, I've noticed I don't gravitate towards this and reach for this unconsciously, like I do with Gilda, Luster or Love. On my skin this just looks like shimmer shimmer shimmer. I don't mind a bit of shimmer, but I don't like it when it appears to be the predominant feature of a blush, to the point you can't see the blush colour. Unless my feelings suddenly change I will not repurchase should I ever hit pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aewest

Though I did enjoy using this product, I probably wouldn't buy it again. While the packaging was sleek and durable, I found it was a product that was just way too expensive for what it was worth. First off, I thought it was way too shiny -- a little shimmer is nice but orgasm is almost sparkly and looked very fake on my cheeks. Along with this, the color payoff isn't great - takes a few applications for it to show up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No