July 31, 2014 | 1292 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I know there's always a lot of buzz about this blush, but I wouldn't get too excited. It's just okay. It's not super pigmented - which could be seen as a good thing because then you don't accidentally become MiMi from Drew Carey. But it definitely doesn't wow me like Lancome's "Sheer Amouros" did (***amazing).

Maybe I'm just not really into blushes (more of an eyeliner girl), as I feel my face is warm and pigmented enough on its' own. I will say that it does look really natural on your cheeks, which I guess is a good thing (you do have to use a lot to get a more noticeable look).

I only put down that I wouldnt buy this product again because I think Deep Throat might be more my style (hehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

I've wanted this for years and finally bought it and my expectations were either too high, or it's just really overrated. I mean, it's not bad, I do like it, but it's not what I expected. I guess I was thinking of some sort of miracle blush or something. I don't really use it as much as I thought I would - this is the only high end blush I own and I prefer some of my drugstore blushes that are under $10. Maybe I will try a different blush from Nars and this one just didn't work for my skin tone and such even though it's supposed to flatter everyone. Also, I really don't know but I never get spots on my cheeks, usually my chin/forehead, but when I tried using this everyday I noticed I was getting spots and irritations there. so I think it was from the blush, but I can't be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Love this! A little bit goes a long way and it has lasted for years.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a gift from someone who loves makeup as much as I do...the difference: she can afford stuff like this and I stick to my drugstore dupes for the most part (or just drugstore stuff that is pretty darn good). This is just another good counterexample to the adage, "you get what you pay for," because high-end products like this can be just as disappointing (more, if you actually spent your own money on it) as $3 ones.

So, the pros: I like the packaging. And it looks cool in the package. I've seen it look good on other people...like my friend, who has clear, non-acne-prone, non-oily, pretty much perfect porcelain skin...and on tan people in pictures on beauty blogs.

The cons: It does NOT look good on me. As others have mentioned, I can barely pull this off as a going-out/nighttime product. It comes off as a hot pink/magenta color on me (peach or coral that others described would have been perfect, but that's not how the cookie crumbled for me, at least). Glittery. Too glittery. Highlights my pores, makes me look oilier. Doesn't last. Hard to get on brush yet easy to overapply.

Icky. I'll keep it around in case I ever need dramatic clown makeup :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I LOVE this blush, but I hate the price. You get such a little amount for the price you pay. Mine cracked before I hit pan so that was a disappointment and it's not like I carry it around in my purse all day. It sits in a makeup case in my bathroom. The color is so gorgeous. I think it could go well with any skintone. It's a peachy, pink with a slight shimmer of gold so it brightens your face a little. I will definitely repurchase, but in the mean time I'm looking for a good dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing blush. It has earned the hype received. This is a pinky peach blush with a golden sheen. For ref I'm NC45 and this looks beautiful on my cheeks. A lot of ppl say that it is shimmery and the color is sheer, not the case for me. The pigment shows through on my skin with minimal effort and the golden sheen is just that, not glittery.

There are other blushes that are cited as dupes but based on my collection not even the closest blushes compare in overall quality.
-TheBalm "Hot Mama" is not very pigmented and has more of a golden sheen than the peach pigment. Better as a highlight on my skin tone.
-ELF Blush Bronzer duo has very little pigment and is more glittery. When the colour is built up, the skin looks ashy.
-Mally Beauty has a similar blush in their "Shimmer, Shape and Glow" "Love is Deeper " face palette. The blush very sheer and is a very heavy golden sheen to it. The formula is very dry too.
-Jordana "Coral Sandy Beach" is a very good dupe but it is more of a true peach as oppose to a pink based peach as "Orgasm".
-NYX "Summer Peach" is the best dupe that I have. The colour is similar but the glitter is more chunky and the staying power is not as good as "Orgasm".

IMO "Orgasm" is great on my skin because it dresses up my cheeks if I look drab. Also when I want to do a minimal look but want to look fresh, this is my go to blush. This blush really transforms my face when I put it on and the best of all, I always feel great when I wear it. It is such an original shade and formula I'm glad to have it. The price is ridiculous but I must admit that this is one of the best blushes if not the best one in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

I LOVE this blush. Yeah, it's expensive. It's NARS. We're talking quality stuff, here.

It looks natural, it's easy to blend, and I like the packaging, as well.

In the pan, it looks shimmery and dark but once applied, it looks great. Don't be fooled just by looking at it and think it will look unnatural. I am NC15 in Mac (as pale as it gets) and this blush works for me. I was hesitant at first, but after looking at the reviews on here, I bought it and I am so glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is amazing. It is such a long lasting, beautifully shimmery (subtle shimmer that is) blush. This looks amazing teamed up with the Hoola Bronzer by Benefit. Peachy Pink with golden shimmer, nice sleek packaging and virtually fool proof to apply and it had a decent sized mirror... what more could you want?!? This will last you forever, and this at least compensates for the $45 price tag. My go to blush for every season with an array of looks, whether I pair it with a vampy look or a no make-up look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by GelAA

Holy grail blush! It is a cult classic, but for a good reason. It is not too shimmery (even though it may look like it in the pan). Its just the perfect blush even if you're going for pink or peach. Beautiful on all skin tones, even to blend too. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by swc87

This blush is on the pricey side but i love it. I am a little darker complected and i use this blush when I dont want a dramatic blush color.. it gives me a good hint of color with light shimmer so I dont have to use a highlighter. this blush is popular for a reason. It would be great on all skin tones!