April 18, 2014 | 1868 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Allnamestaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Save your money. Curly heads, wash your hair 2 x a week but condition every day or every other day. "No poo" is no good. Sure it looks great, but flakes and dry scalp will follow. YOU NEED sulfates to clean the hair shaft of oil and to allow your natural shine to come through. If you do subscribe to this theory just use conditioner, same thing as this product. Total Gimmick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this stuff.. it definitly made my curls alot more moisturized. and there is something addicting on the smell. yes, i liked it. it does smell like an old woman but its intriguing. its not as bad smelling as make up for ever's liquid foundation !
i had to retire my devacurl line but one day when I have it more available to me, ill be so glad to have this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This DevaCurl product was pretty bad. Made my healthy, naturally curly 4a hair loook dry and frizzy. Very bad product and smells bad too. I can't wait to throw out the whole DevaCurl line out in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

DevaCurl No Poo smells fantastic and does a pretty good job cleansing, but I got some buildup and bumpiness around my hairline after 2 days of using it. I'm glad I only bought the trial size.

Low Poo or diluted regular shampoo is probably the best bet. I'd tried DevaCare No Poo, and it turned my recently darkened hair brassy, probably because of the citrus oils, and at least this product didn't do the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically, a light conditioner with astringent properties to clean scalp and hair without surfactants. does not foam/bubble.

if you have fine, wavy hair, this is not the product for you. Although a fan of low-poo (low sulfate shampoo), the no-poo has no surfactants whatsoever.

This causes limp, greasy hair at the crown/bangs (where you need volume), and actually caused acne all along my hairline due to the residual. I was going crazy for weeks trying to figure out where it was coming from-- after careful evaluation it turned out to be the no-poo. Again, this would happen if you use any conditioner as a shampoo.

If you have heavy, curly, thick hair that needs taming and gets dried out if you wash it every day, this is a fantastic product--it doesn't overstrip and has a great detangling power that doesn't need much conditioner afterward.

But if you have fine, wavy hair and are acne-prone, forget it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mellyrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. I use both the regular version and the one for color treated hair. For those who use a CO routine I suggest you try this as an alternative, it has the conditioning properties of a conditioner with the washing power of a shampoo minus the sulfates. Lovely ingredients, lovely texture and smell, and leaves hair...well..i guess i'd have to say lovely :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by piscesrising

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear my ultra-curly, ultra-thick and ultra-dry hair in a short (chin-length) cut, and I have it cut and colored (auburn) every six weeks.

DevaRed Sacred Love No-Poo (plus DevaRed Sacred Love One Condition) keeps my hair soft, frizz-free and manageable. BIG BONUS: As the "DevaRed" name indicates, it helps preserve the color -- a big deal, 'cause any shade of red fades quickly on color-treated hair! I wash and condition my hair twice a week, and keep my bangs in line with MOP's (modern organic products) Defining Cream.

After all the bad hair days of my life -- wearing it bra-strap length (I looked like Alice, the woman with "pyramid hair" in "Dilbert"), wearing it one-quarter-inch short, wearing it straightened (it sat on my head like a pile of hay), wearing it in a shag (I do NOT miss the '70s) -- I can't believe I've found a haircut and a hair routine that work!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mlerosey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very.very .curly hair..and I had tried to chemically relax it myself..It was horrible it looked like I had a haystack on my head. I went to a salon in Seattle and just wanted a trim and the hairtsylist used this shampoo and conditioner on me, I actually walked out with less of a haystack look to my hair, of course I bought it and have been using it ever since. You do have to get used to no bubbles, but it has worked wonders on my hair, it has been about a year and my hair has never looked better even the curl is soft and I hardly have any frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ignyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product line has completely changed how I feel about my fine curly hair. My once love/hate relationship is now all love. I use Low-Poo, One Condition, An-Gell and Be-Leave In and my hair is frizz free, not sticky and in perfectly formed curls all day long. The key is NO towel drying or blow drying your hair. After wash/condition use your hands to squeeze out excess water. Flip your head over and put a quarter sized dollop (more if hair is very long) through your hair. Wring it out again, squeezing additional excess water out with an old t-shirt or paper towels, add another dollop of An-Gell (and smaller amount of Be-Leave In if hair is dry) and let it dry. Once dry, lightly separate curls using your fingers. The less you touch your hair, the better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently fell in love with the entire DevaCurl line. I bought a set that included one of everything including No Poo Shampoo. It is very moisturizing without being heavy on my hair. And my hair gets really clean and soft. My curls have been looking so much better thanks to DevaCurl. No Poo is now my HG shampoo. I will repuchase as long as they make it.