November 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is OK for me, but Low Poo is way better due to my very oily scalp. I find that the Low Poo has a little more cleaning power that I need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MyOwnBeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in the travel pack at Ulta when I started to venture into Curly Girl Method. I can't figure out how to use it as it always leaves my hair greasy at long intervals, short intervals, medium...always! At first I was scared to wash with just water or condish so I used this everyday and that was not a good idea: major greasies! So I clarified and started all over again and tried it just once a week and I'm still not impressed. For $20 I need to be impressed. Do like the Condish, though. I do have to say I have fine curly hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thick curly hair and the DevaCurl line rescued it starting about three years ago, and I have basically never looked back. Of all the Deva products I use, NoPoo is the one I probably like/use the least. When I first started on Deva, my hair was so unbelievably parched and dehydrated that I was able to use NoPoo, One Condition, B'Leave In, Set it Free and AnGell every single day and not get any buildup whatsoever. My hair just drank it all up. I did that for a year or so and then as my hair started to recover, I found that I just don't need the NoPoo much. At this point I usually don't buy it -- I just use the One Condition and I even have to be careful with the Set It Free because together these can leave my hair feeling a little tacky to the touch.

I also don't love the scent of the NoPoo. They call it Turkish Rose. To me it smells like menthol mixed with a heavy floral perfume. Not the best.

Also, I have a complaint about the packaging for both NoPoo and One Condition. You HAVE to buy the pump (which is not always easy to find and only comes in the larger size) because the hole in the squeeze-top on the smaller bottle ALWAYS clogs up. The hole is just too small for such a thick product that turns into a solid when it dries.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 1Green

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutley the worst shampoo i have ever used. Would've given it a negative rating if possible. Here are the reasons I hate this horrible stuff 1) It makes my hair look awful. I have fine curly hair and it looked so bad after I used it and dried with a diffuser. It actually made my hair look dirty 2) Impossible to get out of the bottle 3) Smells horrible...kinda roseish...blech 4) travel size bottle was $7.99 which is insane.

The only good thing to come out of this was that Beautyfirst allowed me to exchange this truely awful stuff for a bottle of Catwalk Curls Rock which I am very pleased to report really does rock!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I received a sample of this shampoo. I didn't like the lack of lather, but my hair felt moisturized after I used it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Allnamestaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Save your money. Curly heads, wash your hair 2 x a week but condition every day or every other day. "No poo" is no good. Sure it looks great, but flakes and dry scalp will follow. YOU NEED sulfates to clean the hair shaft of oil and to allow your natural shine to come through. If you do subscribe to this theory just use conditioner, same thing as this product. Total Gimmick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this stuff.. it definitly made my curls alot more moisturized. and there is something addicting on the smell. yes, i liked it. it does smell like an old woman but its intriguing. its not as bad smelling as make up for ever's liquid foundation !
i had to retire my devacurl line but one day when I have it more available to me, ill be so glad to have this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This DevaCurl product was pretty bad. Made my healthy, naturally curly 4a hair loook dry and frizzy. Very bad product and smells bad too. I can't wait to throw out the whole DevaCurl line out in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

DevaCurl No Poo smells fantastic and does a pretty good job cleansing, but I got some buildup and bumpiness around my hairline after 2 days of using it. I'm glad I only bought the trial size.

Low Poo or diluted regular shampoo is probably the best bet. I'd tried DevaCare No Poo, and it turned my recently darkened hair brassy, probably because of the citrus oils, and at least this product didn't do the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically, a light conditioner with astringent properties to clean scalp and hair without surfactants. does not foam/bubble.

if you have fine, wavy hair, this is not the product for you. Although a fan of low-poo (low sulfate shampoo), the no-poo has no surfactants whatsoever.

This causes limp, greasy hair at the crown/bangs (where you need volume), and actually caused acne all along my hairline due to the residual. I was going crazy for weeks trying to figure out where it was coming from-- after careful evaluation it turned out to be the no-poo. Again, this would happen if you use any conditioner as a shampoo.

If you have heavy, curly, thick hair that needs taming and gets dried out if you wash it every day, this is a fantastic product--it doesn't overstrip and has a great detangling power that doesn't need much conditioner afterward.

But if you have fine, wavy hair and are acne-prone, forget it.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No