DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I started using this shampoo about a month and a half ago and so far I really like it. I have shoulder-length, 3B boticelli curls that tend to get dry but since I began using Devacurl my hair has been so much softer and healthier. It does not add curl definition by itself (no shampoo does!) but my hair does look a little less frizzy, probably because it isn't so dry. It has built up a little in the past week so I just used a clarifying shampoo today. Will definitely repurchase.

Edit:
Used it for a little while longer and it started to build up on my scalp even though it has no silicones, glycerine, etc, and the conditioner I was using didn't have any either. I ended up having to use clarifying shampoo more often which is not good! Dropped it down to a 3.

I bought the Deva travel kit, which came with NoPoo, One Condition, AnGEL, and Set It Free.
First off, I love this line. Now, I've only used it 3 times, so if I change my mind I'll re-write my review.
My hair has never looked better. It's curlier, feels healthier and shinier, and looks less frizzy. The first day I used this, I went to work, and literally everyone I worked with commented on my hair, saying how nice and curly it looked.
The NoPoo makes my hair feel really soft in the shower after I use it. I have to use a little more than I would with a "normal" shampoo, but I think it's worth it. My scalp feels clean afterward and I don't have to worry about my ends being dry.
This stuff is definitely pricey, but I think I can deal with it. I'm going to buy the largest bottle from Amazon, and it's going to cost $29.95, which is about $8 less than in stores, and it has free shipping.
So, give DevaCurl a try if you have dry, curly hair. It really worked for me.

This is a lovely product. The Turkish rose/mint combo is light, clean, and very refreshing. I used this following the Curly Girl Method and my hair was soft, light, shiny, and smooth. I have fine, wavy hair that frizzes in humidity. This left it looking simply gorgeous. It also stays clean the same length of time as it does when using regular shampoo/conditioner. I just wish it was a little less pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Even though this shampoo doesn't have great reviews on here I decided to give it a try. I was using Wen by CD but wasn't thrilled with the results. I did like the concept of no sulfates and a no lather shampoo didn't bother me. I have my license so this shampoo is not very expensive when buying through the distributor. Anyway, I bought the travel kit just to try it out. My hair has never been this curly before! I was so shocked and thrilled with the results. If you are on the fence give it a try, products work differently for everyone.

I have extremely coarse, thick, curly hair and the whole DevaCurl line works amazing for me! The sulfate-free NoPoo has left my hair a lot less frizzy, much softer. I thought no lather would be weird but it's actually been great. I've tried every curly hair product from cheap stuff from Target to Redken, Catwalk, etc, and this is the best stuff I've found! I suggest trying the travel pack if you're interested in trying it out, since it is pretty spendy!

By far the BEST products I've found and I've tried them all from $ to $$$$$$

This shampoo was just blah. It didn't do anything special for my hair. I did not get moisture, softness, and shine and those are the three most important things a shampoo should do. I did get good slip, but I felt as though my hair and scalp were not clean after using it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I did not like this as much as I would have liked. It does clean my scalp well which is what it was designed to do, but leaves the rest of my hair feeling greasy and heavy. Luckily my hair didn't look horrible. I just think it is better suited for those with drier hair or for the winter season when my curls get a bit thirsty. Would not buy again. update 5/13/15 Well I have had a total change of heart. The No Poo is better than the Low Poo for me this time around. My hair feels hydrated and soft with loads of shine. The key for me is to make sure my hair is fully saturated with water and separated into sections before working this stuff in. I get a better clean. Great for days when I don't feel like shampooing or when I head to the gym.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is OK for me, but Low Poo is way better due to my very oily scalp. I find that the Low Poo has a little more cleaning power that I need.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this in the travel pack at Ulta when I started to venture into Curly Girl Method. I can't figure out how to use it as it always leaves my hair greasy at long intervals, short intervals, medium...always! At first I was scared to wash with just water or condish so I used this everyday and that was not a good idea: major greasies! So I clarified and started all over again and tried it just once a week and I'm still not impressed. For $20 I need to be impressed. Do like the Condish, though. I do have to say I have fine curly hair.

Popular Hair Products