TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 11/15/2013 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm not going to rate this product on it's heat protecting qualities cause I honestly have no idea how it's even logical that a spray could protect your hair from 400 degree temperatures (if someone knows how/ if these things legitimately work, message me!). Anyways, this product leaves my hair really soft and shiny which I like but about halfway through the bottle, the nozzle got really clogged. I bought another bottle and the same thing happened. Until Tresemme sorts this out I won't repurchase.

on 11/2/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This product is just OK for me. I use this when I switch off from Melting Gel by Studio Line a few times a month. Only this helps my roots to stay straighter by flat ironing when I'm over due for a relaxer. Not as great a hold, over all, as the Melting Gel, but it is gentler for my hair and doesn't bother my scalp like Melting Gel does sometimes.

One this I do notice is that I need to condition my hair very very well otherwise gels, mousse, liquids, leave in conditioners etc doesn't work right. My hair can be a punk sometimes!!!

on 11/2/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This heat spray does not protect or make my hair feel shiny. When i spray it on it instantly makes my hair feel brittle and greasy. I don't actually know if this is protecting my hair.

on 11/1/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My first experience with this brand and it was not a good one. Used this one time on my already straight hair to protect it from the flat iron that I use to "polish" my look and give some curl to the ends. My hair became totally limp and straw like and my ends would not "take" to the flat-iron, they wouldn't curl under, nor completely straighten out. It was like my hair was immune to the heat of the flat-iron, but not in a good "it's protected way" but in a "there's no chance in hell my hair is going to cooperate with any styling tool I use" way.

I really didn't like this and don't recommend at all

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Mom bought this on the weekend and I have to say I'm IN LOVE with it! Even though you have to wait a little until it dries after applying, it really does it's job when it comes to protecting hair from heat. Leaves hair surprisingly soft and shiny, not crunchy and broken like many other brands (like Got2B's). It's very good for the low price tag, you should definitely check this one out! Also, it smells amazing! Like a fresh soft perfume that's not too strong. Will repurchase again for sure!

on 10/24/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a long time ago after hearing xteeener on YouTube using it. I bought mine about a few years ago and still use it. I don't use it every time before blow drying as I use another product as a leave in conditioner before blow drying. I only use this before using heated tools such as curling iron or flat iron with direct heat. First of all, I really like the smell of this. It is not too heavily scented and once it's in your hair, sometimes you can smell it when you move your head, which is something I don't mind. Using this, I don't find my hair having split ends or dry ends. If it is dry, it's because my hair was dry before, not because of the heated tools. I think this product works as I have not experienced any damage to my hair after using it. I've already bought 2 bottles of this and since I don't use it all the time, I think it works well. Would repurchase this product.

on 10/24/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I saw great reviews of this product on MUA, so I decided to try it for the days when I use my flat iron.

I really like the smell! I like the spray bottle too - it gives a wide spray so 1 spritz covers a large section of hair. My hair feels softer and shiny after I use it. Before I purchased this, I didn't use anything on my hair before using the flat iron. I like my hair better since I bought this product because it has fewer fuzzy hairs sticking up too.

This is a great product for the price.

on 10/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This heat spray makes my hair so brittle, I don't enjoy it. I cannot tell if it is actually protecting my hair or not, because it feels so awful when I've used it. I spray a light mist into wet hair and style. The smell is good, the price is good, but I don't enjoy the way it makes my hair brittle between washes.

on 10/1/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really sure about this product. I love the smell. It says you can spray it on dry hair and thats what i do because I shower at night then style my hair in the morning. The thing is when I spray this on dry hair it leaves my hair wet and when i run my straightener through it it feels like its damaging it =/ idk if im just using too much or what. So idk might just be me lol

on 9/24/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried several heat sprays and this is the one that seems to be the best. I LOVE the way it sprays out. It is the perfect, seamless spray. I use this on my girls' hair before curling and it seems to make it smoother. I really like this. I took a lippie off because if you put too much on fine hair -- it weighs it down -- so just be light-handed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials