December 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw great reviews of this product on MUA, so I decided to try it for the days when I use my flat iron.

I really like the smell! I like the spray bottle too - it gives a wide spray so 1 spritz covers a large section of hair. My hair feels softer and shiny after I use it. Before I purchased this, I didn't use anything on my hair before using the flat iron. I like my hair better since I bought this product because it has fewer fuzzy hairs sticking up too.

This is a great product for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This heat spray makes my hair so brittle, I don't enjoy it. I cannot tell if it is actually protecting my hair or not, because it feels so awful when I've used it. I spray a light mist into wet hair and style. The smell is good, the price is good, but I don't enjoy the way it makes my hair brittle between washes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not really sure about this product. I love the smell. It says you can spray it on dry hair and thats what i do because I shower at night then style my hair in the morning. The thing is when I spray this on dry hair it leaves my hair wet and when i run my straightener through it it feels like its damaging it =/ idk if im just using too much or what. So idk might just be me lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried several heat sprays and this is the one that seems to be the best. I LOVE the way it sprays out. It is the perfect, seamless spray. I use this on my girls' hair before curling and it seems to make it smoother. I really like this. I took a lippie off because if you put too much on fine hair -- it weighs it down -- so just be light-handed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for at least five years, and keep expecting to find one I like better, but so far, this is actually the best! I have very thick, wavy hair, and always layer a whole bunch of products just to reduce the volume and frizz. Sometimes I use a different "cocktail" of products, but my hair always looks so much more tamed when I start with this heat protectant. I spray it on when my hair is damp, out of the shower, then I add the other styling products. It seems to not only protect my hair, but aids in styling and control as well. Love it and have repurchased several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Etiolated

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this once to try it out and liked it, but wasn't sure how effective it actually was because I'd never tried another heat protectant before. After I ran out, I bought the Toni&Guy heat protection mist - half the product for double the price of the tresemme. I found that it just didn't do the job, and so bought another bottle of tresemme after about five uses. I haven't had any experiences of crunchy or textured feeling hair at all, but that might be because I only ever spray it onto damp, towel dried hair and give it a good brush through. I've noticed it leaves a nice subtle shine, increases the wear time of flat ironed hair and also aids in getting out any slight tangles. Well priced, effective product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

After I finally finished my bottle of Garnier's terrible, awful heat protectant, I decided to pick up a bottle of this because of the all the hype. The package is really great. It isn't what I'd call pretty, but it looks simple and professional. The best thing about the package is how effective it is. The spray is really nice and wide, and the nozzle is really easy to operate and doesn't hurt your finger (unlike Garnier's). It has a locking mechanism instead of a cap, which is kind of necessary considering the design of the nozzle. Caps are better for travel, but it's a worthwhile sacrifice considering how good the nozzle is otherwise. I don't like the smell very much. It's like a "fresh" detergent. It lingers, too. I much prefer sweet scents, but I've gotten used to it. This stuff does a really good job protecting my hair from heat. It makes my hair feel nice and soft after flat ironing, as opposed to the dry, coarse feeling that Garnier or no protection would give me. I've also noticed that my hair stays straight longer, which is awesome considering how quickly my hair tends to wave up. Definitely a nice change from the alcohol-laden garbage I was using before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've found the best heat protectant spray ever in a brand that I don't care for! Oh TRESemme, you have failed me time and time again since 1992. Finally, in 2013, I have found a product worth repurchasing. Remarkable!~ ~ ~ I'm a haircare addict and I buy anything and everything that I think will make my ugly ass hair look nice. Dollar Tree to Nordstrom. I do not discriminate with haircare. For a while, I was starting to think these heat sprays were nothing but a hoax, a bottle of lies! Redken, garbage...Chi, garbage. The only reason why I decided to pick this up was because a youtuber with the same hair type as me recommended it. I need heat tools to smooth my hair out which is very coarse and frizzy and this spray really does make a difference in the texture and feel of my hair. Just be sure to read the instructions on how far to hold the bottle when spraying hair. Make sure you hold the bottle far enough so it doesn't saturate the hair and wait a few minutes until it dries before applying heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lindsay91

I've been using this heat protectant since my high school days - so for about 6 years now. It really does work, but the main reason I haven't strayed from it is the smell! It's the best-smelling hair product I own & sometimes I'll just spray a little of this in my hair simply to refresh the scent! I'm curious to try the keratin & platinum strength versions, but if they don't smell the same, I doubt I'll love them as much.

A good tip to see if your heat protectant truly works: Spray onto the back of your hand and blow with your blow dryer for a few seconds. If the spot where you sprayed stays cool while the rest of your hand gets warm, it works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love many of Tresseme's products. I tried this as an alternative to the Tresseme Keratin Smooth Spray which is also a heat protectant that I like a lot. This product i think leaves my hair a little stiffer than the Keratin Smooth, it feels more like a setting spray than a simple heat protectant. Not a bad I idea of I want to do curls, but for flat ironing straight I prefer more bounce. But still a good product for inexpensive heat protection.