August 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love many of Tresseme's products. I tried this as an alternative to the Tresseme Keratin Smooth Spray which is also a heat protectant that I like a lot. This product i think leaves my hair a little stiffer than the Keratin Smooth, it feels more like a setting spray than a simple heat protectant. Not a bad I idea of I want to do curls, but for flat ironing straight I prefer more bounce. But still a good product for inexpensive heat protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a good product, and Tresemme actually did something right this time. Nothing left to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Actually I can't compare this product considering this is my first heat protect hair product that I used. I always straighten my hair using hair-straightner after I washed my hair, always!! Once I forgot to used this before I straight my hair, rrrr my hair wont straight easily, felt a lil bit frizzy and so took time. Then I realized that tressemme has been did a good job to my hair so far. Can't live without it <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For years and years I've been curling and straightening my hair without using any kind of heat protectant. Bad, I know. But whatever. I always hear Youtube gurus say it ruins you hair to use heat styling tools and not use a protectant so I decided to try this one since it was pretty cheap, I think less than $5, at Target and had good reviews her on MUA. So the product itself smells good, the bottle and sprayer is really nice and dispenses a nice mist that sprays lightly over a large area of hair and it doesn't seem to leave any residue on my hair or make it sticky or crunchy or anything. So that's all good. But since I don't have any experience with other heat protectors, I don't really know if it this works all that well. I guess I would maybe repurchase again if I ran out... or maybe I would decide to come back to MUA and search around for another cheap, easily accessible heat protector spray. For now it works, I like it and I'll finish my bottle but I may or may not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gave this product a good run and actually purchased a number of bottles believing it was doing what it should be doing. The thing is, that I've been "out" for a while and I just don't miss it. My hair doesn't feel better or worse - and I actually think this spray only made my hair appear limp and flat - as in lacking volume. Perhaps I don't have the right hair type, I heard it works better on hair that's already fairly straight/kink free and my hair's semi-wavy and a little difficult to manage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by StarPower28

This is probably the most reasonable priced thermal spray I've seen out there, it's just too bad how with all the hype and rave from other reviewers, this unfortunately did not work out for me.

I tried to like this product, used it about 5x and I get nothing but a sticky finish on my hair, around my neck, and it just gets even worse when it rains.

Fragrance-wise, I love it. It smells so fresh, and it still smells good after a few hours. The bottle it comes in is pretty decent in size, the price is good (under $5). First time I used it was when I was curling my hair with my nume magic wand, (titanium curling wand) and I noticed that my hair was crunchy and felt like I had sprayed on a bottle of hair spray. My hair felt really dry with it even after using a hair mask from Biolage prior to that.

I tried it again using my CHI flat iron when I went for a super straight look. My hair felt heavy, hair is frizzy and sticky. After a few hours or so, my hair is no longer soft, but crunchy and dry. I first decided to blame it on how badly damaged my hair is to begin with, however, I decided to buy the Nexxus Pro Mend after using this 5x. Did not work for me at all, sadly. I am definitely going to stick with Nexxus Pro Mend for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really affordable and great product! Does exactly what it's supposed to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this, the scent is amazing! I'm not sure if it made my hair look any better after straightening, but it definitely felt nicer. I don't straighten very frequently so I can't compare how it works to other heat tamers. It's incredibly easy to spray and the mist is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst hair product I've ever come across. No matter when I spray, it always makes my hair sticky and then crunchy. No matter how much or how little I spray. Worst thing about it is that if I end up in some rain, my hair turns into one sticky birdsnest..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

I don't if it really does anything to protect my hair, but it does make it smoother than when I don't use anything. I think the formula has changed ever since I first bought this years ago, for the worst. Compared to another heat protectant spray I used garnier fructis) this is MUCH better. I think garnier fructis heat protection spray will do you far more damage than good, please stay away from that spray!!

I usually spray this in damp hair and wait till my hair is COMPLETELY dry and then I straighten my hair. Smooth but it tend to take the volume away from my hair and make it flat