October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm totally in love with my cream shapers! I now have 3 of them! But this color has got to be my favorite. It is the most beautiful brown I have ever seen in eye pencils. It goes with everything and is so much better for everyday use than black. Black is to harsh on me sometimes.
I love the texture of them. They are soooo smooth, they glide on like a dream and my eye lids don't get irritated!
I want all colors!!!
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I just received this product. It is a very nice shade. I wanted to try brown eyeliner for a while, but the medium toned shades I bought were disappointing. This is a nice deep chocolate brown with a hint of shimmer. It looks natural with my blue eyes and pale skin. The whole cream shaper line has excellent staying power. I can't imagine this wouldn't work for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Thanks a million MUA'ers for all the positive reviews that led me to try/buy this!!! Pencils are such a simple, unexciting item and yet it's hard to find the right consistency and colour - this one really excels at both. I couldn't be happier to have discovered it. This is a soft, really wearable brown with a subtle shimmer - although I don't really see the shimmer once it's on. It applies smooth as silk but then somehow sets and doesn't budge, even though I smudge it with a brush to soften the line. I've been through eyeliner pencils from so many brands, many twice the price of this one and hands down this is my absolute favorite! *Update - after going through 2 of these I'm downgrading it 1 lippie - still love the colour and staying power but I just can't get the fine line I prefer, even with constant sharpening [I notice I use this pencil up quicker than most for that reason.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pencil eye liner. The texture is smooth and soft yet this eyeliner doesn't smudge at all. I use this to line the inner rims and it works well every time. I also have this in Egyptian but this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite go-to brown liner! The Creamshapers are some of my favorite Clinique products - excellent quality, wear, ease of application. I also own the Brown Sugar pencil, great for a more natural/less impact look & great with blue eyes. Chocolate Lustre is a beautiful rich brown with a touch of shimmer, not at all flat or harsh (like the Dark Chocolate Quickliner was on me). My e/s stash is mostly warm neutrals (bronze, brown, gold, taupe, warm pink) & this liner goes so well with all of it. Looks great on its own too when I'm in a hurry. It provides the perfect dark definition without being too strong or overwhleming. The pencil applies smoothly without tugging & lasts well throughout the day. Definite HG material & I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

Finally, a brown eyeliner that doesn't scream "blah." I've tried tons of browns - cool, warm, taupe, whatever - and never found one that I liked. I really like the quality of my Egyptian Cream Shaper (no tugging, easy to blend, long lasting), so I bought this based on postive MUA reviews. This too is a winner! Love the gold flecks to give it a bit of pizzazz. I've been wearing this with my new Desert Sun Colour Surge eyeshadow and love the look. Although it kills me to pay $17.50 CAD for a mere eyeliner, I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner. I have dark brown eyes and have a hefty supply of black, black-brown, and brown liners in my stash. IMO they are rather boring. I bought this eyeliner after reading the reviews on MUA. Thank you! It is a beautiful shade with just a little extra shimmer for oomph. I love it much more that MAC's Teddy shade. Yet, what makes this liner special is its ease of application. It's perfect if you're in a hurry. Plus, it's creamy enough to glide on without tugging and allows smudging for a wonderful, natural smoldering look. Then, it dries and wears nicely all day. I also bought this in Egyptian, but like Chocolate Lustre better. My coloring is NC-27-30, BB 2.5 warm sand, Clinique Ivory (n), and Stila "e".

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Yuufa

I've always hated eyeliners because I'm not very handy with those things but suddenly ... Clinique changed my mind ;p
I bought the icy-white Cream shaper first and it was very easy to apply. I have a few other colors now and maybe this Cream shaper is just my HG ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful eye pencil in a rich dark brown shade with tiny metallic flecks of bronze. It manages to combine the qualities of kohl (long-wearing) with the ease of application that gel liners have. It doesn't tug or drag at the lid (a problem I have had with many pencil formulations in the past), the colour is intense and very flattering with my dark brown eyes and fair complexion, and it lasts without creasing or smudging. Also--big plus for me--it doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes. Best eyeliner I have used. I also own this in the Starry Plum shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

This is a creamy,smooth pencil with a hint of shimmer.Glides on super easy and intense.long wearing and water resistant formula.I have this in Black Diamond,Chocolate Lustre and Egyptian and are perfect all of them.Chocolate Lustre is a rich chocolate brown colour perfect for beige,brown,taupe eye shadows.All Cream Shaper pencils last for ever in my eyes without feeling dry but its very easy to remove them too.The best thing about those eye liners by clinique Its the so soft,reach intense colour formula that looks like a very soft kohl pencil but lasts long.Maybe the best liners in the market.Also I use this as a regular eye liner to my lash line and in my waterline too with no problems