January 29, 2015 | 1018 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by saeromie

I love how light and watery this product is. It is really deceiving because you think it wont work because the formula is so thin, but it does and it does it well. My only worry is about how long I can use it for before the formula runs out. Yves Saint Laurent TE gives you double the amount that Givenchy's ML does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My shade is mister toast and this is my favorite concealer with using touch ecat as a highlighter and love the combination and i jsut love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an absolutely incredible product. In my opinion, it is far superior to Touche Eclat. For a start, there are more colour options (six shades) - I use number 5, Mister Biscuit, which is a light/medium yellow-based colour. It's too light to use as a concealer for blemishes, but it's perfect for my under eye shadows, and on the lines from my nose to my mouth which have started to appear. I have pretty severe dark circles, so I use this over Bobbi Brown's Corrector in Medium to Dark Bisque, and the two together cover them up fantastically. For most people, I'm sure that just using Mister Light would be enough, as the coverage is very impressive for such a thin formula. I also use it in on the inner corners of my eyes, and it makes them look much more awake. It does contain tiny glittery light-reflecting flecks though - they are tiny, but they are there, so make sure you're ok with that before you buy it. My only gripe is the price (I don't like to use it everyday because as it's so expensive), and how little you receive - 1.6ml for about 21. With Touche Eclat you get 2.5ml for about 24, and with Clinique's Airbrush Concealer, you get 1.5ml for 15. However, you don't need to use much Mister Light at a time at all (unlike Touche Eclat, which I had to pile on to get any kind of effect, and in the end, it didn't work for me), and I would recommend this over the other two, especially if you have yellow-toned skin. This is a really great product which doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mazikeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DESCRIPTION: Givenchy liquid click-pen concealer, marketed to be comparable to YSL Touche Eclat. However, whereas TE is more of a highlighter geared towards the cooler side of the spectrum, ML is more of an actual concealer with good yellow-based shades. I'm generally not a fan of the click-pen, but the mechanism on ML is decent, and it doesn't gush out like more poorly-constructed click-pen applicators. It is light, smooth and does not make my very sensitive skin break out.

COLOR: It's generally difficult for me to find a shade that is yellow enough for my liking. I use Mister Toast, which is the yellowest, and it blends well with my golden NARS Fiji/Ceylon skin. I was impressed by how well it blended both during the summer and the winter.I use it for undereyes, blemishes and redness around my nose.

TEXTURE: Excellent. Light and smooth, but surprisingly good coverage and excellent wear. I do wear a primer on occasion, so that might help, but I've checked it at the 12 hour mark and it was still holding strong. A brief pass with a damp paper towel really freshened it up to looking nearly as good as new.

OVERALL: Holy Grail. My make-up tastes are simple--no-hassle, superlative quality, fits with my lifestyle (16-hour days, conservative workplace, wash-and-wear, price-conscious). I pay for value, but it needs to meet my (picky) standards. At $32, and in a down economy, I realize it's a little out of reach for many women. However, you don't need very much and I had mine last me almost three months.

FYR I have light, sensitive NC-20ish Asian skin, more on the yellow than the peachy end of the spectrum. I have small pores, no fine lines, and normal skin that scars and marks easily. Black hair, the equivalent of black eyes, pigmented lips.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by WaterLily87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first concealer i used which actually worked! i was amazed at the result -silky texture and blends into the the skin without becoming cakey, lasts ALL day (compared to laura mercier or loreal concealers), and brightens scars and blemishes as well as dark circles. Perfect! The only downsides to this product are:
1) Too expensive and doesn't last long
2) If you apply it to a small area and then take a photo it will actually look like white pigment over a small area of the face so it looks really odd -i didn't actually notice this until i had some photos taken once and it was a little disppointing. So if you apply more than just one click (or more than one layer to achieve desired coverage) then try to blend it onto your whole face (a little will do fine just to even out the light distribution).
P.S. the colour i used was Mr toast (#3)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin and I know it is said that yellow hides blue, and yes my undereyes circles are blue-ish, and the sides of my nose are red, but this Givenchy concealer, in its lightest shade that looks actually pink worked best for me. I haven't noticed any highlighting quality, as in it doesn't look matte but you can not use as a highlighter, for my pale skin using this concealer makes all the difference and it is THE ONLY concealer that allows me to skip foundation when I don't feel like putting it on.
Because I loved it so much, but the price is so high considering it gets finished very quickly (like all flash-pen concealers) I looked up similar products at a lower price. I have found that L'Oreal has the similar pink but blendable concealer as Givenchy, however L'Oreal's flash-pen does not have the same concealing and staying power as Givenchy's.
I also tried a product from Boots, same shade as Givenchy's but definitely not concealing anything.
Now that I need a new concealer I am considering buying Givenchy's Mister Light again, simply because it's the best one I've used and worked for me, and it doesn't crease, doesn't make skin texture visible like some solid correctors out there do, doesn't disappear after 1 hour like most "magic pens" do, and also, I must admit I have noticed some hydration and treatment qualities in it, as in my undereye circles were visibly less "hysterical" and quick to appear while I was using "Mister Light".
"Mister Light" indeed, I think I'm thinking of getting married to it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing concealer. It works best under the eye and anywhere else on the face that needs a bit of brightness. It reminds me of Touche Eclat bc it has a similar lightweight and the texture doesnt settle into lines but Mister Light has a lot more coverage than Touche Eclat and a better shade selection. It conceals dark circles very well. This is my favorite Givenchy products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mdburcuyilmaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A bit pricy but you can even cover up your nose with this:).And it have really really small sparkles if you look carefully,really highlights the under eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For the record, I suffer from a very mild case of dark undereye circles(depending on how much sleep I've gotten). I wanted an undereye concealer for the days when my foundation just won't cut it.

I looked into YSL Touche Eclat as everyone seems to praise it but for some reason the SA recommend Givenchy's Mister Light. Praising it for its duo ability as highlighter and concealer, so I thought why not?

I tried it out for two days however I just couldn't stand it. It had no coverage whatsoever, it seemed more like a highlighter than concealer which I must admit is a bit misleading being as it is primarily labeled as a concealer.

It's definitely a highlighter and by that I mean furthermore highlights the dark circles! The formula, as I said had no coverage, seeped right through lines and just left it looking shimmery gray.

If you're looking for a highlighter, give this a go but if you're primarily looking for a concealer-I suggest looking in another direction!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried five different concealers for my under eye circles and this was the best. All the others i tried seemed to stick in all the cracks and draw attention to my faults rather than hide them. This one had a nice amount of coverage without looking overdone. So impressed. This is super expensive in Oz but i will 100% buy again due to te results.