September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i first bought it, I loved it and thought it would be a staple luxury. It smelled like rich almonds, and the oil quality felt silky on my skin. th scent did not linger long and I did not feel dry and itchy. It was not very moisturizing, but I didn't care. However, that was the first two months. It was downhill from there. It started to go rancid and two things happened: 1) the lathering quality went down significantly - I had to use more to work up a sizeable lather; and 2) it developed a sharp pungent smell - in fact, someone said I smelled like flint. I think this is a testament to it's natural ingredients.
If you plan on buying it, use it up quickly. Don't let it sit in your shower and go bad.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body wash makes showering a luxurious experience. You don't need moisturizer after this, it leaves skin fresh and supple. And... the SMELL! It smells plain gorgeous almonds.
It's quite pricey so I only repurchase every now and then, but I think it's the best product out there from L'Occitane!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this shower oil! It smells fantastic and creates a rich lather on your skin. Makes me enjoy my shower time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mautan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why do some people keep disdaining the product?
It absolutely is the best shower oil ever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent oil to use for shaving. Much better than the commercial shaving gels. I never get cut anymore and my legs are softer. I don't like the smell though. Too strong for the rest of the body but just for shaving I put up with it because it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

everything lovely that has been said about this is so true. there is something very magical and luxurious about this transformative oil-into-lather. you know it's good if macho-contracter boyfriend will use it and gladly smell like a tunisian queen for an hour or so! i never waste this on shower puffs or loofahs- it is really a sensuous experience to rub it in with your hands. the smell is amazing and unique, and it leaves my skin feeling loovvvely. sometimes i will use this AFTER a different body cleanser just to experience it more often. i definitely always want a bottle around.
however, i will caution you: the top of the bottle is some sort of aluminium or metal i think-- i dropped it in the shower one day and part of it bent so i cannot close the cap. oh well; an excuse to buy another bottle to travel with!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by rysher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those extravagant beauty products that you don't really NEED but feel like a princess using! I purchased this based on Kristen from beautyaddict.blogspot.com- she raves about it! If you love warm, spicy smells, you will love L'Occitane's Amande line. This smells heavenly and leaves my skin SO soft. The half-oil, half-shower-gel thing is genius! It squeezes out of the container (which is plastic but so elegant and looks gorgeous in my shower) as a gel but can be worked into a light lather. I love this as a shower gel applied with my hands. I also sometimes use it under my shaving cream on my legs to make them extra silky! I am interested in trying more from L'Occitane's Amande line, as the shower oil is so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

WARNING! THIS STUFF IS ADDICTING! I love how it feels on my skin! I use this stuff EVERYDAY! And my boyfriend can tell u how soft my skin is thanks to L'Occitane's almond line! It's the best stuff ever! Only problem is that it's a little pricey $22 for a tiny 8.4 fl oz bottle, but I think with these results it's DEF worth the price! If you are looking to get a great deal on these I believe QVC and Nordstroms(during their semi annual sales) have really good prices on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by cathped

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few shower washes that doesnt make my skin flake. It smells very nice, and the consistency is silky. Unfortunately it is very expensive....But I do like that L'Occitane uses organic plant extracts in their products. I think the cheapest you get this in a webstore is GBP 15.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best products I've ever found, period.
I will continue to buy this for years to come... HG!!