April 18, 2014 | 1926 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

i really like this powder. i actually wasn't a fan of pressed powder before this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMyLife14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this Powder on Thursday. I was so excited to try this out. I bought it for 8.99, which was pretty expensive for a drugstore powder (and considering the fact that I'm 15). When I got home, I put the powder on with the Elf Complexion Brush. I was in a rush so I brushed it on and left the house. I looked in the mirror before and saw that the finish was nice, the color seemed to match, the shine control was pretty good. The next day, Friday, I had to go to a formal event. I applied the Powder along with the rest of my face makeup, including my Revlon Colorstay Foundation, and OMG! My face looked so dark! I got the powder in C7 Nut Brown, which in the package, it looked like the perfect match. However, it oxidized so much that it was ridiculous! I was late so I couldn't fix my makeup. Later in the day, I saw that the powder matched my body skin color but my face is lighter so it didn't look right. That is why I gave this product 3 Lips. I would get a lighter powder but I am currently working with what I got, using it with my sister's powder (which is much lighter). So, I just want to warn all you ladies out there that this Powder oxidizes into 2 shades darker than your skin tone (well, at least for me).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder does not show up as it looks, nor does it show it up as it shows up. I got it in the second lightest shade ivory something and it was way too dark & very orangey looking. Terrible. As far as application same opinion, it was very cakey on the skin. It made my pores stand out dramatically. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a cool redhead buying any foundation or really any makeup has always been a challenge. The best matches are from companies that make shades for us cool people. I had some time to kill and was playing with the matching system in the drugstore. Got a good match and decided to "splurge" and try the powder. Wow! was I ever glad I did. One of the best matches for my skin tone ever. It goes on lightly, not too thick which is fine with me. Helps even out my skin tone and blots out the shine. Compact is small enough to pop into a tiny purse to go. Will certainly buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessie3443

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite powder ever! It has a good amount of pigment, so it's good for everyday, and doesn't accentuate my flaky skin. The price is also pretty good. This makes me totally matte, but I do have dry skin so that might have something to do with it...the only problem with it is that I find myself reapplying a few times throughout the day, but I live in a very hot climate, so I sweat it off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have never been a huge fan of foundations. I always looked washed out with them and I never knew why. Call me stupid but I finally realized why, I was getting foundations with the base for warm. I tried this in cool and wow. There's a definite difference now. It looks natural and it matches perfectly. There is no cakey feeling or dry feeling to this foundation either, so I am impressed. It is a powder, so keep that in mind when trying it out, some people feel powders look dried out on the face. Overall a good product for the $7 it costs! I feel its similar to the other foundation I like a lot, Pur Minerals.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by linzerophe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in W1 Porcelain. I was excited because I have very pale skin and this looked like a good match for me--hard to find. The powder is okay quality, very buildable but as you put more on it can get a little cakey. The color did match me pretty well. The packaging is quite sturdy, although the included sponge feels kind of cheap.

The reason I would not purchase again is it smells BAD. I don't know if I purchased an expired product or what, but it smells kind of like rotten eggs. I used it for a couple of days hoping I would get used to the smell, but all day I catch whiffs of it and it's just gross. I'll give this away to one of my pale friends who doesn't mind the smell as much as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by deanabailey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought several of these powders and LOVE them. For a drugstore product, it goes on smooth and velvety with no cakiness or laying on top of your skin. The puff that comes with it is like a sponge and applies evenly. I apply this over my foundation, I do have to reapply throughout the day ( I do live in humid weather too). I will definitely repurchase this for the price and flawless application it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I particularly love this line because of the variety of shades it comes in. I have a hard time finding products with warm undertones and this is a perfect match for me!
The product is soft, pigmented and easy to work with. Not sure if I would ever use the sponge it comes with; I apply it with a powder brush to set in my concealer and even out my skin.
I think this works great! It hasn't broken me out, it looks natural, it matches my skin and provides me with some very light, natural coverage. I imagine if I wore foundation underneath, this would be a major bonus.
I def. think I will be buying this again just because it has been so dependable. Even if I do stray and try some other products, I can see this remaining as a staple in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product, but nothing exceptional. I don't really wear powder much anymore, but this was my go-to in high school. It has a wide range of shades, which is nice. I'm so pale that sometimes it's hard for me to find a good match but that was no problem in this line. The powder is finely milled and soft, which I also like. The packaging is needlessly bulky with a separate compartment for the sponge and every time I bought it (which was several times, I was young and dumb) it cracked. I agree with reviewer who said it stuck to her dry spots. Not bad for the drugstore, but there are better compact powders to be had.