September 3, 2014 | 1294 users online

Powder - Prestige - MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this foundation. I like that you can control the coverage. I find I get enough coverage when used dry, surprisingly. When used wet I get extra coverage where I need it. I love oil-absorbing foundations, and this one feels so lightweight. Light cocoa is a nice match when applied, but turns darker shortly after. Not orange, just darker. a warning, this foundation did tend to accentuate flakes I didn't know I had.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Gina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using MAC Studio Fix for years and years, I decided to give this a shot after reading such great reviews. Two years later, I'm still 100% devoted to this product. I use "Wheat" which is a very good match for my NC20 complexion. I am 36 years old, and I have combo skin with an oily t-zone. This foundation lasts about 8 hours for me (with one touch-up needed in the middle of the day to my t-zone), and when it wears off, it leaves a nice, dewy finish to your skin (unlike Studio Fix, with made my skin look icky and spotty as it wore off). Also, I highly suggest throwing out the useless applicator and replacing it with an EOB sponge (the kind they sell in a two-pack for $2). Also, Rite-Aid and CVS often run BOGO free or 1/2 off sales on Prestige, which makes it even better! Either way, this is a fantastic product that's half the price of Studio Fix and, IMO, works better than Studio Fix in terms of providing GREAT coverage yet leaving your skin looking natural. Studio Fix always looked so heavy on me, but Prestige somehow never looks heavy. If you are a powder foundation girl, you really need to give it a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

This stuff has great coverage and opacity. The more you layer on, the more opaque and deep the color is. I'm an NC35-40 and I bought one in Wheat (too light) and one in Natural Beige (almost perfect). It's very comparable to MAC Studiofix, but lacks the variety in shades that MAC offers. I'd recommend using some base before applying the foundation. Next time, I'll try Soft Spice and see if that suits me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lycanthropy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder foundation is fantastic, it has great staying power and wonderful coverage.... you just have to make sure you get the right shade though. I like this better than most of the high end powder foundations I own and that says a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

This is the only foundation I have purchased more than once and I'll keep buying as long as Prestige keep making it. Being a fair English girlie I use Wheat which is a perfect colour match (for reference, I used to use B.E. 1.2 Light or Fairly Light, can't remember which one it was). I use it dry - a few quick swipes with the fluffy side of the puff included- and it gives a medium coverage (wet on spong/foundation brush gives more sheer cover). After 5 mins the powdery look becomes a dewy, soft, good-skin look which I love. I use a lip brush to press it (wet or dry) onto any spots or red areas and it stays all day! I have quite an oily T-zone and I only need a midday touch up (which doesn't cake by the way) when it's really hot (i.e virtually never!) or if I'm having a hectic day. There is the risk you'll break a nail trying to open the damn thing, but despite that it's my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like their eye shadows so, I give their foundation a try. I’m always looking for something to make my skin look perfect but I think this one did the opposite of what I was looking for. The actual powder was hard & dry yet coverage was not strong enough and it made my skin really oil and gray. I was really hoping to like this powder …

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Gabi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product - it has medium to strong coverage and can be applied in seconds, literally. On the weekends, I quickly dash this on, add lipstick & blush. Looking good & good to go in seconds? Priceless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Ok so I have a Love/Hate relationship with this powder- I keep changing my review because its so confusing but in a good way :).......I used this for a few months but I didn't like how it gave my skin a gray color so I stopped using it. and then never saw it in London Drugs again so I thought it was discontinued. Then a few months later I was a little low on cash and couldn't pick up my Clinique Super Powder so I was looking in London Drugs and saw this powder again, turns out that they were simply renovating the Prestige wall and had to remove a few products. So I decided to give it another try....this time I apply Maybelline Mineral foundation, the Prestige powder and then I apply some L'oreal Mineral powder over the prestige powder and then apply the Prestige over the blended L'oreal- and all this mixing gives this a beautiful coverage and for once in my life this makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day! no gross pores or Oily skin :) I only touched up my nose once before I thought it would become oily and my skin never did get a bit of oil........for now I'm sticking with this and I hope it lasts because I Love the price, for $9.99 its a steal and better then $24.99 for Clinique.....
EDIT- Nope, its beginning not to work again....I've read a few reviews mentioning that there is talc in this powder, Maybe thats the reason why it looks gray after a few hours? also it after I apply this on my forehead its bunches up in my T-zone and forms these ugly gray/shimmering patches. UGH....why did Cover Girl Discontinue their powder foundations? I though this was my HG as well as many others......Time to find a new powder again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by madsyd

I've used practially every foundation out there. I really like the ease of a powder foundation and in the past have regularly used MAC Studio Fix and a couple of brands of mineral foundations, but haven't been pleased the last year or so because now they end up making me look older (I'm in my mid-40s). I've most recently been using Cover Girl Advanced Radiance compact foundation and like it, but it takes me too long to apply and I've really wanted to find a powder foundation that doesn't make me look older. I've bought MANY different brands over the last couple of months without satisfaction. I stumbled across Prestige at Walgreen's and didn't realize they made a foundation so I came back home, read the great reviews here, and thought I'd give it a try. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! Even though the price is a bit high for drugstore ($9.99), I'll still purchase it again. Better to spend $9.99 on a foundation I like than $100s on ones I don't that just end up sitting in the drawer (I should probably consider swapping!). The packaging is a little cheap, but the product itself is what's important to me. What impressed me most is how long this foundation lasts and the smooth even coverage it gives -- not too heavy, not too light. I apply it with my Smashbox Kabuki brush over my Sally Hansen spray primer and it looks flawless! LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by desden

I really like this powder foundation. I've tried other brands (Estee Lauder Doublewear for instance) but I keep coming back to this one. It gives excellent coverage and makes my skin look perfect. And as for the price, well it costs one third of the price of the Estee Launder one and does just as good a job in my opinion. Have repurchased many times.