September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawk612

I use this a couple of times a month. When I first got it I was using it once a week. Leaving it on for 10 minutes or so. Now I just use it in the shower, putting it on first rinsing it out last. I flat iron my hair everyday, so I need some deep conditioning. My hair is half way down my back, so there is a lot to dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by BabyLu8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is such a wonderful treatment i have ever used. My hair are silk now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by tdejong

After using Redken, Kerastase, KMS etc etc etc, this hair treatment seems like a godsend. It is the first treatment that has literally made my hair feel like silk. Use it with the Puressence shampoo and the Damage Remedy conditioner and i guarantee that you will love the shine, volume and silkiness of your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does stop my hair from breaking and seems to add moisture at the same time, however I seem to get better results from the nexxus emergencee treatment for breakage. I think this is very pricey and I not sure if I will continue to purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by koen0126

I love this product! Whenever anyone asks what's my secret, this is it!! I have long(to my lower back!) hair and it keeps my hair lush and beautiful. I use to work for Aveda so in addition to having the discount on product, I got discount on services so my hair was FRIED! Anyways, I use half a golf ball amount and coat my hair like conditioner but leave for 5-10minutes,and once or twice a month. It is totally worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by samepunchline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got curly hair that I've straightened every other day for a few years, not to mention countless color changes. Between the heat and the processing, my hair was absolutely fried. I visited a cousin and noticed she had the shiniest, healthiest looking hair I'd ever seen, and she named this product as her secret. I was desperate to try it but argued with myself for months whether the gamble was worth the price. Finally I gave in and I can't describe how pleased I am with the result. After my first use, my hair was significantly softer, shinier, and stronger. Nearly everyone I ran into that day noticed, and after every weekly use it's just gotten better.( In case I should mention it, I like to coat my hair with it, cover with a shower cap or plastic bag, and use the blow dryer on it for fifteen minutes or so. It definitely does the trick.) The smell isn't great, and the price is a bit hard to swallow, but I've wasted more money than I'd dare to calculate on conditioners that didn't compare and when it comes down to it, this product is just worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG . Each time i try to save money by trying out different products hoping to find a less expensive substitute (like right now) i am wasting money ..I miss it , very good product that doesn't weigh my several times died into blonde hair.Moisturizes and tangles beautifully ..'Like silk '.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Still my favorite protein treatment ever, but in terms of an amazing difference Masquintense is my new favorite (I used it again this morning and my hair's even softer than before, just keeps getting better).

My old stylist used to do an in-salon treatment of this with me because I bleached my entire head from dark mousy brown to level 9 blonde with a tint. He would put it under the heat and everything (the heat DEFINITELY makes a difference, I even like it as a leave-in/styling potion, it gives great softness but also makes my hair look fuller like all protein treatments, which I really don't feel I need because my hair is mammoth anyways. When I was going for big hair and backcombing and a party I would combine this and pureolody super straight to have a HUGE mass of gorgous looking thick hair).

It definitely improved the health of my poor ravaged hair and I followed various Aveda salons around town because of it while I searched for my dream stylist (still looking for him/her, I live in Calgary, Alberta, any recs?). Really spreads well throughout the hair, smells great and there's a difference after the first time.

Nothing beat Masquintense anymore though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ahu

I have ( should say I had, maybe..) exteremely damaged ,chemically treated and aged (long) ,medium thick hair . I insist being on blonde although i have quite hark hair naturally , and i have found out thats just what happens when you do that , plus want to keep it long ..So i sacrificied from the length a little and decided to purchase the whole set from ebay ,because it was starting to get to my nerves having to buy loads of inexpensive hair treatments and watch them just add up without doing anything to my hair ..I think it was like $ 140 for the huge sizes of whole set ..I have been using these for about 3,5 months now , and shampoo and condition almost daily , and use the treatment once/ twice a week ..Looks like they are gonna go for another few weeks .I think this is the best treatment i used over the years , i love the scent ..but its quite there so make sure you smell it beforehand , i will say . Leaves my hair SO soft ,it was impossible for me to comb through after shower without a leave-in conditioner before i started using this line, now i got rid of that finally. I definitely have less split-ends (had a cut at the time of starting to use the products too) if any ..I also find that it brings out the blonde color . One obvious complaint is the price tag ..so i will definitely repurchase the treatment , but for the shampoo and the conditioner, i will keep looking for a better deal somewhere , maybe..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by deenie1499

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its super expensive but it works so well. My hair felt so good after I used this I started using it as my conditioner. I do only shampoo maybe once or twice a week so this is fine. Its a really good deep conditioner. If only it werent so expensive!