October 25, 2014 | 1553 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

I do like this stuff but it can be hit and miss for me- i have to leave it on for a longish time but the results can be great! love the smell - makes my hair feel great- only lasts till next wash so not sure if this actually does anything to your hair in the long run, tad expensive for me atm as a student but i like the idea of aveda with them being natural etc - ultimatley great price, consistency, smell, ethic just pricey and dont get loads because i love to slather this on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Too bad this doesn't work on my hair! It makes it greasy, frizzy and straw-like. I have fairly low-maintenence hair- thick, straight, not too damaged and responds well to treatments. For some reason, my hair feels so much worse after using this. My regular Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner works so much better. Waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawk612

I use this a couple of times a month. When I first got it I was using it once a week. Leaving it on for 10 minutes or so. Now I just use it in the shower, putting it on first rinsing it out last. I flat iron my hair everyday, so I need some deep conditioning. My hair is half way down my back, so there is a lot to dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by BabyLu8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is such a wonderful treatment i have ever used. My hair are silk now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by tdejong

After using Redken, Kerastase, KMS etc etc etc, this hair treatment seems like a godsend. It is the first treatment that has literally made my hair feel like silk. Use it with the Puressence shampoo and the Damage Remedy conditioner and i guarantee that you will love the shine, volume and silkiness of your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does stop my hair from breaking and seems to add moisture at the same time, however I seem to get better results from the nexxus emergencee treatment for breakage. I think this is very pricey and I not sure if I will continue to purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by koen0126

I love this product! Whenever anyone asks what's my secret, this is it!! I have long(to my lower back!) hair and it keeps my hair lush and beautiful. I use to work for Aveda so in addition to having the discount on product, I got discount on services so my hair was FRIED! Anyways, I use half a golf ball amount and coat my hair like conditioner but leave for 5-10minutes,and once or twice a month. It is totally worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by samepunchline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got curly hair that I've straightened every other day for a few years, not to mention countless color changes. Between the heat and the processing, my hair was absolutely fried. I visited a cousin and noticed she had the shiniest, healthiest looking hair I'd ever seen, and she named this product as her secret. I was desperate to try it but argued with myself for months whether the gamble was worth the price. Finally I gave in and I can't describe how pleased I am with the result. After my first use, my hair was significantly softer, shinier, and stronger. Nearly everyone I ran into that day noticed, and after every weekly use it's just gotten better.( In case I should mention it, I like to coat my hair with it, cover with a shower cap or plastic bag, and use the blow dryer on it for fifteen minutes or so. It definitely does the trick.) The smell isn't great, and the price is a bit hard to swallow, but I've wasted more money than I'd dare to calculate on conditioners that didn't compare and when it comes down to it, this product is just worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG . Each time i try to save money by trying out different products hoping to find a less expensive substitute (like right now) i am wasting money ..I miss it , very good product that doesn't weigh my several times died into blonde hair.Moisturizes and tangles beautifully ..'Like silk '.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Still my favorite protein treatment ever, but in terms of an amazing difference Masquintense is my new favorite (I used it again this morning and my hair's even softer than before, just keeps getting better).

My old stylist used to do an in-salon treatment of this with me because I bleached my entire head from dark mousy brown to level 9 blonde with a tint. He would put it under the heat and everything (the heat DEFINITELY makes a difference, I even like it as a leave-in/styling potion, it gives great softness but also makes my hair look fuller like all protein treatments, which I really don't feel I need because my hair is mammoth anyways. When I was going for big hair and backcombing and a party I would combine this and pureolody super straight to have a HUGE mass of gorgous looking thick hair).

It definitely improved the health of my poor ravaged hair and I followed various Aveda salons around town because of it while I searched for my dream stylist (still looking for him/her, I live in Calgary, Alberta, any recs?). Really spreads well throughout the hair, smells great and there's a difference after the first time.

Nothing beat Masquintense anymore though.