April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Energy Cocktail pampering drops

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kaaejukes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first Lumene purchase and I LOVE it. I have very dry skin and use two pumps underneath my moisturizer. Others have mentioned the scent, but it hasn't bothered my extremely fair, very sensitive skin. It is natural scent of cloudberries (yum...just thinking of them!LOL), not citrus. I have spent $100 on a department store "serum" that didn't have the luminous, hydrating effect of this! Probably not for oily skin (wouldn't know...skin is very dry), or for people who are allergic/sensitive to cloudberries.

It reminds me of "Bye-Lines" by Arden, which I can't find anywhere anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Hunnybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a delight to use AND watch! :D The mixture of oil and gel-like fluid gives just the right amount of moisture and nurture for my dry and flaky skin. I don't usually need to follow with a moisturizer, except in the coldest winter climate. I wouldn't, however, recommend this for normal or oilier skin types. The only con is that the consistency tends to run between the fingers before you manage to spread it onto your face... plus that the container leaks just below the pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of only two drugstore facial moisturizers that I will buy -- the other being Lumene's Premium Beauty Eye Cream -- because I believe it is as high-quality as the organic moisturizers I love. It contains sea buckthorn, cloudberry, cranberry, squalane, and avocado, which means my skin is fed tons of omega fatty acids. These drops are very thick and moist, which means I don't need much to cover my whole face and neck. It's like a nourishing drink for my skin. I can definitely see great results after a couple of weeks: My skin is so hydrated, firm, smooth, and radiant. The only thing I would change is the packaging -- I would put the pump in a plastic bottle rather than glass. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by lanvin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very nice lightweight moisturizer. I alternate using this with Lumene's retinol night treatment (I actually prefer RoC's retinol night treatment but that is another story!). Also, I like to tap a little around the eye area when I need a little extra moisture and it is also fantastic on the lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I got this to complement the cream since my skin was dried out & irritated from overdoing other treatments. This is an oil/liquid combination that separates in the bottle (very colorful red & yellow) - you shake it up & it becomes an emulsion. It seems to moisturize well on its own & it's surprisingly not oily or greasy. When used under the cream, the effect of the active ingredients seems to intensify, resulting in wonderfully soft, smooth skin. My only grip is the pump bottle (I know they're supposedly more sanitary but I have yet to come across one that works properly!) - if you're not careful it tends to shoot out the stuff, so be sure to pump it right into the plam of your hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by marlatenenbaum

I really like this moisturizer. It is a transluscent and oil-based and comes in a pump bottle. I love the packaging. The smell is strong citrus, but smells nice, and I do not have sensitive skin so I don't mind. I do recall it feeling slightly tingly the first couple nights I used it, but no redness at all. It makes my skin really glow! I always look in the mirror after I put it on because my skin looks so plump and young and fresh- even my lips! It makes my face feel lovely, especially good after exfoliating. I prefer to use it at night, because I get oily during the day. When wake up my skin feels nice and taken care of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 5:38:00 AM More reviews by caramelhunie

I admit that this product seems kinda weird. It's oil in a bottle that you have to shake well before each use but it feels so good! You only need 1 pump to cover your whole face. It moisturizes pretty good when used alone but I only use this at night and follow up with my night cream (by Dove). It's a little too rich for day use especially if you're gonna follow up with your daytime spf moisturizer. This stuff cures dry skin in an instant! My skin was dry and flaking from using a very harsh BP cream and this helped bring my face back to normal by the next morning. I do have combination/acne prone skin and this hasn't caused any breakouts.
UPDATE: Still like this product though now I use my night cream alone at night. But this is my emergency rescue product for when my skin decides to go crazy and get dry. All it takes is one night of use and my skin is normal again. I will always have a bottle on hand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You shake up this oily stuff and then dispense strongly scented drops on your skin. Smells strongly of citrus and stung around my eyes. It did not absorb well and was very greasy. Did very little to improve my skin. Not suitable for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful. It is one of the only things that has helped my dry, tight skin. It is light enough to wear under your regular moisturizer and emollient enough to work alone. Not for those with oily skin, but if you have very dry skin and have a hard time finding an effective product give this a shot.
This claims to "provide softer and more vital skin in an instant" and it does. It also claims to fight against free radicals, be rich in omega fatty acids and antioxidant vitamins. All I know is, it is a one-of-a-kind skin saver!