TiGi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo

2.8

Aqua (Water) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Polyquaternium-10, Coco-Glucoside, Glycol Stearate, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Limonene, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 15985 (Yellow 6)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this shampoo. I have oily roots, dry ends, color treated (bleached) long hair type. It has a wonderful orange fruity scent that semi lingers. Its not drying at all to me, in fact it doesnt lather a lot like a lot of shampoos that strip hair of color & moisture. My hair has volume, and feels hydrated after using this. Doesnt strip my lowlights, doesnt make my hair frizzy, doesnt leave a residue... I couldnt be happier. You can get this in huge liters bottles from tjmaxx or marshalls and also always on sale at ulta and other salons. I really like all of the tigi products I have tried, and this one is no different. I will repurchase in the liter size & highly recommend. Comes in a nice pump bottle as well. update 1/23/14 still one of my all time favorite moisturizing shampoos! Love the smell, buy it!!!

on 4/18/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I would probably buy this stuff again because it smells great! It doesn't do anything over the top. But it smells so good that the person 3 people behind you in line can smell it if you move your hair at ALL! Its pricey and not really worth it.

on 4/17/2008 5:03:00 PM

I used this for a few years just because I loved the smell of this line and the conditioner is decent, but the shampoo is nothing special so it's not worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is a disappointment. Smells ok, provides no moisture at all, and is an over-priced drugstore shampoo in salon clothing. Waste of money.

I agree with the others, this product should not be called Moisture Maniac. Although it is better than the Bed Head Control Freak shampoo, it still sucks. I'm not necessarily out a loss, because I got a huge liter bottle of shampoo/conditioner w/ free after party for only $9. If you're looking for moisture I suggest trying something from Matrix, their shampoos are the best!

on 12/15/2007 8:45:00 PM

I can't believe this is what they pair with Moisture Maniac conditioner! First of all, I noticed that the second ingredient is SLS. Forgive me, off the top of my head I can't remember if it's Lauryl or Laureth, but you get the idea.
This stuff was like washing my hair with detergent. My hair felt fuzzy and dry afterwards. It may make a good clarifier, but if that is the case I will stick with the VO5 Tea Therapy clarifier which works better and is 10x cheaper.
This was not good for my fine, straight hair.

I was reading the reviews on this product, and wanted to let everyone know that contrary to the name, this shampoo does NOT add moisture to your hair.
Quite the opposite actually - it's the TiGi shampoo that has the highest level of detergents in it.
I have no idea why they named it Moisture Maniac, but it's certainly anything but.

on 11/5/2007 10:56:00 AM

I don't think this shampoo moisterizes enough on my medium fine and color treated hair. I switched to Paul Mitchell Color Care Shampoo.

on 10/24/2007 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE the smell of this shampoo, but contrary to the name, I did not find it moisturizing enough for my naturally curly, color treated hair. I think this would be better for folks whose hair tends to be more toward the normal side of the spectrum.

on 8/24/2007 12:57:00 AM

I get this and all TiGi products in liter sizes. I LOVE the pump. Best. Thing. Ever.

Now the actual shampoo; the smell is great, the lather is amazing, but the after effects are the greatest. I mean, it's a shampoo, but it's not worth all the money. I can get the same kind of results from generic stuff at a quarter of the cost.

I'm going to use the liter up, and then I'm trying something else, like the S-Factor line or something like that.