Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 6/18/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh. I got this as a sample size tube just to try out, as I am always on the hunt for a newer and more fabulous mascara (who isn't?). The brush was fine; I didn't find it difficult to work with, and it didn't stab me in the eyeball (I have issues with silicone brushes, so I prefer the traditional style brush), two things I appreciated right off the bat. The color is a very deeply saturated black, again, something I appreciate. Wimpy black mascaras are not my personal preference; I like my mascara to pack a punch. This mascara certainly delivers in that department. The formula is also lovely, in that it doesn't clump and is very very smooth and easy to add multiple coats if needed.

Now for the downsides. I don't have what I would call giant "Bambi" lashes, but my lashes most certainly aren't sparse, either. They do need some help in the volume arena, though, and I always look for a mascara that is more volumizing than lengthening, if I have to choose between the two. This mascara did a nice job of making my lashes look longer, but didn't do a whole lot (nothing, in truth) in the volume department. My lashes were black and unclumped, but sorely lacking in the volume I craved. Also, even with my beloved Lancome primer underneath, which usually makes ANY mascara bullet proof, I found that this mascara had the tendency to smear slightly. In my book, that's an automatic "you're outta here" for mascara. I am a busy mom of 2 very active boys, and a nurse....I sweat sometimes, okay? I can't have mascara that can't hold up to my lifestyle. The day I wore this mascara to work, one of the doctors told me I looked unusually tired. It was because my mascara had started to smudge and give me little raccoon eyes! It was only noon, 5 hours into a 12 hour shift. FAIL.

Overall, it's a nice formula, and it's a nice color, but it doesn't do a whole lot for my lashes as far as enhancement goes, other than making them blacker. I'm glad I got a sample first, because I would be sorely disappointed if I had spent the money for a full size tube of this. Obviously it's working out for some other people here, but it definitely did not work out for me.

on 6/4/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara separates very nicely but does not curl. I have tried different mascaras and this one is not one I would buy. For the same price I recommend Chanel or Armani.

on 6/2/2013 2:20:00 PM

I got this as a deluxe sample from sephora. I don't like it by itself, because it makes my eyelashes look clumped. It do, however, like it very much over Clinique's high impact mascara. The two together give me amazing lashes!

on 5/27/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my HG mascara makes my very short lashes lengthened and volumised. When I wear it people often comment and ask which mascara I'm wearing.

I agree with other reviews that this dries out quickly, but for me just as it starts to dry out is when I get the best results... & when it starts to clump suddenly the mascara takes on a new lease of life.

I've been using this for over 15 years and have tried many other brands of mascara from drugstore to high end and for me nothing has beaten it yet <3

My only complaint at £23.50 for a mascara its expensive, but as I always have one of these in my makeup bag. The results I get justify the price.

on 5/16/2013 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was fANTAsTiC the first time I bought it, but the second time it wasn't as great. The mascara works better as it gets older and starts to dry out but it may also have to do with how I apply mascara. Use with a light hand or for best results, remove the excess mascara.

on 5/12/2013 4:32:00 PM

I've used this product for years and still really love it. It gives really good volume and length and the colour is really intense.

There are two bad things I can say about it:
1) I find after a few hours of wear it can flake a little so I always carry cotton buds/Q tips on me
2) It dries out really quickly! Normally within 5 weeks and as its an expensive mascara this is really annoying.

Overall I would still buy it just because the results you get at first are exceptional. I always get nice comments on my lashes!

on 5/11/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

What a gorgeous, gorgeous mascara packaging, for starters. I actually don't mind the smell and with just one coat, I can see so much difference! I don't curl my lash as I have curly ( but thin ) lashes and this mascara gives me the perfect volume for everyday use. It also has aloe vera in it so moisturizes my lashes too!

Plus point: I got a free YSL pouch with this mascara too and it retails around $50 plus here in Singapore.

on 4/17/2013 2:40:00 PM

I bought this at the airport duty free when I was flying to Australia. I used it during the hot and humid weather in Gold Coast and never found it smudges, even when I worn it at the beach or swimming pool. It gives amazing length and thickness to my lashes with no clumps. I only give it 3 lipsticks because I don't feel it worth the price. It dried out quickly and soon became clumping. I had to throw it away after only using it for 3 months. Also I've never liked the golden packaging on YSL, although they look beautiful and super luxury, it's too easy to get figure prints all over it so I had to wipe it each time after use, and that's the reason I've given up on repurchasing most of their products. I will not repurchase this, honestly it's really not that much different to a good drugstore mascara.

on 4/10/2013 3:00:00 PM

Love this and have repurchased many times. Does dry out a bit quick but is my favourite mascara - have tried many!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this mascara. I usually use Jordana's Best Lash Extreme, but as I have to have this sent over to me (I am in the UK where it is not sold) I thought I would try another brand, just to see how it compares. Jordana blows this out of the water. The YSL mascara is expensive, dry, doesn't hold a curl, doesn't offer volume or length and flakes within an hour of putting it on (no good especially as a contact lens wearer). It is almost gone by the end of the day. So annoyed when this mascara costs almost 20. Even using my HG primer (Shi lash base) doesn't help. I guess, with all things, YMMV - even with mascara.