April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover smooth foundation

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by aurora2615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me, this foundation smells very much like cloves. I don't know, maybe that's what eucalyptus oil smells like. Anyway, I think Wet n' Wild reversed the names of it's "Ultimate" foundations because, to me, this doesn't cover a thing, while the "Ultimate Sheer" tinted moisturizer is more like a light to medium coverage foundation. I hated this foundation, honestly, because it smelled so strongly, covered nothing, and left me with a super matte finish. It doesn't even have any SPF, if I remember correctly. I think I'm going to return it and get my 2.99 back. Ultimate Sheer is way better. I use it every single day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes13

I really like this product. I bought the lightest shade and expected it wouldn't work for me but it did and I plan on buying it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Mudbugs4500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pleasantly surprised with this foundation. Never in a million years would I have even thought about buying a 2.99 foundation, but after being very happy with some Wet n Wild eyeshadow I bought, I figured, "what the heck -- what's 2.99 to just give it a try". I expected it to be orange, streaky, cake-y and in the trash the next day. But, I actually like it better than any other foundation I have! It's a little difficult to get out of the bottle, as others have said, but it goes on nice, and has great coverage. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by suede425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Decided to try Ulitmate Cover just because I'm a foundation junky. It was buy one get one at K-mart, dirt cheap $2.99. I've tried a lot of new foundation lately and I can't find one I like. I'm trying to find a new HG since my HG was discontinued (Shine Control Mattifying Makeup by Revlon)Even other Revlon products don't compare. I've even bought out my color on the hard to find products stores online. Anyway, I like this foundation. Yes, it smells like Noxzema, but goes away quickly. I like that smell anyway. It actually helps me breath. The only problem I find, as in some reviews, it does settle into pores and fine lines after a short while. I've over come that problem by making sure my face is well moisturzied with a light facial moisturizer and then mixing a little of the same moisturizer with the foundation before putting it on. Don't use to much foundation, as they say less is more, you can always build by adding more. Works beautiful. The color I chose is Honee. It does darken up a bit from the heat of your skin, so don't go too dark. I usually buy two different colors to mix. The packaging is good, at least it doesn't leak all over like some. Just use a little muscle. I would purchase again. Only thing there's NO SPF and it is consider to be a skin lightening product so I'd use caution in the sun, or choose a different product for days. Make sure you shake well, it hard to shake but it does mix. For the price and the outcome it's worth a try. I hope this helps some of you.
Extra note: Ingredients are all good for the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EH. It's an OK foundation. It's on the thick side, and the color is pretty opaque. But the plus is that it's dirt cheap.

However I can't stand the smell. To me it smells like a mixture of honeyew melon rind and that old Nair's lotion that removes hair. Not very pleasant.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Blech...admittedly I'm mostly a TM girl, but I saw this and thought I'd give it a try. Thank God it only cost 3 bucks or I'd be really PO'd at myself. Goes on looking perfect...texture is good, not too heavy, color Honey was only the tinyest bit too light for my GGG/MMM skin and I fixed that with Dr. H's bronzer. Definitely smells like Noxema, but I like that smell so it didn't bother me and it goes away quickly. But within 30 minutes, this had sunk into every pore I've got and some I didn't know I have...like on my forehead which NEVER shows!! And thats even with my PL eraser primer! Within an hour it was so bad I washed my face and threw this in the trash. I imagine this would work well for poreless, drier skin but if you have pores even slightly larger than microscopic passpasspass...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by blondexambition

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin can't breath. I'll stick with oil-free foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Chena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am asian so I have extremely warm undertones. I just bought this in honee, because as much as I love neutrogena's foundation, $12 for a bottle of drugstore foundation is a bit much. I heard good reviews about this, and figured if it didn't fare well as a foundation I could use it to make it into a tinted moisturizer for my body.
Well, it's actually quite good. Apparently the smell is eucalyptus oil, which is supposed to tighten the skin to make the makeup and skin seem smoother. I could feel a tightening effect, but I don't know how effective it actually was visually. It felt rather nice though, and the scent faded quite quickly. This has a nice smooth medium coverage, and enough for most people probably. I still needed concealer for some of my darker acne scars though. Overall, I think it's definitely worth trying!
Oh, and the bottle has an annoying plastic thing to keep too much from coming out. I removed it and now it comes out A LOT easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by taiwan_beauty

So pleased with this! The coverage is good. Concealer isn't necessary--which is really a big deal for me to say, because I have frequent blemishes. The blending is natural. They aren't lying when they say SMOOTH. The color (I bought honee) is PERFECT. I have fairly hard to match Asian skin and have been using the more pricey Loreal's True Match to match it. I don't have to anymore, because this color is great. The overall look is GREAT. The only two things I have to say against it (and these aren't too big of deals) are... the smell is kind of funky (kind of like melon???) and the bottle is hard to get product out of. Just keep shaking. ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I have wanted to try this foundation for a while because I was intrigued by an "Ultimate Cover" foundation with names like Naked and Bare. I imagined flawless skin with that naked texture quality still visible. I found this for $1.42 at a Big Lots drugstore close-out, so I bought Bare and Naked. Bare is a lighter, pinker color than Naked, which is a bit darker and more yellow. I thought I might have to mix them, but naked is a good match for my almost NC20, but a bit more neutral, skin. The foundation is thick but goes on as a resonable layer and dries to a powdery finish. I used a foundation brush, but suggest really blending this in or it will be thicker in some areas. It is surprisingly natural looking, though matte, once blended. I use a lot of greasy sunblock under my foundation. On dry skin, this might be difficult to smooth on. After a few minutes the foundation seems to sink in and really does look natural, not chalky or mask-like. It wears well and actually seemed to look better as the natural oils of my combo skin combined with it. My skin looked smooth in natuiral light, always a challenge. I blended it on the back of my hand and it made an amazing undetectable improvement in the texture and eveness. My hands are red, irritated and sun damaged, so I imagine this would be good on a face with similar problems.

There is a weird smell like banana-gone-wrong (probably from the clove oil), but it didn't bother me after application. My skin was not irritated by this foundation even though I'm recovering from a bad reaction to something else. My skin has been itchy and red but healing; it continued to recover with no problem from this product. I would think clove oil would be irritating but apparently not at the concentration present in this foundation.
I agree with the other reviewers that the bottle is really made to keep the foundation inside. Shake well.