Moschino Cheap and Chic I Love Love

TOP: Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Red Currant
HEART: Bulrush, Cinnamon Leaves, Lily-of-the-Valley, Tea Rose
BASE: Cedar, Musk, Tanaka Wood

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

What a surprise. I did not know this frag was so popular and with these high ratings!
And, strangely enough, i never thought I would have written a glowing review for a Moschino fragrance.
Here in Italy the brand has lot 90% of its appeal after the deathe of its founder, Mr Moschino, and a part the very first perfume creation in the early 80's (huge success, mastered by the owner himself), all the further creations, flankers, you name it, were poorly arranged and very commercial.
All the above to say that I was never very attracted by Moschino fragrances.
Until I was given a sample of I Love Love. I kept it in my beach bag and never really cared.
This summer I used up this sample, to get some freshness when sunbathing (i know you should not apply perfume under the sun but I sometimes don't care!). Well, I was very very pleased.
It's a fresh, super fresh fragrance, I love citruses and grapefruit and this one is all about them. it's fruity in the citrus sense, not sicky-sweet fruity as the modern concoctions...
The flowers in the middle are of the freshest type. Lily of the valley (I adore) and a light rose.
The drydown is cedar based - still very fresh - and lingers a reasonable amount of time.
I really liked it and reached for it more and more in the summer. I think I'm getting a full bottle of this stuff for next summer!
______
notes:
top notes: orange, lemon, grapefruit, and red currant. Middle notes: rush, lilly of the valley, tea rose, and cinnamon leaves.
Base notes: tanaka wood, musk, and cedar wood.

this perfume is great, it smells really fresh, but kinda fruity at the same time. i usually go for more fresh, sporty smells, and i usually dont like fruity, but this ones great since it has a great balance between the two. one of my favorite perfumes :)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I dislike Light Blue but I really like this- Light Blue is sharp lemon juice on my skin while this is just that tad sweeter, fruitier and softer. I can't wear it during the day to work though so I save it for weekends, theres a colleague who wears light blue (very liberally) and she's been wearing it before I got my Moschino so i don't want to seem like a copycat.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Actually, I do not like fruity scents and this one reminds me of Cheap and Chic of the same brand with fruity undernotes. This might be great for hot summer days, but not for me...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is truly a refreshing scent that makes you feel giddy and happy. It is very similar to Light Blue, Eclat and Anna Sui secret wish but the first notes are a bit fruitier -- for me. Much to my dismay, it doesn't last an hour on me. I have to constantly re-apply to make sure I still smell like it. I live in a tropical country and this is the perfect scent to wear. I alternate this with Anna Sui Secret Wish (my HG scent)

I dont have this- my friend does, and she wears this everyday as her signature scent. ive always wondered what it was, assuming it was light blue because it smells VERY VERY similar, and was surprised when she said this name. Its very light yet a very memorable smell, with a hint of citrus and grapefruit thats very very fresh and perfect for summer. i would consider buying it, but it smells very similar to light blue (the very sea breeze smell they both have yet I Love Love has a bit more fruitier tones in it, but nothing over whelming) in which my sister has that I tend to spray a lot on myself ;) but I would definitley give it a try!

More citrus-y than D&G Light Blue, more affordable and longer lasting. My favorite thing about this perfume, however, is it really compliments my favorite lotion - J.R. Watkins lemon cream. I'm looking forward to smelling like citrus and lemon cookies all spring and summer long =)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this perfume! It's fresh but a little sweet at the same time, very youthful and flirty!

I love this scent, it's perfect for spring and summer! Citrus and Orange, but in a soft way, energizing and not to overwhelming. I payed 15 euro, really cheap and I do feel chic! Makes me want tot try other Moschino scents, but first I'm going to enjoy this one some more!

As much as I am trying to pick up on the different notes and think through the fragrance, all I am getting is sweet lemony notes and pink grapefruit. There are some veeery slight florals in the dry down, but nothing that stands out. I adore the ad and bottle, but am completely unimpressed with the actual juice :/. While I Love Love is definitely relaxed and great for summer, you could easily find a grapefruit body splash that would be just as good.

Popular Fragrances