La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 1/10/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This lip balm is really hard in texture and is therefore very hard to scrape out of the tub. But once it's melted and applied on my lips I love it. I love the smell of the product 'minty' which is very sublte and the fact that it is not greasy/sticky at all. I use this at night and wake up to soft lips. I will not repurchase because I prefer my HG CdP Lip Contour Treatment and CD Baume de Rose.

on 11/26/2011 1:21:00 PM

Best for lips especially if you have chapped lips. Will keep using this. Have tried many others including more expensive products, this is still the best. I occasionally use this on very dry skin parts on my face during flight. Excellent product!

The packaging is not very convenient to use when you're out (not very hygienic).

on 11/20/2011 10:00:00 PM

its fin to use.. feels nice and soft but def does not CURE dry lips.. you need to use it often. Smells feels nice. It just depends on your wallet.

on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 PM

If you can afford it it's a lovely treat! I got it as a gift, however i would never pay for this myself unless i had A LOT of money! It feels nice and tingly at first and sinks in nicely, has a mint taste, but not overbearing. However it's just so expensive and for the price and what you're getting i give it 3 stars.

Mac lip conditioner costs a fraction of this and is still high end, it has vitamin a and e and a nicer taste and lasts much longer and feels much better on your lips. if you want a good lip balm with a label attached i recommend that highly. Save your money people :-)

on 11/20/2011 8:55:00 AM

I do like this lipbalm. I do suffer from extremely dry cracking lips in winter and this lipbalm feels so intense that I only have to apply it twice daily to solve my problem. In my opinion, it does a better job than eight hour cream and baume de rose, but the two things I don't like about this lipbalm are the price and the really minty smell when you first apply it. The smell reminds me of the burts bees lipbalm pepperminty smell, which is something I have a bit of an adversion towards. For the price you pay you get a pretty decent lipbalm but its not enough of a luxury feel for me.
Up-date:After using this at night, I woke-up with very scabby and unsmooth lips.....so for night I still use my Eight Hour cream and then just use this one for daytime because its less sticky and I can apply lip liner and lipstick on top more easily. My first pot lasted me 4 months.

on 11/12/2011 3:10:00 AM

I bought this because I want to get the GWP from Nordstrom, and this seemed to be the cheapest item ($45) in order to make up the $10 difference. It didn't do anything for my lips at all. It doesn't protect, heal, moisurize; the only thing it does is silently disappear, forcing my to reapply every 15 minutes. The only positive thing is that it tastes nice and minty, and not sticky. After I'm done with it I'll go back to Savex and Carmex.

on 10/27/2011 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was given this as a gift. It tastes very minty and refreshing, and I take it with me wherever I go to add a little moisture and shine on top of my lip color during the day, so I like that it's not super shiny or sticky. That being said, it's definitely not reparative, and won't heal chapped/dry lips. If that's what you're after, go for Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream or Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. I wouldn't buy again, because I think close to $100 is far to expensive for a basic lip balm.

on 10/23/2011 10:58:00 PM

This past couple of weeks I've been dealing with severely chapped lips and none of the lip balms I had were helping. I tried everything from Korres, Eve Lom, Rosebud, Burts...etc. It got to the point of unbearable pain that I decided I needed to pony up $45 for the best.

I've wondered about the La Mer lip balm for years and wondered just how good a $45 lip balm could possibly. Last night, I put all my hopes into this minty green puck and woke up with noticeably less chapped lips! I put on another coat this morning and by mid afternoon my lips were 99% better. Not having the pain to deal with is worth $45 for even one application in my opinion.

The balm is rather hard and I had to scrap a little bit with the back of my nail to get enough to rub between my two index fingers. Once the balm melted down I liberally applied to my lips. The balm is thick, but quickly absorbs so it doesn't feel greasy on the lip like the Rosebud Salve.

The packaging is elegant with a frosted glass on the bottom and a silver cap as the lid. If I were made of money, I'd have one my in my car, one at my desk and one by my bed side.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hmm. All of these rave reviews, and I just don't get it? Makes me wonder if all of these people who LOVE La Mer Lip Balm have ever tried By Terry Baume de Rose?! I'd be willing to bet not. I've been hopelessly committed to Baume de Rose despite it's slightly higher price because it has been the most pillowy-soft, creamy, emulsifying, moisture-drenching lip balm I have ever tried. I figured I would give La Mer a try just out of curiosity... NO way. La Mer lip balm is thin, hard to dig into (whereas BdR all you do is tap your finger into the rich creaminess- it's like touching a jar of frosting). Anyway, La Mer was thin, barely hydrating, and hours later, my lips actually felt MORE dry than before I applied it. With BdR, even after it's worn off, my lips are soft, quenched, and full of moisture. La Mer balm feels like a cheap Burts Bees type of balm- seriously. It even kind of smells like Burts Bees. Do yourself a huge favor- TRY this before you buy it- then just spend the extra $20 or so and get yourself Baume de Rose. Thats the real thing- the best of the best. Your lips will LOVE it. Now I don't know what to do with this La Mer balm. I suppose I'll swap it away. I have no use for it.

on 9/27/2011 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Disgusting that this company charges 444 per 100gr of what is mostly 'vaseline'. The major ingredient is petrolatum. I bought this, used it despite the fact I HATE cheap nasty petroleum based products and was so unimpressed I gave it to a friend. What a waste of money.

Popular Lip Treatments