October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

If you can afford it it's a lovely treat! I got it as a gift, however i would never pay for this myself unless i had A LOT of money! It feels nice and tingly at first and sinks in nicely, has a mint taste, but not overbearing. However it's just so expensive and for the price and what you're getting i give it 3 stars.

Mac lip conditioner costs a fraction of this and is still high end, it has vitamin a and e and a nicer taste and lasts much longer and feels much better on your lips. if you want a good lip balm with a label attached i recommend that highly. Save your money people :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this lipbalm. I do suffer from extremely dry cracking lips in winter and this lipbalm feels so intense that I only have to apply it twice daily to solve my problem. In my opinion, it does a better job than eight hour cream and baume de rose, but the two things I don't like about this lipbalm are the price and the really minty smell when you first apply it. The smell reminds me of the burts bees lipbalm pepperminty smell, which is something I have a bit of an adversion towards. For the price you pay you get a pretty decent lipbalm but its not enough of a luxury feel for me.
Up-date:After using this at night, I woke-up with very scabby and unsmooth lips.....so for night I still use my Eight Hour cream and then just use this one for daytime because its less sticky and I can apply lip liner and lipstick on top more easily. My first pot lasted me 4 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by fiona82

I bought this because I want to get the GWP from Nordstrom, and this seemed to be the cheapest item ($45) in order to make up the $10 difference. It didn't do anything for my lips at all. It doesn't protect, heal, moisurize; the only thing it does is silently disappear, forcing my to reapply every 15 minutes. The only positive thing is that it tastes nice and minty, and not sticky. After I'm done with it I'll go back to Savex and Carmex.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a gift. It tastes very minty and refreshing, and I take it with me wherever I go to add a little moisture and shine on top of my lip color during the day, so I like that it's not super shiny or sticky. That being said, it's definitely not reparative, and won't heal chapped/dry lips. If that's what you're after, go for Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream or Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. I wouldn't buy again, because I think close to $100 is far to expensive for a basic lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

This past couple of weeks I've been dealing with severely chapped lips and none of the lip balms I had were helping. I tried everything from Korres, Eve Lom, Rosebud, Burts...etc. It got to the point of unbearable pain that I decided I needed to pony up $45 for the best.

I've wondered about the La Mer lip balm for years and wondered just how good a $45 lip balm could possibly. Last night, I put all my hopes into this minty green puck and woke up with noticeably less chapped lips! I put on another coat this morning and by mid afternoon my lips were 99% better. Not having the pain to deal with is worth $45 for even one application in my opinion.

The balm is rather hard and I had to scrap a little bit with the back of my nail to get enough to rub between my two index fingers. Once the balm melted down I liberally applied to my lips. The balm is thick, but quickly absorbs so it doesn't feel greasy on the lip like the Rosebud Salve.

The packaging is elegant with a frosted glass on the bottom and a silver cap as the lid. If I were made of money, I'd have one my in my car, one at my desk and one by my bed side.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmm. All of these rave reviews, and I just don't get it? Makes me wonder if all of these people who LOVE La Mer Lip Balm have ever tried By Terry Baume de Rose?! I'd be willing to bet not. I've been hopelessly committed to Baume de Rose despite it's slightly higher price because it has been the most pillowy-soft, creamy, emulsifying, moisture-drenching lip balm I have ever tried. I figured I would give La Mer a try just out of curiosity... NO way. La Mer lip balm is thin, hard to dig into (whereas BdR all you do is tap your finger into the rich creaminess- it's like touching a jar of frosting). Anyway, La Mer was thin, barely hydrating, and hours later, my lips actually felt MORE dry than before I applied it. With BdR, even after it's worn off, my lips are soft, quenched, and full of moisture. La Mer balm feels like a cheap Burts Bees type of balm- seriously. It even kind of smells like Burts Bees. Do yourself a huge favor- TRY this before you buy it- then just spend the extra $20 or so and get yourself Baume de Rose. Thats the real thing- the best of the best. Your lips will LOVE it. Now I don't know what to do with this La Mer balm. I suppose I'll swap it away. I have no use for it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kitcat72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disgusting that this company charges 444 per 100gr of what is mostly 'vaseline'. The major ingredient is petrolatum. I bought this, used it despite the fact I HATE cheap nasty petroleum based products and was so unimpressed I gave it to a friend. What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am falling in love with this balm. During the first week of using it I wasn't so excited: it didn't seem to hydrate my lips enough, but I guess in my case this balm has a cumulative effect because this is my third week of using it and I am starting to notice that I don't need to apply my balm that often because my lips are so full of moisture. I still re-apply it about five times a day but I have to use very little of it. And I LOVE the minty-chocolate taste. It makes my breath so yummy. I'll see how long one jar lasts and depending on that will decide if I want to repurchase. If it ends up lasting about 6 months, it will be my HG. Will update
Update: This product gave me a bad cumulative effect. I guess it's due to the mint-y tingling it must've irritated my lips but my lips look bruised, and it was the only lip treatment that I used that I know for sure that it is La Mer lip balm that I have to blame. Another disappointment from this brand. Their products seem to work wonderfully at first, but after a couple of months it gets worse and never goes back to normal. I guess the Miracle Broth is not a miracle for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristieL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful lipbalm! I have been travelling non-stop for the past few months. I think I've been on at least ten flights, meaning my skin is dried out! My lips were cracked. I tried medical ointments, aquaphor, etc. Nothing works as well as this does! The scent is delicate, and you can wear it in the day, as it feels weightless. A great product, though expensive. I don't think you need to rub it together first to release the 'Miracle Broth' you simply apply it on. That works for me... the less steps for application the better :)

Also, my mum used this to treat her lip after she had to have a mole lasered off. No scarring! She loves it as well.

I honestly can't say that this is better than applying pure Vitamin E on cracked lips, because I've heard that this gives the same effect, but I don't want to take any chances. My lips are loving it, so I'll continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by vvcctt

My favourite lip balm. I bought it in December and I still have more than half the product left. I use it twice daily; once in the morning and once before I go to bed. Most other lip balms give me blackheads, but this one doesn't. Definately worth the money.