August 27, 2014 | 1798 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

all i can say about this is PERFECT.
the best thing is that it makes my skin's texture looking so silky and glowing that my foundation set perfectly.

Perfect as a Primer not only as sunscreen. I've been used this for 2 years.

however , it's quite expensive. ( 38$)
( MAC Prep Prime face protect spf 50 works great as much as this except it doesn't give dewy texture like this, but costs 27$ )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Zzsnne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. A mate recommended it and I read some good reviews, so decided to have a go. It's not the cheapest in the world, but I think for a good broad spectrum daily use screen, it's worth it. It is a bit watery, but it's not that difficult to use, you just need to be careful.

It's not greasy at all - this is what I've been looking for. I like a nice matt finish - not all that shiny greasy slippery stuff you have to wait an hour before putting on your make up for. Then your nose is glistening all day afterward.

Will keep using this one and ditch my old one!

Update 11/12/10 - Now that it's winter, I'm finding this is a bit drying. I am in the process of trying NeoStrata to improve my complextion, so will stop using it for now. Also, even before the dry weather set in, I had to ensure I kept this completely away from my eye area, as would look dry and wrinkley. This product will definitely not be good for someone who already has a tendency towards dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyinterrupted89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I loved this product at first, I realized that it was not worth the money.

I have unfortunate hyper-pigmentation and thus require a lot of sun screen coverage, so repurchasing this product ever two to three months got to be annoying at $42 a bottle. Also, the packaging is very small, and a little didn't seem to go long enough for me.

I understand the concerns over the formula (just the alcohol portion), but I never noticed any dramatic levels of skin protection.

I've slightly tanned olive skin and I even noticed that I was getting tanner even with generous amounts of this product.

However, I will say this:

Texture: the silkiness is perfect for oilier skins and even hydrating for drier ones. However, this silkiness doesn't lend well to blending the product over the face (especially if you've more of a defined face, as I had apply the product on my lower face, then cheekbones and then rest of the face--that usurped a lot of the product). I did that simply because I was worried about how secure the coverage was--I didn't want to accidentally not cover a patch of skin.

Smell: Thankfully, no icky sun screen smell here !

Color: even though there is a fair amount of titanium dioxide, I didn't notice any while residue on my face, so thumbs up there.

Over-all: A decent product, but not the best one for me personally.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by salmak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it comes on silky and smooth I have bought it a few times, the only problem is that its too pricey for such a small bottle, so I switched over to Neutrogena, which of course is not that good compared to this....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffany87

I absolutely love this product. Have been looking for a sunscreen that is light and oil free for a long time, and Clarins UV Plus tops my list. The formula is quite thin, so I apply after my moisturizer. An added bonus is that it doubles up as a primer and my makeup lasts all day without melting off my face. The price is quite expensive for 30mL of product, but a good facial sunscreen is a must, so I'll say its well worth my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by aggelou

I have dry combination skin that breaks out easily and was looking for an excellent sunscreen that isn't too heavy. I apply this after my day cream. It absorbs in a few seconds and leaves my skin matte and beautiful without the oily residue that most of sunscreens leave on the skin. Moisturizing before is necessary though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Taitinthesylph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying all sorts of sunscreens for my face I finally decided to spend a bit more money than usual to try this product. I'm so glad I did, it's absolutely amazing.
The first thing I noticed was the thin consistency which is unlike pretty much all of the other sunscreens I have tried. It definitely doesn't clog my pore or break me out.
When first applied it looks quite shiny and when I used it for the first time I was a bit worried. However, once it dries it is quite matte and is a perfect base to apply my makeup on.
I have a rather oily t-zone and I don't think I'm any oily than normal, nor does this product dry out my cheeks.
This is a perfect facial sunscreen for me and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sadistic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i have been using this this mineral sunscreen for over a year, and i am on my 2nd bottle. compared to all the other sunscreens i have tried, i think this is the best one, especially to wear under your make up. it goes on smoothly and dry. it is a perfect base for your make up and it is not greasy. it doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out or clog my pores.

the only con that i can think of right now is that it turns white when you sweat, so i dont wear this when i exercise, neutrogena's sport face is much better for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THE best sunscreen in the entire market, I've tried them all (Sisley, La Mer, Clinique, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, U NAME IT), This is THE ONE I couldn't live without it, For some reason, every time I use it, it makes my skin look much better, less redness, JUST THE BEST =')

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, first off, I tried this on my freshly cleaned but unmoisturized face. I found this product quite thin in consistency, watery. However; it did not readily absorb but seemed to form a thin dry film on my face. I later noted that it's spf of 40 is based on titanium dioxide so this explains the film.
I applied Revlon's Photoready foundation over this and it went on quite smoothly. The Clarins acted sort of like a primer for the foundation. I was actually quite pleased with the results. It gave me a nice matte finish and I went to work and worked for 13 hours before noting that I was now getting some pilling around my nose and on my chin. At that point I simply washed my face and applied a moisturizer.
I give this 3 lippies because it lasted a good 14 hours post application before I had any pilling or problems. I won't give it 4 lippies because I doubt that it (with the very thin consistency) would last as a true sunblock even with the spf of 40. And it doesn't moisturize at all.

Overall, I can't really recommend this very highly priced thin liquid. You can get a similiar product for much less if you want thin consistency and a nice matte finish. As another reviewer said, many Asian products do this at a lesser price.