November 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ALim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this everyday and it's my HG product. You only need a little and it goes a very long way. I went to Hawaii recently and the sun was very, very strong. My cheeks and forehead almost always burn even when I wear regular sunblock. This time I just used a little extra UV Plus and re-applied every few hours and I came back home sunburn-free!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On a recent trip to the Middle East, I was intent on taking excellent care of my face so as to steer clear of the hyperpigmentation that I managed to rid myself of (after diligently caring for my skin). I read upon this (also Laura Mercier's Flawless) and I went with this one (both are SPF 40). After spending endless days out in the sun, hiking and what-not, my face ended up with a very nice, ever-so-slight color -NO hyperpigmentation in sight! This works just awesome as a primer, too. Once you smooth it on, you do have to wait a few seconds for it to dry, otherwise it might feel oily. Believe me, I cannot stand any oiliness on my face and this passed the test with flying colors!
I've tried many others that everyone seems to like (Shiseido, MAC, etc.) but they all broke me out & felt icky-oily. Not this one!
CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. This is my HG from now on, price be damned. Keeping my face clear of hyperpigmentation is worth it for me.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the watery texture of this sunscreen as it glides easily and I can spread it evenly. It does leave a SLIGHT white cast, but I quite like it as it evens out my skintone. It dries down into a semi-matte finish. It is pricey and I wouldn't call this HG material because It doesn't contain any antioxidants and some sunscreen specialist have said it doesn't cover enough UVB protection. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by helenajustina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my HG everyday sunscreen for over 4 years now.
Contrary to other reviews I actually like the thin formula as this makes the product light and it doesn't add any weight to your daily skincare.
Different from other sunscreens there's no whitish cast and the finish is smooth and matte.
From my experience, this really provides good sun protection. I went on a mountain tour two years ago and missed out on putting sunscreen on my body (yep, bad, I know!) and I got quite burnt. However, my face remained completely fine and I only had the slightest of tans on my face.
Tanning doesn't mean that the sunscreen doesn't work! No tanning is only possible if you use sunblock.
I'm very happy with this product and will never buy any other! The price is fine with me as even with daily use, the small bottle lasts me more than 6 months!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

all i can say about this is PERFECT.
the best thing is that it makes my skin's texture looking so silky and glowing that my foundation set perfectly.

Perfect as a Primer not only as sunscreen. I've been used this for 2 years.

however , it's quite expensive. ( 38$)
( MAC Prep Prime face protect spf 50 works great as much as this except it doesn't give dewy texture like this, but costs 27$ )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Zzsnne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. A mate recommended it and I read some good reviews, so decided to have a go. It's not the cheapest in the world, but I think for a good broad spectrum daily use screen, it's worth it. It is a bit watery, but it's not that difficult to use, you just need to be careful.

It's not greasy at all - this is what I've been looking for. I like a nice matt finish - not all that shiny greasy slippery stuff you have to wait an hour before putting on your make up for. Then your nose is glistening all day afterward.

Will keep using this one and ditch my old one!

Update 11/12/10 - Now that it's winter, I'm finding this is a bit drying. I am in the process of trying NeoStrata to improve my complextion, so will stop using it for now. Also, even before the dry weather set in, I had to ensure I kept this completely away from my eye area, as would look dry and wrinkley. This product will definitely not be good for someone who already has a tendency towards dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyinterrupted89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I loved this product at first, I realized that it was not worth the money.

I have unfortunate hyper-pigmentation and thus require a lot of sun screen coverage, so repurchasing this product ever two to three months got to be annoying at $42 a bottle. Also, the packaging is very small, and a little didn't seem to go long enough for me.

I understand the concerns over the formula (just the alcohol portion), but I never noticed any dramatic levels of skin protection.

I've slightly tanned olive skin and I even noticed that I was getting tanner even with generous amounts of this product.

However, I will say this:

Texture: the silkiness is perfect for oilier skins and even hydrating for drier ones. However, this silkiness doesn't lend well to blending the product over the face (especially if you've more of a defined face, as I had apply the product on my lower face, then cheekbones and then rest of the face--that usurped a lot of the product). I did that simply because I was worried about how secure the coverage was--I didn't want to accidentally not cover a patch of skin.

Smell: Thankfully, no icky sun screen smell here !

Color: even though there is a fair amount of titanium dioxide, I didn't notice any while residue on my face, so thumbs up there.

Over-all: A decent product, but not the best one for me personally.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by salmak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it comes on silky and smooth I have bought it a few times, the only problem is that its too pricey for such a small bottle, so I switched over to Neutrogena, which of course is not that good compared to this....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffany87

I absolutely love this product. Have been looking for a sunscreen that is light and oil free for a long time, and Clarins UV Plus tops my list. The formula is quite thin, so I apply after my moisturizer. An added bonus is that it doubles up as a primer and my makeup lasts all day without melting off my face. The price is quite expensive for 30mL of product, but a good facial sunscreen is a must, so I'll say its well worth my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by aggelou

I have dry combination skin that breaks out easily and was looking for an excellent sunscreen that isn't too heavy. I apply this after my day cream. It absorbs in a few seconds and leaves my skin matte and beautiful without the oily residue that most of sunscreens leave on the skin. Moisturizing before is necessary though