Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

Active: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Corn Starch Modified, Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

on 2/14/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with sunscreen. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreen, so it's extremely difficult to find the perfect sunscreen. A co-worker, convinced me to splurge $40 on a tiny one ounce bottle.

The texture is very light and and feels oily when first applied, but quickly dries, leaving no greasy residue.
There is no tint, so it is truly invisible on my skin.

I am allergic to most fragrances, but clarins' rose scent, fortunately, did not cause me to break out in a rash.

I would highly recommend this sunscreen for anyone who is allergic to chemical sunscreens and wants a truly invisible, non-greasy sunscreen

on 1/1/2011 7:39:00 PM

I wear this everyday and it's my HG product. You only need a little and it goes a very long way. I went to Hawaii recently and the sun was very, very strong. My cheeks and forehead almost always burn even when I wear regular sunblock. This time I just used a little extra UV Plus and re-applied every few hours and I came back home sunburn-free!

on 12/18/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

On a recent trip to the Middle East, I was intent on taking excellent care of my face so as to steer clear of the hyperpigmentation that I managed to rid myself of (after diligently caring for my skin). I read upon this (also Laura Mercier's Flawless) and I went with this one (both are SPF 40). After spending endless days out in the sun, hiking and what-not, my face ended up with a very nice, ever-so-slight color -NO hyperpigmentation in sight! This works just awesome as a primer, too. Once you smooth it on, you do have to wait a few seconds for it to dry, otherwise it might feel oily. Believe me, I cannot stand any oiliness on my face and this passed the test with flying colors!
I've tried many others that everyone seems to like (Shiseido, MAC, etc.) but they all broke me out & felt icky-oily. Not this one!
CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. This is my HG from now on, price be damned. Keeping my face clear of hyperpigmentation is worth it for me.

on 12/5/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the watery texture of this sunscreen as it glides easily and I can spread it evenly. It does leave a SLIGHT white cast, but I quite like it as it evens out my skintone. It dries down into a semi-matte finish. It is pricey and I wouldn't call this HG material because It doesn't contain any antioxidants and some sunscreen specialist have said it doesn't cover enough UVB protection. The search continues...

on 11/24/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my HG everyday sunscreen for over 4 years now.
Contrary to other reviews I actually like the thin formula as this makes the product light and it doesn't add any weight to your daily skincare.
Different from other sunscreens there's no whitish cast and the finish is smooth and matte.
From my experience, this really provides good sun protection. I went on a mountain tour two years ago and missed out on putting sunscreen on my body (yep, bad, I know!) and I got quite burnt. However, my face remained completely fine and I only had the slightest of tans on my face.
Tanning doesn't mean that the sunscreen doesn't work! No tanning is only possible if you use sunblock.
I'm very happy with this product and will never buy any other! The price is fine with me as even with daily use, the small bottle lasts me more than 6 months!

on 10/4/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

all i can say about this is PERFECT.
the best thing is that it makes my skin's texture looking so silky and glowing that my foundation set perfectly.

Perfect as a Primer not only as sunscreen. I've been used this for 2 years.

however , it's quite expensive. ( 38$)
( MAC Prep Prime face protect spf 50 works great as much as this except it doesn't give dewy texture like this, but costs 27$ )

on 8/24/2010 6:32:00 AM

I love this stuff. A mate recommended it and I read some good reviews, so decided to have a go. It's not the cheapest in the world, but I think for a good broad spectrum daily use screen, it's worth it. It is a bit watery, but it's not that difficult to use, you just need to be careful.

It's not greasy at all - this is what I've been looking for. I like a nice matt finish - not all that shiny greasy slippery stuff you have to wait an hour before putting on your make up for. Then your nose is glistening all day afterward.

Will keep using this one and ditch my old one!

Update 11/12/10 - Now that it's winter, I'm finding this is a bit drying. I am in the process of trying NeoStrata to improve my complextion, so will stop using it for now. Also, even before the dry weather set in, I had to ensure I kept this completely away from my eye area, as would look dry and wrinkley. This product will definitely not be good for someone who already has a tendency towards dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

While I loved this product at first, I realized that it was not worth the money.

I have unfortunate hyper-pigmentation and thus require a lot of sun screen coverage, so repurchasing this product ever two to three months got to be annoying at $42 a bottle. Also, the packaging is very small, and a little didn't seem to go long enough for me.

I understand the concerns over the formula (just the alcohol portion), but I never noticed any dramatic levels of skin protection.

I've slightly tanned olive skin and I even noticed that I was getting tanner even with generous amounts of this product.

However, I will say this:

Texture: the silkiness is perfect for oilier skins and even hydrating for drier ones. However, this silkiness doesn't lend well to blending the product over the face (especially if you've more of a defined face, as I had apply the product on my lower face, then cheekbones and then rest of the face--that usurped a lot of the product). I did that simply because I was worried about how secure the coverage was--I didn't want to accidentally not cover a patch of skin.

Smell: Thankfully, no icky sun screen smell here !

Color: even though there is a fair amount of titanium dioxide, I didn't notice any while residue on my face, so thumbs up there.

Over-all: A decent product, but not the best one for me personally.

on 8/8/2010 3:12:00 PM

I love this product, it comes on silky and smooth I have bought it a few times, the only problem is that its too pricey for such a small bottle, so I switched over to Neutrogena, which of course is not that good compared to this....

on 7/27/2010 9:53:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Have been looking for a sunscreen that is light and oil free for a long time, and Clarins UV Plus tops my list. The formula is quite thin, so I apply after my moisturizer. An added bonus is that it doubles up as a primer and my makeup lasts all day without melting off my face. The price is quite expensive for 30mL of product, but a good facial sunscreen is a must, so I'll say its well worth my money.

Top Rated Clarins Products