Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 7/4/2011 3:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these shimmer bricks. I have Nectar, which has coral tones and tawny, which is more of a neutral, similar to the photo here. They both give a lovely glow applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but definitely OK for daytime use. You can find them cheap sometimes and you only need a tiny but, I can't imagine running out.

on 4/13/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product!

Gives a subtle shimmer, while at the same time also gives a kind of dewy look.

applied above cheekbones, and just a bit down the nose, gives that extra something!

on 3/21/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just got Pink Quartz shimmerbrick to replace Pink shimmerbrick which I found to be too chalky. A lot of changes have been made in these shimmerbrick colours (sandstone and pink are discontinued) in order to get things right. I think this Pink Quartz is going to do the job because it is softer than the pink and more flattering than the sandstone for my complexion (fair) anyway. I have tried to use individual bands for eyeshadow but they just don't seem to make it; they all look too glittery for eyeshadow.

Love this stuff! wear it almost everyday!

on 3/7/2011 3:42:00 AM

I love BB Shimmerbricks and in all honesty I only bought this because I just had to have it! I have fair, freckly skin and thought it may be too much but, if all else fails the colours are beautiful and could be used on the eyes however, when I tried it woah! This gave such an amazing glow moreso than any of my other Shimmer Bricks, it doesn't make me look un-naturally tanned just healthy and glowing!
I have quite oily skin and this does not make me look more shiny, just as I said healthy and glowing.
Makes a great travel compact as the shades individually look beautiful and just enhance a tan.
A new fave!

on 2/19/2011 2:33:00 PM

when i spotted that it was on sale,i got the nectar shade.when i swatched it on my hand,it was a beautiful color,and looked frost-not glittery.the effect was very similer to my beloved mac-Shell pearl beauty powder.since i used so much of it since it came out and it is a collection item,dupes are always welcomed.i am pale and this color works as a blush on me.well,not totally working.it is too powdery,the shimmer is not even and it gives me a cakey face.it looks like i have used excessive cheap product on a dry,peeled skin when i actually have oily skin which is always well taken care of.when i wet my brush,or use it over some liquid/cream blush base,it looks lovelier.and like most of the reviewers said,it emphasizes my pores.they are not even that huge but nectar takes care of that!
overall,i am not totally pleased with it.I can make it work when i have time and actually want to,but at this price using a product shouldn't be that challenging

on 1/23/2011 1:19:00 AM

Initially my makeup artist used this on my wedding day to highlight my cheekbones. It looked so good I bought one myself. I use just a little bit (thats all you need really) to add a little shimmer to a night out.
Also looks great during the day with a touch of bronzer.

on 11/29/2010 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Bought this on a whim (and because it was on special) and must say: use a very very very light hand when applying this unless you want to look like a 10year old who's gotten into her mother's makeup box. Better still, use a very light hand and a very small brush - just to highlight the details.

Price isn't too bad though so I won't complain... but I doubt I'll be repurchasing (or even using the one I've just gotten) either.

On the upside, the brush it comes with is quite nice and the mirror in the box is nice and big :)!

on 11/2/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I looked up the reviews and noticed Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks are getting rave reviews so I went ahead and brought a BB tawny shimmerbrick, which people had described as warm tan, plus the BB face blender brush recommended to go with it.

All I can say is if you don't like intense shiny glitter, or worry about enhancing large pores or lines don't get a Bobbi Brown shimmerbrick!! And if you're very pale or wanting a color with a warm undertone don't get a shimmerbrick in tawny!! I

Even though this shimmerbrick looks warm tan in the pack, thats not how it applies. Theres no peach or gold in it. I'd describe it the color of tawny as 1/3 sheer (low pigmented) dirty rose blush that looks uneven and hard to blend. The other 2/3 is an overpowering intense shiny silvery glitter that quickly spreads everywhere and sits on top of the skin looking greasy and enhancing large pores and wrinkles that I didn't know I had before. No matter how light I applied it ("apply a light hand with a fan brush" one reviewer suggested), or how much I tried to "buff it away" (another suggestion) its still a cold glittery and shimmery disco silver, not glowing warmth. I guess thats why its called "shimmer brick" not "glow brick". Its really just a cool-toned silver highlighter for darker skin tones.

Maybe I have would have been happier with the warmer nectar or the lighter pink shimmer brick instead, but then again that disco shimmer is sooo crazy on maturing skin so probably not. In the end I brought a Rimmel matte soft bronzer that gave me a gorgeous natural (matt) warmth that looks amazing on fair skin, plus for days when I want more of a glow I lightly apply the bottom half of my Clarins Double Palette Teint & Blush Face & Blush Duo Compact (limited edition for 2010).

On a positive note, I love my BB face blender brush. Its very soft and blends powders like a dream

on 11/1/2010 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought this in Rose, I only brought it because I'm a sheep (every other makeup fanatics have it and I dont), in general it has a lot of positive reviews, and the packaging and colours look soo desirable.
This is my first Bobbi Brown purchase ever, and Bobbi Brown in Australia is quiet expensive.
To me I felt it was such a waste of money at $80AUD, I never liked testing or swatching anything on my face instore because I can just imagine how contaminated the testers are, I swatched this on my hand and at first it looked ok, I thought it might be better as a highlighter so I purchased it.
This has soo much sheen/glitter it was like glitters galore. Barely to no colour showed up at all, either as blush or eye shadow. The glitter just over powers everything, and when you do manage to get a bit of colour from this, within 2 hours it fades leaves chunks of glitter on your face. When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just looked as though I'm brushing glitter all over my face, the end result made me look like I had a fight with the glitter fairy!
Really disappointed, and I really hate to write a negative review on a product that everyone seems to love.