September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't often wear my hair straight, but if i do, this product is great. It doesn't weight my hair down and it imparts a lovely shine and silkiness to my straightened strands. A little goes a long way and pump packaging is good. Price is reasonable and overall, it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have awkward wave medium-fine hair which can only be worn straight because it is in between wavy and straight and isn't pretty waves. Anyways I always blow dry my hair and was looking for something to make blow drying smoother and a heat protector. I was watching Juicystar07 and she said this was one of her favorites and you gotta admit she has great hair, so I got this in the travel size at Ulta. I use a dime size amount and apply below my roots through my damp hair. It makes blow drying a lot easier and smoother. It smells good and doesn't weigh my oily prone hair down. Great job Redken!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by alexlexexx

LOVE IT! THE ONE I BOUGHT HAS HEAT PROTECTANT SO IT DOUBLES FOR STRAIGHTENING TOO. I WOUD DEFINITELY REPURCHASE! DOESNT MAKE HAIR GREASY..(I STILL DONT GET TOO CLOSE TO ROOTS THOUGH).. JUST ONE PUMP AND I BLOW DRY AND VOILA!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kayliathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very bummed about this. Like a review I read below, I feel like I used a different product than everyone else. I originally was interested after seeing several beauty gurus on YouTube sing it's praises; however I've learned not to let those opinions alone be the deciding factor, especially for something as expensive as this. But, the reviews here on makeupalley were just as good so I gave it a go. Here's my experience:

The product itself was very sticky. I felt like I needed to wash my hands several times to get it off. Then when I touched my hair, I felt the need to wash my hands AGAIN. After blow drying hair, my hair felt like the end of a broom stick. (mind you, my hair is naturally very oily!) It gave my hair sort of the texture of using too much hair spray. I didn't like it at all.

I'm glad this product worked well for so many other people; however it's not for everyone, and definitely not for me!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, makes hair shiny and silky, but doēs not make it oily. Great for long hair. Has very nice, fresh scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

Love it! I just repurchased after my first bottle and can definitely compare the difference between using this when blow-drying/heat styling and not using it/using a different product. - It speeds up the blow-drying process and Im actually surprised that my hair really does seem to dry a lot faster when using this. - It leaves hair soft and manageable and has a great light scent. - It doesn't weigh my hair down and allows it to still move while controlling frizz, and I dont feel as though I need to use any anti-frizz or shine serum afterwards. As a reference, I have naturally straight hair, which is a LITTLE on the fine side so that it can frizz up a little bit, I haven't coloured it in a very long time so it's all my natural dark brown/black hair, but I have started blow-drying and straightening with a GHD and do so probably about 4 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dianak35

wow..just used this for the first time and im already in love. i have fairly long unruly hair and this left me with lovely soft hair.i made sure to detangle with a comb before blowdrying (which i find helps) and then lightly brushed it out after i was done. it smells great too

definitely worth the splurge since you only use half a pea sized amount each time =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lem37

Wow, this stuff really does what it says it will - give you silky, touchable tresses. I picked this up after putting away my Super Skinny Serum, which as of late has been making my hair kind of greasy by the end of the day (I'm Italian, so I have to wash my hair daily anyway). This packaging is the same as SSS, but the product is more of a lotion-serum than a straight serum. The smell is delicious, and my hair doesn't feel weighed down. The only problem is that this does nothing for volume - of course, the packaging doesn't say it will, but the slippery-smoothness of your hair can make it a bit limp as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Casanchez18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product, it helped with keeping my hair tamed when I blow dried it. It leaves your hair silky and smooth and it protects it too! I would deffinatly buy it again, even though the price isnt so nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this along with Redken's "Iron Silk" spray after a haircut a while ago. My stylist said I could use just these 2 products and that's it. They were expensive - more than I can really afford to spend on hair products - but this has lasted me a long time & isn't close to be used up yet.

I use this with a tiny bit of cheap serum on my ends and it does help my hair to dry faster. I hate the fact that I have to blowdry every time I wash my hair if I want it to look nice (otherwise it gets wonky and frizzy, not to mention it's super thick so it takes a looong time to air dry) but this helps speed up the drying time and so also cuts down on damage. It also makes my hair softer and a little smoother than blowdrying with just serum.

This is almost one of those products that you don't know has become a staple until you forget to use it one day. I take it for granted for sure, but when I don't use it, I miss it. I don't know if I'll repurchase, if I did it would be only for the quick-drying benefits because I find serum does enough for smoothness and softness. But I doubt I could find a drug store hair product that is this specialized, so I just may shell out for it again!