Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

4.7

Castor Seed Oil, Octydodecanol, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate -2, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Polyethylene, Alumina, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Trihydroxystearin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Fragrance, BHT, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Carmine, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My experiences with cream, gel and liquid blush in the past have never been good. I can't get it to blend right and end up looking like a clown, or else I'm not finding the right color. But a friend passed this on to me and I thought I'd try it.

As others have noted, Blushed Rose is a tad too brown - I usually like brighter blushes - but it's very natural. I typically don't use it alone, but as a "base" over which I put some powder blush. It seems to help the powder blush last longer. I pat it on with my fingers and blend. It's nice for travel (not having to lug a makeup brush) and it actually does work fairly well as lip color in a pinch.

I was afraid this might break me out (even though I have dry skin) because it really seemed like putting lipstick on my cheeks, but it has had no ill effects. As others have mentioned, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all. Just melts right in. I don't think I would buy this color again, but I definitely plan to try some other shades.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG! This is one pretty amazing product. I actually got it as a sample after buying some Bobbi Brown products, and actually bought a Pot Rouge in Powder Pink. Let me tell you i like Blushed Rose WAYYYY more! To be honest it is probably one of my absolute favorite blushes. It has great color, and blends well over a light moisturizer. MAKE SURE to moisturize first, or it will stay put in one spot! I will be getting the full size soon!

I received a miniature of this with a recent Bergdorf purchase. It is a warm-toned brown-rose color... sort of reminds me of a brighter Stila Convertible Color in Peony.

Compared to Stila CC, the Pot Rouge is less "slippery" and a bit more concentrated in pigment. I find that a little goes a long way, and I have to really "buff" it into the skin.

That being said, the resulting effect is a believable flush that is also very long-lasting. One of my favorite characteristics of Bobbi's makeup looks is the beautiful blush effects, and this Pot Rouge will really give you that healthy flush. It also isn't sticky, so if you wanted to layer on some powder blush, or highlighter, it would work quite well.

Now, I did take off a lippie because I think it *did* give me some bumps on my cheeks, which is odd. For reference, I applied this with a MAC 187 brush, and I am a light-beige skintone. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a sample with an order. I have not used it much since then. I think the color is just not the best for me. It is too brownish. I find my best blush colors are more often bright pink/pinky coral/pinky peach shades. The brown in this makes it not unwearable for me but not as flattering as a lot of other blushes. However, the color blends well, is highly pigmented and seems like it sticks around a decent amount of time for a cream blush so I am giving it 3 stars cause though it is not a universal shade it probably looks lovely on other skin tones.

I find this a really easy blush to work with, I use a synthetic angled blush brush and kind of stipple it onto my cheeks to give a really natural looking glow. It works well alone, as a contour (pale skin) or as a base for another blush and I also find i t works well on bare skin, over foundation and under powder or over the whole lot. It's great on the lips too.
If you are very fair then you don't want to go overboard with this as it is quite brown, but I highly recommend the Pot Rouges in any colour depending on your colouring. You can't go too far wrong with any Bobbi Brown colour really, just use it more lightly or heavily according to your taste and skin tone. This brings out the blue in my eyes beautifully, at a push I probably could dab some on my eyelids to give a bit of colour there too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I tried BB's Pot Rouge when it came out and was not impressed--I found it to be dry and difficult to apply. Well, given my increasing age and dry skin and this frigid arctic cold, I was desperate to find a cream blush comparable in color to my usual powder blush, BB Slopes, so I decided to give Blushed Rose a try. I'm glad I did! This is very close in color to Slopes (maybe a tad deeper depending on how you apply it), applies easily, lasts all day, and looks fresh and dewy. I do think the formula has been improved since it debuted, or I chose a shade that has more slip--whatever happened, I like it! It also looks great on my lips--one of the few supposed multi-tasking products that really works on more than one feature. In fact, I like this so well that I bought an extra mini size on eBay to carry in my purse. This is a real find!

I really like the formulation of this goes on smooth and pigmented, isn't greasy, lasts and the packaging is good and simple impervious to breakage. But i feel like the colour is slightly off, if it was just slightly less dusty, less brown it would be a perfect natural colour.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down, the best cream blush I have EVER tried. I don't use it on my lips, only on my cheeks. It looks natural, the formula is super blendable and not greasy at all, like many cream blushes out there.

It lasts about 4-6 hours on me if I seal it with powder. It suits most skin tones and I don't think I will ever run out of it! You need just a little tiny bit of product. Great color payoff.

The only downside I can find is that it's expensive, but considering how long a pot lasts, then I think you totally get what you pay for. Will repurchase when I run out :D

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OK, I have had this product for literally at least two years and I have BARELY put a dent in it! It lasts FOREVER. It is so deeply pigmented that you just need the tiniest bit to be extremely visible (while still natural) on the cheeks.

For me, this product rides around in my bag with a foundation stick. If I do NOTHING else at the end of the work day on my way out to meet friends or my husband, I touch up my dark circles and ruddiness with the foundation and then dot this on my cheeks. I use my fingers because I don't own a stippling brush. I find my fingers work ok. This product is not super emollient so you want to be careful to dot it right where you want it to end up, then use your fingers to blend blend blend it right where you put it (I guess what I am trying to say is that while it blends well, it's not easy to spread it around on your skin, so you want to place it fairly carefully). That is enough to look instantly refreshed and pretty. If I also have an eyeliner around I'll freshen that up too, and feel like a million bucks.

I am very pale with pink undertones and this color works VERY well for me.

However, all of the above applies when using this as a blush ONLY! I do not like this product AT ALL on my lips. It is extremely drying (even over my beloved Kiehl's #1 balm) so my lips instantly start to peel. And the color looks SUPER chalky and unnatural on my lips. Every few months I think "let's try it on the lips again, I'm sure I can make it work" (especially since I am CONSTANTLY on the hunt for that perfect MLBB shade and this *looks* like it should be that) and every single time I am appalled by how bad it is on my lips, especially considering how much I like it on my cheeks! I am not sure why BB tries to market this as a multi-tasker. It is good enough as a blush that they could just leave it at that and have multitudes of loyal fans.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this a lot. i used to never use cream blushes, im more of a powder blush girl, because i have sensitive acne prone skin and that plus a cream on your face equals major breakouts. but i heard so many good things about it that i just had to try it. and wow! i love it.

it gives you the most natural color. and it sinks into your skin like you wouldnt believe. its not sticky, and blends so easily. i love the color too. it looks not pretty and all that great in the pot, a brownish pink, but on your face its a different story. try it! i would buy this again. i want to try all the colors! i wish the pkg was bigger though, and its expensive.