September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Bath Treatments - Kneipp - Herbal Bath

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 7:50:00 AM More reviews by trish527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a great product, but I bought the Almond Herbal Bath, and I have mixed feelings about the smell...sometimes I liked the smell, but other times I thought it smelled a little "old ladyish." It moisturized well: not too much, not too little.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by barbarascohen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My husband found these in New York a few years ago and we gave them away as a gift to our daughter. Hearing all the raves, I bought a package of 10 from Sephora. Let me say that these are truly some of the very best herbal bath products I have ever tried. The scents are true to form, long lasting in the tub and provide an amazing source of rest and relaxiaton. These work especially well in a jacuzzi too. The orange blossom/liden is devine as are the rosemary, spruce & pine, and lavender. A treasure chest for those interested in making the bath experience a feast for the skin. I would give these a l0 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jfwilliams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With over a century of history,Kneipp hydrotherapy products are the definition of tried and true. First-timers check out orange blossom & linden as well as melissa. Both are wonderful at easing stress and promoting sleep, more relevant today than a hundred years ago when they were first developed! My only complaint is the glass bottle...makes me nervous using it in a tiled bathroom where the surfaces aren't forgiving if you make a slip.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 12:33:00 PM More reviews by spanky1118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a sampler pack from Sephora recently and thought it would be awhile until I had the occasion to use the Eucalyptus. Well unfortunately I caught a terrible cold! So I used the Eucalyptus last night. Wow! It cleared out my nose and sinuses big time, very refreshing. These are great and I can't wait to try the others. Very heavily scented and true to scent essential oils. EDITED - I have tried them all, I love them all EXCEPT maybe the Orange Linden - I can see how others would consider that Pledge-y. They are a true herbal smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2003 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LunaPopFan

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried the sampler, and went on to purchase the full size lavender... Beautiful scents, and very relaxing. Makes even the most boring bathroom into a spa experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by goodwillstacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a big bottle of the Lavender bath, and both my husband and I love it. It turns the water a pretty color, but most of all, smells up the entire bathroom! You can even smell it downstairs sometimes.
These baths really show me that herbs, flowers, etc do you have medicinal properties. I can't wait to try more Kneipp things.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by creeleycomma

I have the Orange & Linden Blossom bath, and I absolutely love it. I work nights, and sometimes it's difficult to sleep during the day. This is the perfect post-work/pre-bedtime soak. The smell is heavenly and relaxing, and it doesn't stain the bathtub. The $17 pricetag isn't too bad either, considering the 7-10 baths you get out of one bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2003 10:07:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl65

I've used the lavender for a while and just love it. It's so relaxing, it makes you feel like a brand new person. It's an easy product to use, with a nice measuring line right in the cap. After a bath with Kneipp's, you'll feel relaxed, clean, calm and very very happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are sold in grocery stores in Germany- oh do I wish we'd have that here.

If you want a real aromatherapy bath, Kniepp oils are the thing. They were developed under the direction of one Dr. Sebastian Kniepp, who did cures at a spa involving a lot of cold water hosed on your legs and arms (to this day, sauna installations in Germany have a black thick hose to shoot cold water on your extremities as you shower off.) The oils are traditional German "Heilmittel" or healing herbs such as dwarf alpine pine oil, hops, heublumen (meadow flowers, forget the actual herb name), melissa or lemon balm, eucalyptus, and linden. Each oil has a different property for healing. Pine for sore muscles, linden for nervousness, hops for sleep, and eucalyptus for colds and sinus problems. They all work marvelously. Warning, some can stain the tub side temporarily, so best not to put the bottle on the ledge of the tub.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used these bath products off and on for years. They truly are comforting and feel like a luxury treat at a great price per bath. The fragrance choices are many...everything from floral to fruit and herb types. It's wonderful to take a hop bath at bedtime to relax, a lavender bath to calm and refresh, or a pine bath to revive and gently stimulate the senses. You can also use them on a bath puff to shower with...just as nice if you want to shower instead of bathe.