August 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mbarnard0429

Great liner! I use this with a little bit of urban decay's primer and it stays put for 12+ hours. Definite repurchase for me. I have found it goes on best with myMAC #209 brush :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing smudges in 10 minutes, I'm a make up artist and this thing doesn't work for half of my clients :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really held off getting this item because of the price. I felt it difficult to justify such a price for a gel eyeliner. However, I have tried several different drugstore eyeliners and none compare. WnW's gel liner is great but dries out super fast. (and it's not the packaging, as I had assumed) Blacktrack is not only smooth but according to reviews, lasts forever. So far, it has not dried out a bit. (compared to WnW which started drying out immediately, even though i depotted it and put it in better packaging) It also stays better than anything else I've tried. (including Bobbi Brown's coveted liner) I will definitely be using this as a staple. Even though it's pricy, it seems to last a lot longer than drugstore liners so I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's a good eyeliner...nice colour, lasts on my eyes all day, till I remove it (with a wet wipe)...good price coz u get a lot of product even though it looks so small (the jar is so cute <3)...I will definitely buy also the brown and purple ones...also, it doesn't have PAO, its shelf life is more than 3 years (unlike most Dior, Chanel etc eyeliners that have a PAO of 6 months which means u gotta buy it twice a year unless u want to get an infection). LOVE IT <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I picked this eyeliner up from The Cosmetic Company Outlet for $11.25, and this was my first MAC purchase. I've always felt like MAC products were overrated, so I only got this because it was at a discounted price and because eyeliner is the one makeup product I cannot live without.

Overall, this was a pretty good gel liner. I think my expectations for it were quite high because EVERYONE raves about this product. It is very pigmented and smooth, and it doesn't smudge unlike some other gel/cream liners I've tried. The very first gel liner I tried was the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner in Blackest Black, and I feel like that was very comparable to the MAC Fluidline, but a few dollars cheaper. Now that I think about it, I suppose getting the MAC fluidline isn't a ridiculous investment, since the L'Oreal liner was about $10. You're only paying a few dollars more, so I don't feel as guilty about buying this product.

This is a great gel liner, and I would repurchase it at the regular retail price. I guess my expectations were just too high, and it wasn't like I was blown away at the quality of it, because I've seen comparable results with a slightly cheaper drugstore gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by mpankov

this is the best eyliner i have ever try. It is smudge proof without plastic look and easy to put on lids. It is not waterproof but tears (if apperas due to cold weather or dust) will not make shades on lids. Also I am a contact lens wearer and can say that I don't even feel that I wear something on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this gel liner, but it does have its cons.
It lasts on for hours and hours without fading, it's easy and fairly smooth to apply, and doesn't tend to clump so it's great for doing cat eyeliner. Did I mention it lasts, to the point that I'd say it's almost water proof?! Just amazing.
It does, however, transfer and leave a grey-ish mark on the top of my eyelid that the part of the lid I apply liner on (close to the lashes) touches when I open my eyes, and that is pretty annoying. It doesn't seem to affect how the liner itself looks, though. I do use an eyeshadow primer (UD Primer Potion) before the liner but it doesn't help with the transfer problem.
The liner also dries out and hardens in the pot in 2 years or so, which means one will end up throwing out a lot of product as you need very little for application. Then again, believe this is common for most gel liners!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had mine a little over a year and it stinks now! I didn't think it would 'go bad' so soon. Didn't use it often because it dries to a lighter black on me and I really like intense dark jet black liner for my top lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only liner I will use. I use a 266 angled brush with it and the application is flawless. The gel goes on smoothly and precise. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Lei77

This is a mainstay in my makeup kit. It doesn't smudge and smooth to apply.