October 31, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Unstoppable Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by kathun31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best everyday eyeliner in my opinion. Not super thick and doesn't smudge at all. No pencil sharpener needed which also probably means you get less actual product itself, but for the convenience and lack of stabbing myself in the lids with sharp pencil shaving tips I'll take it. Lasts all day for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know why this eyeliner has such a low score, it's the best waterproof retractable pencil I've tried, much better than sephora or stilla. It's wet black which i love, not too thick (stilla i'm looking at you), and truly waterproof. I swatched several different eyeliners on my hand including this one, ran my hand under water, and this eyeliner had the most staying power by far. If you touch it during the day, it will come off on your hand (but show me one that doesn't), but it honestly doesn't fade, or run. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have purchased this eyeliner twice because not only was it affordable, easy to apply and manipulate, and convenient on the-go, but it was also effective at holding up against a variety of wet conditions including surf and salt water, monsoon-like rain storms, tropical humidity, and—dare I say—long, adventurous nights in the bedroom. I have worn this on my oily lids without primer and have never experienced fading or smudging.

I purchased this liner in Onyx, but it also comes in a few other dark colors that, as of this review being written, I have yet to try. This is nice for those who don't like stark black liners but prefer dark liners with a hint of warming or cooling color. Otherwise you don't have a whole lot of color options for these babies.

The ergonomics of the product are standard as well; you twist to expose the eyeliner. I have actually never experienced any breakage, as I twist up only a little and apply conservatively. The packaging of this eyeliner does not include a self-sharpener so crisp lines can be difficult to achieve upon application, but this formula applies creamy and is pretty forgiving, as it does not set to dry right away. You have about a minute to smudge, sharpen, and manipulate the shapes you draw before the eyeliner sets and becomes waterproof.

To make application easier, it is good to have waterproof makeup remover and cotton swaps handy for shaping, or to have a smudging eyeliner sponge or brush, such as e.l.f.'s Smudge Eye Sponge.

But if those are not handy, once again, this eyeliner gives you enough time to shape it even with just your finger tips before setting, which is nice when you're on the go and don't have a full dresser at your disposal. I find this to still be an easy formula to work with and can still achieve the cat eye look, with or without any other tools.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't experienced any of the product breaking apart, though I have only used this eyeliner for about a week. I must have some sort of an allergic reaction to this as it makes small sections of my eyes red! Furthermore, after only a few hours of wearing this eyeliner, I find it clumps on the outer corners of my eyes, and small flakes form underneath my eyes. I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to MAC's graphblack eyeliner or Loreal's unfallible eyeliner as it promised a long-lasting wear, but I was certainly wrong here! In the bin it goes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with everyone, its probably the worst eyeliner I have tried. I brought several each in the colors Onyx, Espresso, Pink Twilight, and Fluffy Cloud. Amazingly EVERY ONE of them had the tip crumble or had the entire eyeliner stick come loose and fall out of the packaging. It was an entire waste of my money and time and dangerous too as some of the crumbling pieces fell into my eye and it took ages to get all the little bits out - I was very worried.Shame on Maybelline for making such a poor quality product. Save your money and don't buy this rubbish!!

If you want a better windup eyeliner try the Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definers. Lots of pretty colors, cheap, lasting good quality, and they have a handy smudger and a sharpener in the end of the cap too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Hippiejessie

I have been using this eyeliner for 7 years now! I love the espresso and the onxy. I will try other eyeliners from department stores through out the years from Mac- urban decay and they never compare to this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably one of the worst eyeliners I've tried. It breaks off and is crumbly. I managed to get it on, but it smudges and melts every where. It's already gone in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ranklechick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, this is the worst eyeliner I have ever tried. I was looking for a decent waterproof eyeliner. This was awful as a regular eyeliner under normal wear let alone situations with moisture. The stick broke in the packaging and falls out easily. The eyeliner itself is not creamy and feels very waxy and hard to apply, it just drags across my skin. The color payoff is minimal at best. Would not repurchase and would not recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by zebramousse

I have this in Cinnabar which is a nice matte brown colour. On the website it says it is waterproof, smudge-proof and stays put. Okay.
Waterproof? I suppose it is, but you still get smudges underneath your eyes and makes it look kinda like dark circles.
Smudge-proof? It does smudge a bit, but most importantly THE COLOUR JUST FADES after a few hours and you're left with brown smudges underneath your eyes.
The pigmentation is pretty good though but the tip has broken quite a few times. Eh. Would not repurchase, although it is a nice brown colour, I'm sure there are better ones out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by coolcolors

This eyeliner broke off on my first use and I did not even apply pressure to it. The color payoff was terrible and it tugged at my lids. Would not repurchase.