NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So in love with this product!

It is described as a "vivid siren red" and i have to say it is quite accurate.

It is a bright blue based true red. At first I tried it on my hand and it turned a bit fuschia, but on my lips, WOW. I feel like a 40's siren!

It is matte and a bit drying, but i personally only use matte lipsticks so this one is the best for me.

Dragon Girl and Cruella are my favorites and i will keep buying them despite the steep price.

Bought this one as I have it in belle de jour and love the feel. Thus is the mist feminine red I've ever worn and lasted all through a ball and dinner party.
One of my all time fave reds. Blue shades ensure no orange at all which makes teeth look brighter and compliments a multitude of complexions

on 12/20/2011 1:16:00 PM

As I mention in my other review for a different Velvet Matte lip color (see the color "Damned"), I love these pencils overall. The formulation, the holding power, the matte look etc. The only thing I'll therefore add regarding this color is...it's a nice red color without being too 'in your face' or high maintenance looking, as say a more traditional red lipstick would be. The matteness of this pencil makes this red look less 'haute couture', which is fine with me! It's perfect if you are going for that sort of 'Mad Men' makeup look.

I love this color for a bold red in the summer time.Its a bright red that is not for the shy ladies out there. Im a NW20 and have a freind that is a NC40 and this color gives up both the same color pay off and effect. It gives smooth rich color and wears gracefully. On my the color needs to be touched up every 5 hours without eating or drinking. I will saythat this can be a pain to sharpen. I have used this on several different sharpeners and have lost product everytime. You would think for how pricey it is the packaging would be better. But as for the product itself.... Wonderful!

on 10/24/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Beautiful, beautiful. It really does have a velvet-soft texture, and applies like a dream. The color is a classic, blue-based red. I like to put it on lips after a small touch of balm.

on 10/23/2011 9:57:00 PM

Plain and simply just LOVE Nars Lip pencils in Roman Holiday and Dragon Girl especially. Truly pops on my skin like nobodys business and being so matte it never bleeds so no fuss as some red lipsticks can be! :)

on 10/23/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These NARS Velvet Matte pencils are addictive, so beware of your wallet being more empty. I love a matte red lip and it's so chic year round, especially in the autumn and winter or for holiday parties. Dragon Girl is described as "siren red". If you want a more vivid red and even longer lasting color, use a lip stain under it. The Revlon Just Bitten stains last all day for me and a matching color enhances these without changing them. Crave would match Damned and Gothic would match Dragon Girl. Dragon Girl and Damned are must-have shades of all the pencils.

on 7/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

I tried this on in a shop and while I thought the colour was gorgeous, I didn't buy it because I usually find matte products overly drying on my lips and I also find red lipsticks too much maintenance to bother with on a daily basis. I walked out and went to a cafe. After two coffees and a sandwich I remembered I was wearing this lipstick. I thought it must be looking terrible and went to the bathroom to check on it... incredible! It looked almost perfect! It hadn't smudged, hadn't worn off, it wasn't on my teeth and it hadn't dried my lips out! I went straight back to the shop and paid the (frankly ridiculous) $50 AUD. I have worn it a lot and I continue to be amazed at how great it looks and how well it wears. I will definitely check out other colours (although I will be less impulsive and will buy them online!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The chubby pencil is great for applying colour with precision (with lipsticks, I always have to use a brush). Dragon Girl is a vibrant cherry red and is gorgeous for brightening up the face. I have very dry lips but surprisingly, for a matte pencil, I do not finding it drying at all (I do apply a bit of lip balm beforehand). And the staying power is much better than other lipsticks I've tried (e.g. Chanel Coco Rouge).

on 4/30/2011 11:36:00 AM

I believe this is one of the many NARS velvet matte lip pencils I'll buy from now on, but this colour is absolutely beautiful, you can either apply it lightly with some balm (it looks like a stain), with or without balm, and with a higher intensity or not (which is quite good, since you don't always want BRIGHT RED LIPS).
On the other hand, NARS products tend to be more or less expensive, but I must say it's worth the splurge. However, I must warn you: these lip pencils are quite addictive, and you might end up buying the whole collection (like i'm tempted to).
I think this colour is perfect, specially for those with fair skin, since it makes your lips pop, and it's a perfect spring and summer colour.
It can be a little bit dry (it's matte, let's get that straight) but a little lip balm will do the trick, let it nourish your lips, and then apply!

Top Rated NARS Products