December 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by PrincessJeanie

The chubby pencil is great for applying colour with precision (with lipsticks, I always have to use a brush). Dragon Girl is a vibrant cherry red and is gorgeous for brightening up the face. I have very dry lips but surprisingly, for a matte pencil, I do not finding it drying at all (I do apply a bit of lip balm beforehand). And the staying power is much better than other lipsticks I've tried (e.g. Chanel Coco Rouge).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mdemariah

I believe this is one of the many NARS velvet matte lip pencils I'll buy from now on, but this colour is absolutely beautiful, you can either apply it lightly with some balm (it looks like a stain), with or without balm, and with a higher intensity or not (which is quite good, since you don't always want BRIGHT RED LIPS).
On the other hand, NARS products tend to be more or less expensive, but I must say it's worth the splurge. However, I must warn you: these lip pencils are quite addictive, and you might end up buying the whole collection (like i'm tempted to).
I think this colour is perfect, specially for those with fair skin, since it makes your lips pop, and it's a perfect spring and summer colour.
It can be a little bit dry (it's matte, let's get that straight) but a little lip balm will do the trick, let it nourish your lips, and then apply!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by nicadele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in luv with this color, as is my husband!! Very lucious and pin-up, but not your average red shade. Perfect for when you want to shutdown your inner wallflower, cuz heads will turn when you wear this shade. On my fair, cool-toned skin with auburn hair, it appears an orrangish-red shade. Normally I would think "yuck, no way" but it is gorgeous va-va-voom. And very versatile. You can use it as just a lip liner or color in your lips. You control the pigmentation by using a light hand or building the color on your lips. Love that it is matte, and sometimes I add a clear gloss (Nars Triple X) to make it look more dewy. Even when you wipe it off, the stain still looks gorgeous, not messy and dried out like most lip matte colors or stains. Outstanding! And my new HG for a glamourous night out. I'm over the washedout pinkies and light pastels now that make your lips look the same color as your chin only shinier ...look out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy wow.
I cannot begin to sing my praises about this product enough.
This is a true blue based cherry red with a pink tone that, while is very bright, is amazingly pretty and brings out your facial features.
I am no stranger to bright coloured lips but I was rather surprised at how vibrant this colour was.
The great thing I have to note about this pencil which is its selling point is the lasting power. Where to start? I was wearing this at 10am this morning. It is now 4pm in the afternoon and it has not moved. Not even faded! It does not bleed and is a lovely velvety matte. I did not even wear a lipliner with this baby and it hasn't feathered It does not feel like you are wearing anything and the best part is that it does not dry out my lips, even being a matte.
The chubby pencil might not be everyone's idea of practical but with the right sharpener and making sure the cap is on tight, you have one very wearable and easy to apply red lipstick. How amazing. I really did not expect this much from a matte pencil but will definately be repurchasing and recommending.

It is however very expensive for 2.4g of product- a whopping AUD$50!!!!
However, due to how little you have to apply and how long this lasts I think it is a good investment and will continue to purchase over and over. I can now wear a red lip without having to worry about constant maintenance, yay!!! Absolute love <3
EDIT: the 'lead' of this lipstick pencil somehow broke at the base of the pencil and slid right out the top! This caught me by surprise. Cmon nars, if you're gonna charge me that much for a pencil at least make it sturdy! One lippy off for this, as i can still use it as long as i don't turn it upside down

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip pencil. I always wanted to wear red lips, but never wanted to invest in something I thought I'd only wear occasionally. So I ended up with a bunch of drugstore reds that never got worn because they just smudged and faded all over the place. I'm so glad I finally caved and got this. Its definitely a loud vibrant red. When I apply a light layer as a stain it looks sort of bright pink. The pencil packaging is so convenient. I apply it on moisturized lips straight from the pencil. No lip liners or brushes to worry about, great for touch ups throughout the day. But you won't have to touch up much. This stuff really stays put. I love this for cocktail parties because it will leave zero color on those clean shiny glasses (I hate carrying around a glass covered in garish red lipstick stains). You can eat and drink without being paranoid your lips have become a disaster. It somehow just evenly fades to a nice stain. Its so low maintenance I've found myself wearing it on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Joke

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This red lipstick looks amazing on my NW20 skin. I get compliments on it often. It's a slightly orange bright red that makes the white in your teeth pop. Because it's matte and because of the formulation, the color lasts forever and doesn't bleed. Also, because it's in pencil form, it's easy to apply. I do recommend using a lipliner just to get the edges perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by pierangeliwit

This is my favorite lipstick ever. Its like a pencil but its thicker. It has a matte finish and it lasts for sooo long. The color its the perfect red. Its really easy to put on because is a pencil so you can define your lips pretty nicely. On the bad side 24$ is kinda expensive for a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Beautiful color. One of my favs. Bright cherry red. This is a true matte which I'm really happy about. Usually when a product is labeled as matte I'm skeptical, cause a lot of the time it turns out to be semi-matte with a sheen to it. This has the texture of a l/l. If you've ever filled in your lips with a l/l, that's exactly how this looks and feels. The only downside is the price, because you don't get much product for the price. The pencil looks long at first, but quickly wears down every time you sharpen. By like a lot. So I gave this a 2 for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by PopHarlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a truly stunning colour and I love the soft texture - however, like some reviewers below, I wish this were a lipstick rather than a pencil. It wears down quickly and doesn't fit into most normal cosmetic sharpeners, meaning I had to buy a NARS one :). For these reasons i had to take a lippie off, but I must reiterate the colour is amazing. I also have Cruella in the same range, and it too is beautiful.