October 21, 2014 | 835 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip pencil. I always wanted to wear red lips, but never wanted to invest in something I thought I'd only wear occasionally. So I ended up with a bunch of drugstore reds that never got worn because they just smudged and faded all over the place. I'm so glad I finally caved and got this. Its definitely a loud vibrant red. When I apply a light layer as a stain it looks sort of bright pink. The pencil packaging is so convenient. I apply it on moisturized lips straight from the pencil. No lip liners or brushes to worry about, great for touch ups throughout the day. But you won't have to touch up much. This stuff really stays put. I love this for cocktail parties because it will leave zero color on those clean shiny glasses (I hate carrying around a glass covered in garish red lipstick stains). You can eat and drink without being paranoid your lips have become a disaster. It somehow just evenly fades to a nice stain. Its so low maintenance I've found myself wearing it on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Joke

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This red lipstick looks amazing on my NW20 skin. I get compliments on it often. It's a slightly orange bright red that makes the white in your teeth pop. Because it's matte and because of the formulation, the color lasts forever and doesn't bleed. Also, because it's in pencil form, it's easy to apply. I do recommend using a lipliner just to get the edges perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by pierangeliwit

This is my favorite lipstick ever. Its like a pencil but its thicker. It has a matte finish and it lasts for sooo long. The color its the perfect red. Its really easy to put on because is a pencil so you can define your lips pretty nicely. On the bad side 24$ is kinda expensive for a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Beautiful color. One of my favs. Bright cherry red. This is a true matte which I'm really happy about. Usually when a product is labeled as matte I'm skeptical, cause a lot of the time it turns out to be semi-matte with a sheen to it. This has the texture of a l/l. If you've ever filled in your lips with a l/l, that's exactly how this looks and feels. The only downside is the price, because you don't get much product for the price. The pencil looks long at first, but quickly wears down every time you sharpen. By like a lot. So I gave this a 2 for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by PopHarlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a truly stunning colour and I love the soft texture - however, like some reviewers below, I wish this were a lipstick rather than a pencil. It wears down quickly and doesn't fit into most normal cosmetic sharpeners, meaning I had to buy a NARS one :). For these reasons i had to take a lippie off, but I must reiterate the colour is amazing. I also have Cruella in the same range, and it too is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

I tried this lip pencil in Sephora and my sister commented on how good it looked on me. By the way, my sister hardly compliments me on my makeup. So, I knew I had to buy it right away.

I love the texture of the lip pencil, very creamy. It glides on easily and only a little is required for the pigment to show on my lips. Even though it looks intimidating at first, it is rather sheer and soft.

I have a fair-to-medium asian skin tone and so far this is the most flattering shade of red I had ever tried. It's not too drying or too pigmented.

It is pricey at $24 but I think this is a good investment.
Very convenient and easier to apply compared to normal lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PSYC_D

This is the most flattering red I've ever used. With out fail it always brightens me up, which I love. Its basically a matt blue based red lip colour and it easily blends. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lpaige74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is gorgeous. The guy at Sephora recommended it and at first i didn't trust him but it's a beautiful red. However, i have to return it because i wish it were a regular lipstick tube. It costs $20 and it seems like it wears down faster. I'll stick to Mac Ruby Woo.

I'm giving it 4 starts only because it should be a lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up from Nordstroms and OMG.. I LOVE THIS RED! I wear alot of classic reds and at first I thought it was going to be too bright but then I decided to try it for the heck of it.. WOW.. its perfect on my tan skin! Its not pink.. and looks like a true cherry red on me.

I tried this on this morning and I have had a burger, soda, cupcake and a salad.. and it hasnt budged! It dosent dry my lips out and im lovin it!