September 2, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This red lipstick looks amazing on my NW20 skin. I get compliments on it often. It's a slightly orange bright red that makes the white in your teeth pop. Because it's matte and because of the formulation, the color lasts forever and doesn't bleed. Also, because it's in pencil form, it's easy to apply. I do recommend using a lipliner just to get the edges perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by pierangeliwit

This is my favorite lipstick ever. Its like a pencil but its thicker. It has a matte finish and it lasts for sooo long. The color its the perfect red. Its really easy to put on because is a pencil so you can define your lips pretty nicely. On the bad side 24$ is kinda expensive for a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Beautiful color. One of my favs. Bright cherry red. This is a true matte which I'm really happy about. Usually when a product is labeled as matte I'm skeptical, cause a lot of the time it turns out to be semi-matte with a sheen to it. This has the texture of a l/l. If you've ever filled in your lips with a l/l, that's exactly how this looks and feels. The only downside is the price, because you don't get much product for the price. The pencil looks long at first, but quickly wears down every time you sharpen. By like a lot. So I gave this a 2 for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by PopHarlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a truly stunning colour and I love the soft texture - however, like some reviewers below, I wish this were a lipstick rather than a pencil. It wears down quickly and doesn't fit into most normal cosmetic sharpeners, meaning I had to buy a NARS one :). For these reasons i had to take a lippie off, but I must reiterate the colour is amazing. I also have Cruella in the same range, and it too is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

I tried this lip pencil in Sephora and my sister commented on how good it looked on me. By the way, my sister hardly compliments me on my makeup. So, I knew I had to buy it right away.

I love the texture of the lip pencil, very creamy. It glides on easily and only a little is required for the pigment to show on my lips. Even though it looks intimidating at first, it is rather sheer and soft.

I have a fair-to-medium asian skin tone and so far this is the most flattering shade of red I had ever tried. It's not too drying or too pigmented.

It is pricey at $24 but I think this is a good investment.
Very convenient and easier to apply compared to normal lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PSYC_D

This is the most flattering red I've ever used. With out fail it always brightens me up, which I love. Its basically a matt blue based red lip colour and it easily blends. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lpaige74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is gorgeous. The guy at Sephora recommended it and at first i didn't trust him but it's a beautiful red. However, i have to return it because i wish it were a regular lipstick tube. It costs $20 and it seems like it wears down faster. I'll stick to Mac Ruby Woo.

I'm giving it 4 starts only because it should be a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up from Nordstroms and OMG.. I LOVE THIS RED! I wear alot of classic reds and at first I thought it was going to be too bright but then I decided to try it for the heck of it.. WOW.. its perfect on my tan skin! Its not pink.. and looks like a true cherry red on me.

I tried this on this morning and I have had a burger, soda, cupcake and a salad.. and it hasnt budged! It dosent dry my lips out and im lovin it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing texture. it's a nice matte that doesnt feel drying at all. staying power is great. the color is very pigmented, one light stroke already gives amazing color pay off
i really love these pencils, the formula is genius.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ainsleym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite red lipstick. Beautiful texture, stays put for hours and is a real show stopper, especially if you have a decent lip size. Not for shrinking voilets but if you want to wow this is a winner. Go get!