The Body Shop born lippy - strawberry

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Fragaria vesca (Strawberry Extract), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Linalool, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140, CI 15850.

on 1/21/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me begin by saying, I love The Body Shops strawberry scents. This stuff smells stong of artificial strawberry in the container. It comes in a little pot, and it is a pretty pink color. When applied it deposits a pink hue to my lips. The strong scent of strawberry seems to dissipate when applied. Doesn't really do much for my lips though, it just feels like a thick greasy coating. Wears off rather quickly also. I had high hopes for this one, but doesn't work for me. Will not repurchase this again.

on 11/7/2009 4:17:00 PM

This iis my favorite born lippy besides watermelon. They are definitely tied! I love using these balms during the summer time because they seem so yummy and summery. I discovered the watermelon which was my first born lippy. But when my boyfriend and I were out and about I forgot my chapstick at home so we went to the body shop and he bought the strawberry one for me. I love how it looks on my lips, perfect tint I think. I am so sad because I just ran out. It's ok because during this time is year (fall and winter) I use C.O. Bigelow mentha matte lip balm stick (black tube), because I love peppermint. I will definitely repurchase... Idk maybe my boyfriend will happen to buy me another when we are out and about during the spring.... he loves the smell of this stuff also! It's so yummy and mouth watering. My favorite lip line besides C.O. Bigelow... (course if my lips are real bad I use medicated chapstick....chapstick brand) I love this and recommend this highly as a gloss, or to keep the windy day off.

on 10/30/2009 12:24:00 AM

I love the smell of this, it is amazing!! Smells like candy to me. The thing is, the colour isn't what I prefer, I like lighter colours in a pinky tone. Also, I don't like the fact that this comes in a tub instead of a tube. I don't like touching the product with my fingers. Otherwise though, it's a great lip balm for everyday. Smells amazing!

on 10/3/2009 10:46:00 AM

I don't use this so much as a balm, but a sheer lip stain. Looks very natural with my lip color, and just adds a pop of color. The taste is yummy too!

on 10/3/2009 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, I will be honest, it's not that great of a lip balm. I only bought it, and will buy it again because of the lovely strawberry scent, and it lightly tints my lips when I forget to bring a lipstick.

on 8/28/2009 10:42:00 AM

mmmmmm so strawberrylicious!!! yum yum. smells good. tastes good. i want to eat it, and so does everyone who is near me when i open it and put it on. it left a nice slight red tint on my lips. people have been rating this according to whether it is moisturizing (which it isn't) but im rating it in accordance to the fact that it is fantastic to hook up wearing it!! i heart this lip balm. i think im addicted to smelling it tho.... lol. and im addicting to eating it. i sat through a whole law lecture reapplying it and liking it off over and over again. why can't you be cheaper tho!!!!????

I love this stuff, I must have three of these. I love the look of bright red lips but hate heavy, drying lipsticks. This is my compromise... a sheer red lip balm that gives a nice pop of colour. I find this stays on for a while if you leave it alone, but it won't last through eating or drinking. It's a decent moisturizer as well. Love the strawberry smell.

on 4/8/2009 8:12:00 AM

1 word for this product, Fabulous!
It has a sweet scent of strawberry and sweet.Can you imagine smelling the smell of sweetness every scond. It's like lollipop cum sugar. It also gives you a nice pinky lips but for me, it turn out bright pinky-red because my lips are naturally born pink-red. It doesn't feel sticky or gluey, you'll just feel like TOTAL SWEETNESS. Sometimes I just feel like kissing myself. SWEAR!

on 2/1/2009 3:34:00 AM

This is an okay lip balm. I find that it doesn't last very long, and I usually have reapply every two hours or so. The good thing is that it goes on smoothly, and leaves a subtle shine, which is just perfect for me. It smells awesome (as do all the others), and the pricing is pretty cheap. The packaging makes it compact enough to fit into my tiniest clutches or wristlets while leaving lots of room for my other necessities. Definitely would repurchase this, but since I'm a little adventurous with my makeup, I am going to try a different lip balm next time.

on 12/3/2008 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros: Fricking gorgeous smell.. it's so good trust me you'll wanna eat it xD the colour is pretty, packaged nicely

Cons: Seems to dry out my lips sometimes, Colour wipes off pretty easily

It's not brilliant value for money but it smells good and looks nice. All you need to do is put on some Vaseline afterwards and your lips will feel and look beautiful.

Popular Lip Glosses