Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.2

on 5/6/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my one only shimmerbrick. I have been using the Rose off and on for over 5 years when I want a special touch. In fact, I wore it on my wedding day. I use the BB kabuki brush to apply on my cheeks. Adds just the right balance of soft color and shimmer on my NC 42 WRF 6 complexion.

on 2/27/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is cute, so far. I've always used more goldeny-type highliters but this time wanted to go for a rosy one, and this is one is just about as rosy as it gets. Not really a daytime highliter, but very nice for night. I put it on my cheekbone right above the apples of my cheeks, but I will still use a more goldeny highliter for the bridge of my nose and temples.

on 2/26/2010 8:57:00 PM

This is my second shimmer brick--I also own the copper diamond which I adored so I decided to p/u another one. I got the set at QVC that comes with a brush. I love the brush--though I use it with my BB bronzing powder rather than the shimmer brick. I prefer a stippling brush for the shimmer bricks.

This is a great color to use as a blush as well as a highlighter. I also use the individual strips of color in both of my shimmer bricks as e/s--especially as a brow highlight e/s.

I probably love this as much for the packaging and it just being an ooooo ahhhh pretty product--but nevertheless I enjoy it. It will last me for ages, so I doubt I will need to repurchase for a long time.

on 2/10/2010 5:20:00 PM

Swapped for this on a whim, and I'm glad, because it's a great product! Previous reviewers are correct in that this is generally too pink to use as just a highlighter, but it's a beautiful subtle highlighting blush. Not glittery or shiny, just a lovely glow and flush. I'm pretty fair (NW20) and this is perfect for me. Adore.

on 2/3/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have wanted this product for so long I got this at a bargin price which make it even better, wow wow wow this look amazing I have had so many complements since wearing this and my gorgeous sheer glow foundation it cant get better than this I am hocked bobbi brown has done it again what would we do without her :~)

on 1/7/2010 8:27:00 PM

I am a big blush junkie and this has to be by far one of my favorite. Even though BB shimmer bricks are suppose to be highlighters, this is definitely pigmented enough to be used as a blush on my MUFE HD118 skin. The product has 1 white stripe and 4 different pink/rose colored strips. I like to use my stila 24 brush (on the pointy/flat side) to gentle tap on the product and swipe across my cheeks.
The reason I love is blush is simple, it gives me the innocent, just got asked to the prom by the cutest boy at school kind of flush. It makes me want to wear a cute white sundress and burst out in song! And that, ladies, is worth the shimmer brick's weight in gold!

on 10/3/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just couldn't get past the fact that it really emphasized my pores. I never felt pretty after using it, which is the opposite of what makeup is supposed to do. I can see this working more for a cooler complexion, but for my Fair/Med skin it just didn't look right. The packaging is also humongous.

on 9/23/2009 12:25:00 AM

This gives me back a little of the look I had when I was a teenager and in love with a new boy every week.

I wasn’t into Shimmer Bricks when I first started my collection from Bobbi Brown, and I really didn’t think that my cheeks were all that important. I always emphasized my good skin and eyes (They’re large and sultry looking). Blush and especially highlighters were always hard for me with fair skin so I used the lightest most neutral colors on my cheeks.

I saw this Shimmer Brick on QVC. It was a good deal, and came with a mini Face Blender Brush, so I thought I’d give it a try to see what all the fuss was about. The Rose color seemed safe, but I was very skeptical.

I received it in the mail, and it wasn’t anything like I imagined. Whenever I had used shimmer before…it was always too shiney (have always hated shiney), too cutesy, or made me look like I was trying way too hard. The Rose Shimmer Brick just gives me a pretty glow, quite a bit of color (can wear it with or without blush), and well…it makes me look a little happier.

I don’t feel that any of the Shimmer Bricks are a necessity, but they certainly are a wonderful accessory. And the colors in the Rose SB can be used on the eyes (individually or a subtle swipe of all the colors) if I wear a dark liner. People always comment on how pretty I look when I wear my Rose SB and that always makes me feel good:)

on 9/15/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the exclusive they had on Cathay Pacific so my shimmer brick also came with a lip palette, and lip brush & blush brush. It was a good deal in general. Mine also shattered in my suitcase and now i have blush particles all over my lip particles. The good thing is that they blush piece is on the bottom and lip piece is on the top so it doesn't get too messy.

I love the pink shimmer it leaves on my cheeks!! I use it mostly as a blush and I use the lighter parts as a highlighter.

on 8/18/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love shimmer so I don't think that this blush is too shimmery as a blush. It is a beautiful blush for me for both day and night. I also have the Platinum Pink and Pink Shimmer bricks. My Pink shimmer brick broke into pieces when I dropped it on my counter. These products are super fragile!