October 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

I've tried several different gel liner brushes and I really like this one. If I could improve on it at all, I would make it just a little bit stiffer for better control, but of all the liner brushes I've tried, it is the one I reach for the most.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

applies however u want it to come out .. thick thin angled or not good results regardless :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my all time favorite eyeliner brush. It applies my gel liners super thin or thick depending on how I wear it... The quality of the brush is great and I have yet to see a hair shed out of the brush. It's great and last forever. I've had mine for about 2 years now and even got a backup too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 89prettyinpink

I bought this brush to use with my Fluidlines, however I was expecting a brush that would give me nice thin lines...Sadly this brush gives me lines too thick, close to when I use the 266 (except my 266 is fabulous!) I never use this brush anymore, I always opt for the 266. Don't get this if you're looking to create thin lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Normally I use MAC 266 for my fluidline, but I need a firmer more precise tip So after rave reviews, I purchased the 209. I use this with Fluidline and it works very well. much better than the 266, I have to admit. but I had so much trouble achieving the winged look when I used the 266, not with the 209. I just use a bit of product and I achieve that fine line that I love. This gives a much better and precise control which works well with my shaky hands syndrome. I would definately buy this again, actually I will when the MAC friends and family sale rolls around...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I own two of these. That should give you an idea of how much I love and use this brush.

The tip is just right for lining of any type... Cat lines, tightline or simple definition.

It is cut perfectly and there is no shedding. It is one of the few MAC brushes which has not given me any grief.

I use this for myself and for my clients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Generally I use high quality artist brushes rather than makeup brushes but I needed something with a firmer tip than I could find in the art supply store. So I purchased the 209. I use this with Fluidline and it works wonderfully. I had used the slant brush 266, but I had a lot of trouble at the corners getting the very slight winged look. So I figured I would try the 209....wonderful. I can use very little product and get a very fine line or use more on the brush and get a much thicker line. I think this brush gives way more precise control than the 266 brush since I have trouble with shaky hands.

I will buy another one of these to have a back up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this to use along with my Fluidline and Im really not too happy with it. I find it hard to use, maybe someone more skilled in the art of eyeliner would have an easier time with it? Also when I got mine one of the hairs was sticking out off to the side and it really bugged me and I thought it would go away after washing it. It didnt, its still there and Im probably going to end up snipping it off just because its annoying. I wish I would have gotten a different brush, somedays my eyeliner looks ok with this brush and other days it just looks terrible. IDK. I much prefer a slanted brush, I find them to be so much easier to use. I actually got a set of the Sigma brushes and It came with two liner brushes one similar to the 209 and a slanted one. I prefer the sigma ss209 to the real 209.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by margyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac brush and I'm loving it with fluidline.

I think if you don't have a steady hand, you'll need to practice a little more. Those of you who have already been wearing makeup/eyeliner for a long time should have to problem. Also, those of you who are visual artists (with paint, pencil, etc.), you've already developed a steady hand, and thus you could probably use this no problem.

My eyes are creaseless, so lining my eyes with super-THIN lines just disappear when I open my eyes and reappear when I close them. This brush allows me to line my eyes thick enough so that the line shows when my eyes are open. I can easily flick the brush outward to create a cat's eye. I can also line my eyes really close to my lower lashes..VERY thinly. Of course, with this brush, a stead hand=ability to make thinner lines

I have a pretty steady hand, so I'm lovin this brush over the 210 liner brush (which takes more times and strokes to create thicker lines)

EDIT:
Swapped away. Nothing special about this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loveeee this brush! I use this all the time with my blacktrack fluidline. With steady hands you can create the most precise line possible. If you want thickness, just put the brush sideways for it's thickness. Unlike the 210, it's more firm to use as an eyeliner brush (IMO).