April 24, 2014 | 975 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG!!!This is all I can say since Iīve being using this wonderful product. Itīs smoothing and plumping long lasting effect itīs just amazing, and the rose scent is lovely intoxicating.
It can be used as a lipbalm, under/over lipstick or as lips/cuticles treatment, and it gives a gorgeous nude creamy pink touch to your lips.
Itīs expensive, yes, but we are talking about a 0.35 oz jar what makes a reasonable price.
This is one of those must have that really makes the difference so, have a try and you wonīt regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jenyang10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been on the hunt for a great lip treatment that I wouldnt have to re apply CONSTANTLY i decided to dish out the dough on this. My lips were so chapped and dry to the point i was desperate. Its definately worth the money. I slap on a layer of it at night, and a few times through out the day and my lips have been significantly better. FINALLY! The only problem is the packaging. The size of it isnt exactly "put in your pocket" friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

When I first bought this I was SO disappointed, I really didnt think that it did anything other than give me a neutral lip gloss sheen to my lips, with slightly moisturising properties, but nothing to write home about.

I am glad that I waited two weeks before reviewing as I definitely think that you need to consistently use this product to get the full effect. I have always got quite dry lips and I can really tell a massive difference. The major con is the smell/taste - its a very overwhelming Rose (which I know is the key ingredient) BUT it does take a lot of getting used to and really makes me just think 'old ladies' but hey ho am even getting past this now. I love the glossy finish it gives and I think I will be repurchasing this when it runs out... just hope that isn't too soon as it is quite expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dreamybutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very expensive! I bought this expecting it to be amazing but it was such a disappointment. Feels great on lips, has nice texture and smell and lasts a long time on lips. However once it has worn off, my lips feel drier than ever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this based on a review by lollipop26...LOVE HER!!!! However, I do not believe this worth all the $$$$$. This is the most expensive lip balm EVER (most expensive I've purchased). The scent/taste, though most say it doesn't have a taste, I taste it...takes some getting used to but it's a pretty smell. As far as making my lips ridiculously smooth, moist, luscious, and a great overnight treatment...nah not really. It's nice when it's on but once it's off, my lips are DRIER then before I used this product!!! IDK...maybe I need use for a while to get all the benefits. Not too crazy about the pot but whatever. The good thing is a tiny bit goes a long way and I will be using this wisely since it cost a small fortune. I do not believe I will be repurchasing.

EDIT! The more I use this the drier my lips become :( Just doesn't work with my chemistry I guess...waste of $ for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm finally writing a review on this- I'm on my third pot I believe? Of all my makeup or skincare items I own, I can honestly say that this is my MOST PRIZED POSESSION- Not because it is the priciest, but because I can NOT live without this. I will not. If I am ever to be homeless on the street, I will have nothing, but I will still have beautiful, plumped-with-moisture, gorgeous pampered lips, thanks to Baume de Rose!

This is one of those items that most people think "I would never pay $65 for a LIP BALM, but then when they try it out, they will fall in love and become a COMPLETE SLAVE to it just as I have (and many others I have read here). If you haven't tried it, don't laugh at people who pay the price for this- You would do the same if you knew how wonderful it is!

It really is the best one out there. And, like I typically do, I try just about every other one out there that can be considered "comparable". Rosebud Salve is just "OK" (Before trying BdR, I thought Rosebud Salve was amazing). Dior Creme de Rose is pretty good, but just not as emollient as By Terry's. FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment was just "meh", felt like chapstick almost but a little better quality. Sara Happ Lip Slip is another one which isn't too bad, but it's a little on the sticky side. La Mer Lip Balm does not hold a candle to Baume de Rose- it's like a hard, round tin of Burts Bees. NO GOOD. I even tried one by Givenchy which was not worth mentioning, IMO.

The gorgeous jar is made of heavy frosted glass with a shiny gold screw-top lid. Feels quite substantial. It smells lightly of Roses of course, but there is no taste or over-bearing scent (and I am very sensitive to taste and scent in lip products). It makes lips so shiny but not in a greasy way. It's more in a very balmy, emollient way. It just feels SO GOOD ON!! It seems to realy sink into the lips. It seems to moisturize to the point that your lips feel fuller. Goes on color-less for the most part, with a slight sheen of milky pale pink, not pigmented though, but since it's so moisturizing, it does make your lips look like PERFECTION.

UPDATE- I've been using this over a year and am just still so in love with it. No other lip balm/conditioner will do. Honestly. I'd go to the ends of the earth for this stuff. It drowns my lips in moisture!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Fionalaw229

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply divine. The smell is amazing and it is such a luxurious treatment for your lips. I keep it on my bedside table and use it every evening and every morning after washing. During the day, I reach for my elizabeth arden 8 hour cream - more purse friendly and also a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best! If you hesitate between the pot and the applicator bottle: go for the pot, the tube is (unfortunately) too goopy and runs. I'm so unfaithful* to this product and yet always return to it because it works best for me. It also gives a shiny, dewy rose finish that I really love. Also ideal as pre-lipstick treatment: just apply 5 min's before application and blot, lips are soft and well-prepared.
It's expensive and a glass pot is hardly the easiest package, but if you consider it as a beauty/night time table item, it will last you a good while. If you like this but want something similar yet slightly cheaper and easier to carry on, I'd recommend the Rubinstein Collagenist Lip balm.
*lip treatments that I've used and didn't quite measure up: LaMer lipbalm, Hauschka stick, Yes to Carrots, Labello/Nivea, Carmex, Rosebud Salve ...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by sugahxpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a few things:

1. YES, this product works. It is NOT a ridiculously expensive pot of crappy Vaseline with a rose. You only need a small amount and it feels very nourishing on the lips and they look/feel hydrated for hours afterwards.

2. If anyone is wondering how it compares to the DIOR Creme de Rose, unfortunately the Baume de Rose wins hands down. The Creme is goopier, thicker and much more of a barrier rather than a real hydrating treatment.

3. If you have been thinking about this product for months and still want it, like me, go for it. You won't find a substitute. Treat it not as a lip balm but a TREATMENT for your lips/cuticles and it can even be used under the eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by silversweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to have chronically dry, cracked lips but no longer! I have been using Baume de Rose lip balm for about six months now and the improvement in my lips is fantastic!

I mostly use it as a night treatment (it is very expensive) so the pot I have is still going, making it worth the price.

I will definitely re-purchase, this my HG lip product.