September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

I have suffered from constant cracked and peeling lips forever. Recently I started a new job where I am in aircon all day and this caused my skin and lips to become SO dry! I have always wanted to buy this balm, but was convinced I could find something way way cheaper that would work just as well without the $100 AUD price tag. I have tried pretty much every lip balm on the market (paw paw cream, blistex, carmex, maybelline, N3, 8hr cream, chapstick, avene) and NOTHING worked........so I caved and bought this. I felt guilty and a bit shamed for the the first day cos I had blown $100 bucks on a lipbalm which is pretty silly - but by the end of second day of applying this MY LIPS ARE NO LONGER DRY. NO FLAKING. NO CRACKING. I CAN APPLY LIPSTICK. AMAZING. If you have the cash and really want it buy it, you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i didn't have a real problem with dry lips before... i usually put on some lip balm (blistex) after i brush my teeth, or lip gloss. but then i was breaking out a lot so my doctor put me on accutane for 4 months... and altho it did wonders to my skin, my nails hair and espcially my LIPS were VERY VERY dry. my lips were so dry that the regular chapsticks wouldn't do squat to moisturize. it felt like just adding a layer of wax on top of my lips, but did nothing to soothe the actual dryness. the medicated blistex worked a bit better, it soothed th dryness immediately when i applied it, but after 10 minutes it was gone, and my lips were completely dried out and peeling after. my lips were SO dry that i had sores on the side of my mouth from cracked skin, so bad that i could barely open my mouth to eat anything.

then i heard about this lip balm and how wonderful it was. the price was crazy, but people keep saying its worth it. even on Ebay you can't find it for a cheaper price, and if does bid, the closing bid is pretty close to the actual price because people like it so much. so today i went to Sephora and tried the tester... and WOW. not only was the color gorgeous (very feminine and pretty... like a pink opal), it smelled wonderful too (rose scented), and it relieved my dry lips without feeling sticky like gloss. the real test was how long it would last. well, it lasted thru my shopping trip, (2hrs) and i also ate fajitas tonite, and altho the color dissapeared, i cuold talk normally and eat normally without the corners of my lips cracking! so thats about 3-4hrs, including a meal, of not havingto constantly apply blistex to my lips. i think its worth the price and im gonna get my grubby little hands on a pot ASAP!

UPDATE: whenever i stop using this, my lips get cracked and peely again within a day or two..(that damn accutane!!) i guess the only downside (other than the price) is that it's as addictive as crack. i wont use anything else on my lips anymore...

oh, by the way, if u're pregnant, u might want to pass on this lipbalm soley on the fact that the smell will make u wanna barf. otherwise, it smells great. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by tntntn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's lovely. It smells beautiful and makes your lips super-soft.

However, lots of things smell beautiful and Blistex Relief Cream also makes your lips super-soft.

I think this is a true luxury. It's a lovely treat for yourself if you have a spare Ģ30, and a beautiful thing to have in your handbag.

Is it worth the money? Of course not. There's no lip balm on the planet worth more than $20, really. But lots of lovely things aren't really worth the money - I'd file this in the same category as Diptyque candles, Laduree macaroons, Smythson notebooks...

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Lannie00

such a waste of money. doesnt do anything. i wouldnt pay $100 aus dollars for something that puts a bit of shine to my lips for half an hour and nothing else. reviews seem positive so i bought this because my lips are always dry. saved up and what a disappointment. the tinge of pink doesnt even show on my lips and certainly doesnt moisturise. the maybelline baby lips is 100x better than this stuff and is under $4. this is such a waste of money i could have bought a pair of nice heels. seriously, this stuff doesnt do anything for me! the cheaper the better.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG!!!This is all I can say since Iīve being using this wonderful product. Itīs smoothing and plumping long lasting effect itīs just amazing, and the rose scent is lovely intoxicating.
It can be used as a lipbalm, under/over lipstick or as lips/cuticles treatment, and it gives a gorgeous nude creamy pink touch to your lips.
Itīs expensive, yes, but we are talking about a 0.35 oz jar what makes a reasonable price.
This is one of those must have that really makes the difference so, have a try and you wonīt regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jenyang10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been on the hunt for a great lip treatment that I wouldnt have to re apply CONSTANTLY i decided to dish out the dough on this. My lips were so chapped and dry to the point i was desperate. Its definately worth the money. I slap on a layer of it at night, and a few times through out the day and my lips have been significantly better. FINALLY! The only problem is the packaging. The size of it isnt exactly "put in your pocket" friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

When I first bought this I was SO disappointed, I really didnt think that it did anything other than give me a neutral lip gloss sheen to my lips, with slightly moisturising properties, but nothing to write home about.

I am glad that I waited two weeks before reviewing as I definitely think that you need to consistently use this product to get the full effect. I have always got quite dry lips and I can really tell a massive difference. The major con is the smell/taste - its a very overwhelming Rose (which I know is the key ingredient) BUT it does take a lot of getting used to and really makes me just think 'old ladies' but hey ho am even getting past this now. I love the glossy finish it gives and I think I will be repurchasing this when it runs out... just hope that isn't too soon as it is quite expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dreamybutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very expensive! I bought this expecting it to be amazing but it was such a disappointment. Feels great on lips, has nice texture and smell and lasts a long time on lips. However once it has worn off, my lips feel drier than ever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this based on a review by lollipop26...LOVE HER!!!! However, I do not believe this worth all the $$$$$. This is the most expensive lip balm EVER (most expensive I've purchased). The scent/taste, though most say it doesn't have a taste, I taste it...takes some getting used to but it's a pretty smell. As far as making my lips ridiculously smooth, moist, luscious, and a great overnight treatment...nah not really. It's nice when it's on but once it's off, my lips are DRIER then before I used this product!!! IDK...maybe I need use for a while to get all the benefits. Not too crazy about the pot but whatever. The good thing is a tiny bit goes a long way and I will be using this wisely since it cost a small fortune. I do not believe I will be repurchasing.

EDIT! The more I use this the drier my lips become :( Just doesn't work with my chemistry I guess...waste of $ for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm finally writing a review on this- I'm on my third pot I believe? Of all my makeup or skincare items I own, I can honestly say that this is my MOST PRIZED POSESSION- Not because it is the priciest, but because I can NOT live without this. I will not. If I am ever to be homeless on the street, I will have nothing, but I will still have beautiful, plumped-with-moisture, gorgeous pampered lips, thanks to Baume de Rose!

This is one of those items that most people think "I would never pay $65 for a LIP BALM, but then when they try it out, they will fall in love and become a COMPLETE SLAVE to it just as I have (and many others I have read here). If you haven't tried it, don't laugh at people who pay the price for this- You would do the same if you knew how wonderful it is!

It really is the best one out there. And, like I typically do, I try just about every other one out there that can be considered "comparable". Rosebud Salve is just "OK" (Before trying BdR, I thought Rosebud Salve was amazing). Dior Creme de Rose is pretty good, but just not as emollient as By Terry's. FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment was just "meh", felt like chapstick almost but a little better quality. Sara Happ Lip Slip is another one which isn't too bad, but it's a little on the sticky side. La Mer Lip Balm does not hold a candle to Baume de Rose- it's like a hard, round tin of Burts Bees. NO GOOD. I even tried one by Givenchy which was not worth mentioning, IMO.

The gorgeous jar is made of heavy frosted glass with a shiny gold screw-top lid. Feels quite substantial. It smells lightly of Roses of course, but there is no taste or over-bearing scent (and I am very sensitive to taste and scent in lip products). It makes lips so shiny but not in a greasy way. It's more in a very balmy, emollient way. It just feels SO GOOD ON!! It seems to realy sink into the lips. It seems to moisturize to the point that your lips feel fuller. Goes on color-less for the most part, with a slight sheen of milky pale pink, not pigmented though, but since it's so moisturizing, it does make your lips look like PERFECTION.

UPDATE- I've been using this over a year and am just still so in love with it. No other lip balm/conditioner will do. Honestly. I'd go to the ends of the earth for this stuff. It drowns my lips in moisture!!!