September 20, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for Dior Addict 821 "Smoky" lipstick. ( I think it may be listed under the "Be Iconic" category or something, as well.)

I have finally found an all-around great lipstick! This is very exciting, people!! lol I know it's really banal, but I have really, really looking for the MLBB for the longest time, and perhaps perhaps perhaps...but I need to wear it longer before I establish that- let's move on:

For the record and reference, I only have 4 other lipsticks (excluding duplicates of Chanel, because I bought 3 of the same color).
I love lipstick, but as I get older, it's just not as easy to wear certain colors and textures, for both my lips, and for my skin tone, which has gotten paler, and my teeth, which used to be whiter than white, and are still fine, but some colors make them look not-as-white as I'd like. I have bought and gotten rid of tons of lipsticks, these are the ones that remain:

-Chanel Allure in Obscure 137- for the serious red lip, going out, and also works great lightly blotted on. Makes teeth WHITE. Unless doing the blot-thing, it's not a "dash on" lipstick, however. Also can't be worn on naked skin (not on me, anyway) I bought backups of this, in case it's discontinued.

-Lancome Beige Silk- that's for my "no MU MU" look. Totally, because I can barely see it, lol.

-Shiseido SL3 (which was a gift ) I never, ever would have picked this out for myself, but it actually sortof works- but it's not, either, totally my style so I just put it on occasionally, because it's a nice lipstick.

-Bare Minerals Bread Pudding (hate the name)- I had actually relegated this to the "get rid of" pile ages ago, due to the weird smell, but that seems to have gotten better,so I brought it out again when I was sorting- I love how it feels, and it gives me lips a natural, bigger look, so it's back in the collection.

So those are my lipsticks.

SO! Dior!

For some reason I stopped and looked at the Dior display one day, and for some reason, I tried this lipstick. Right away I noticed something different about it (on me).Mainly, it gave me great lips, haha. I kept trying it, every time I could- and every time it looked great, in all lights, in, out, sunny, rainy, with my different outfits, with my skin, my teeth, my smile- I even did my hair a temporary shampoo-in red, and it looked nice with that! (I take forever to buy expensive things :))

But I bought it:)

PROS:
-The big one: It makes my lips look bigger and poutier- the way they used to look, actually! Oh my, thrilling!
-It's a "definite" color- you can really see it, but it doesn't have that painted-on-be-careful-about-the-edges quality to it-ie it's easy to apply. So it's got that much-coveted every day quality.
-It's pretty- it gives a pretty mouth, and smile. It makes teeth look white.
-Some people might not like this, but I do- it sortof adheres to the lip- not in a sticky way, but a dry way. (but not a bad dry way). I love this, because I don't like it when lipstick just "settles on the surface" and slides off once you lick your lips 3 times or nibble something carefully. No, this just sortof "becomes one" with the lips. Considering the price, I find this important.
- I can actually wear this with bare skin, and it's pretty.

Cons:
The cost/quantity ration- perhaps. This lipstick is a thinner cylinder than the other HE lipsticks, and it's an equal length...the only difference is that other, fatter lipsticks have a much wider,longer "point" and the Dior lipstick starts out with only the slightest slant to the tip- it's almost flat. So perhaps the difference in quantity is an illusion. Both a Chanel Allure lipstick and a Dior Addict have listed weights of "3.5 grams" but I'm not sure if that's the whole lipstick case, or just the product (I don't have a tiny scale :)) If it is indeed smaller, it shouldn't be, at this price.
- it doesn't last very long

UPDATE:

Sometimes this particular color can be a bit bright for- I think because we've gone into winter, and I'm very pale and my hair is darker...(and I'm more into lipstains in my-lip-color). I haven't been wearing this at all, but I'm sure that I will during the summer. However, its lasting power still isn't great, which is kindof a pain because I no longer reapply my makeup all the time- which means that often, with this lipstick, I'm lipstick-less

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has ruined me for cheapo lipstick. Someone gave me this in Singulière (sheer light pink) for my birthday, and I'd probably pick a more coral tone on my own, but the texture is fabulous. It does not stay on forever, but most lipsticks that do are terribly drying. This is moisturizing with no funky taste or smell. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in #333 (Nude), which is a medium peachy-pink beige with a hint of brown. On my pigmented lips and nc42 skin, it looks almost exactly like MAC's Seasonally Supreme l/s in Bare Again but more sheer. It has the same type of consistency which is buttery soft, smooth and glides on lips with ease. It also has the same glossy sheen. It has a barely discernible scent, almost none actually. It has no taste and doesn't dry out my lips. Because it's such a soft, creamy and glossy formula, staying power wasn't very long, topping off at 3hrs max without eating/drinking. I got this for $28 and for what it is, it's quite expensive. I feel like I paid more for the packaging (which is a lovely silver color with the Dior logo on the side) than I did for the lip product itself. Since MAC's Bare Again is a very close dupe and has a bit more pigment and coverage for half the price, I don't think I will be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have two of these lipsticks. They are really good quality, creamy, pigmented, moisturizing and they have a really lovely scent. The color range is amazing, there are many vibrant colorful shades to choose from. I love the packaging too. I do believe there are cheaper dupes out there though, for some reason NYX's Black label lipstick reminds me a lot of these. Don't get me wrong, they are good, but also quite easily ''replaceable''.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jod84

it's too exspensive for what it is..........it reminds me of a chap stick by the way it applys and it's so sheer and don't last long. i find my self wearing my nyx lipsticks more then this because the color pay off and price is so much better. i don't think i will buy any more dior lipsticks as the Quality don't cut it for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I purchased this in #566 Taffetas. It is a beautiful sheer hot pink. Just like others have said, it is a glossy lipstick that isn't sticky. Very pretty. After wearing a few times I realized that Boots carried a lipstick that felt the same as these. They are the sheer temptation lipsticks. I'm sure Dior colors are better, but if you are on a budget you could try those.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in 578 dior kiss. For my pigmented rosey-muave lips and south asian NC 25 skin, It's a gorgeous neutral bright medium pink. To me it seems quite pigmented (I much prefer semi sheer lipsticks). It's extremely moisturizing and gives my lips a nice juicy pout. Not to mention, my boyfriend who usually prefers rather neutral lips, loves this color on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in #750 Rock N Roll...pretty pink. Texture is nice. I like that its glossy and yet stays put. I was surprised by how well this stayed on. Too bad it dried the heck outta my lips. It feels moisturizing as you apply it, but by the end of day 1 my lips were all peel-y. Not good. :( So will not repurchase and as pretty as it is...its going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Reiyelcs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have #911 "Perfecto".

Packaging: quite sturdy, altough a bit bulky. Its color remind me a lot of nacre (mother of pearl).

Lipstick: The color looks burgundy in the tube, but being a bit sheer, swatched is more of a deep raspberry with medium opacity. The colour goes on smoothly without patchiness, and has a slightly glossy finish (like MAC lustres).
Very faint, almost undetectable sweet scent, no taste.
I find it moisturizing (but I usually don't have dry lips), and it lasts on me around 5 hours (I didn't use a lipliner and I didn't eat)

Price: I paid 25 euros, which is not bad for a high end lipstick (MAC lipsticks in my country cost 26 euros). In US they should cost around 28 dollars.

EDIT: I noticed that some reviews focused on the old version (blue packaging). Mine is about the 2011 collection (white packaging), so if there are any discrepancies, here's the reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lipstick I have been looking for for ages! An everyday nude (I bought 333 - nude) that does not make me look dead. I am very pale NC15 and nudes do not get on very well with me. This is the exception: the colour is a flesh pinky/beige that brights up my face. Very moisturising. Much better than Chanel that, compared to this, is rubbish! No scent and no taste. It goes with natural day look and with evenung smokey eyes. Not too sparkly or gloopy. Perfect. Highly recommended = this is a review of the new version with the silver packaging