Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/23/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG... This creme is thicker than any other body butter I've ever used, and as far as I'm concerned, Nivea doesn't charge nearly enough money for it. But shhh, don't tell them. ;) I buy the glass jar that is 13.5 oz, because it's only 50 cents more than the jar that's half its size. Why they do this, I don't know, especially since both sizes are next to each other and everyone older than 6 years old can understand how odd that is.
But anyhoo, I use this creme daily, and yet it still lasts me forever! I apply thin layers at a time, letting my skin soak it in before I rub on another layer. I love the fact that this is non greasy and leaves my skin feeling like satin. The only con I can think of is that the smell isn't my favorite. It's really not noticeable though, thank goodness. And another good thing is that it also comes in a little tin for traveling or testing it out. I'm pretty sure it's only a dollar, so not only is it super convenient, but you don't have to waste much money to see if you will like it. So there's my .02, hope it helps.

on 2/23/2015 9:59:00 PM

Nice cream, nice packaging, great price, but won't buy any more of it. I used it on my elbows when I was younger during a phase where they got really, really dry and dark. But nowdays I rarely use any cream, much less one as THICK as this one.

on 2/22/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm hesitant to write this review as I've only used it one time but the results were so fantastic that I'm throwing caution to the wind. I always used to see these cute blue tins of Nivea creme while I was abroad about 5 years ago- Nivea is extremely popular in the parts of Europe I was in, like Spain and Portugal. In retrospect I'm frustrated I never tried it while I was there since my skin had been crying for help! I recall my skin was at both times greasy and dry with a multitude of angry zits- I think it had been a combination of new food and stress acclimating to a new culture. Anyways, on to the present day. I had been noticing that my combination skin seemed lackluster and that there were faint lines around my eyes which had been irritating me the past few months. Rosehip oil did seem to help with the lines but the rest of my skin just seemed so...dull. I struggle with hormonal breakouts as my skin likes to throw a hissy fit every once in a while so I wasn't going to risk putting the rose hip oil on the rest of my face. Out of boredom I started searching MUA to see if there were any creams or moisturizers that could both hydrate my skin and NOT incite my skin into more rebellion. After seeing all the rave reviews of Nivea and of it's lengthy history, I decided I would try and purchased two of the tiny little tins.

At first I tried Vaseline since it is not comedogenic due to it's large molecule size and rarely creates allergic reactions. However because I used a fragranced variety, my skin started to itch and feel hot. I washed it off and instead put on a light amount of Nivea; I loved the thick consistency (like whipped shea butter) and it's floral/powdery scent. My partner also commented on the smell, stating that it reminded him of his childhood as his Portuguese grandmother would always use it. I woke up after a night of letting it soak on my face and let me say, I was very impressed- my skin appears more even toned, soft and even more amazingly, my dark circles appear fainter ( I have always had dark circles and had basically just given up hope that they could ever be remedied, chalking it up to bad genetics). Even a deep pimple that hadn't yet surfaced (sorry, gross description) seems to be less inflamed and is healing. The hyper-pigmentation from past acne marks seems to be so much lighter- and I had been using Concha de Nacar to lighten those and just one night of using Nivea did what 3 applications of that could do! I'll make sure to update my results after using this for a more extensive time period but I am very eager to just go purchase the large tub.

on 2/17/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've been using it on and off for years but now always have some in my handbag that gets frequent use while travelling due to the compact packaging and wide availability at a great price. I find it a bit heavy for facial use every day even though I have dry skin, so I often sheer it out with a little argan oil. This is the absolute best cream ever to use right after shaving to rehydrate skin. My legs definitely notice the difference if I use another moisturiser. It's also great to quench extra dry areas like knees and elbows. A little goes a long way and I love the thicker texture but the consistency does sometimes require you to massage it in if you've used too much. Also contrary to what some are saying, I find the ingredients list to be beneficial, not controversial at all. Mineral oil doesn't necessarily clog pores, lanolin is an amazing moisturiser that is usually ethically sourced, and alcohol doesn't instantly irritate unless you are sensitive to certain types. This is a cult classic for a reason, and even though the formula is a bit dated and not as elegant as newer creams, it still does its job very well and has the added perks of convenience and low cost, which keeps me coming back.

on 2/11/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

They say Marilyn Monroe loved this stuff, which is the only reason why I bought it, because who DOESN'T want to feel as glamorous as Marilyn whenever they pummel some goo into their epidermis each day? And only for a dollar, too!

This is my favorite moisturizer for travel. It comes in a cute, convenient little tin. Just shove it in your purse, your pocket, your bra, whatever, and now you're Marilyn Monroe on The Go! (That was awful. I am not sorry.)

For dry-skinned babes like me, this is also a good moisturizer to include in your winter skincare routine. Actually, It could probably work for babes of any skin type. However, I find that Nivea is pretty much impossible to rub in thoroughly unless your skin is warmed up, so it works the best if you apply it after taking a shower. Don't apply this to skin that's still wet, though. You'll get a strange film all over your face. Pat your face dry with a towel first, then apply.

This product has a light scent, which at first made me nervous, because usually my sensitive skin throws tantrums whenever I rub smelly stuff all over it. Fortunately, Nivea has never caused me any bad reactions.

Overall, this is a good moisturizer. Perhaps it's not the best ever, but it gets the job done decently, causes no breakouts, and it's very convenient. I recommend it to all of my friends, and I can't imagine not having this as my trusty backup.

on 2/8/2015 10:50:00 AM

I like the texture of this cream and it definitely moisturizes. Unfortunately, I really do not like the ingredients list. It is chock full of ingredients I would not apply to my body except in a pinch. It includes mineral oil, lanolin, and alcohol, which I am not a real fan of.

on 2/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

This product has made a huge difference for my skin! My hands are constantly cracked and dry during the winter and they don't get much better no matter what cream I put on. I found this Creme and put the jar next to my bed. It's very greasy so I mainly only use it at night. I put a lot on before bed (takes forever to soak In) and wake up with the softest hands! I Have been using this religiously for about a week and hardly even need to apply lotion during the day, that's how soft and long lasting this Creme is! I will definetly repurchase.

on 2/7/2015 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I stay in a warm and humid country and the climate is not helping my dry skin.
With serum or hydrating lotion, some times I still wake up with fine, mild flakes on my face.
I then turn to Nivea Creme and almost never looked back.

With Nivea, its impossible for my skin to flake. I scoop a little with my finger (around half the size of almond nut) and spread it around my face and neck. I use this 2-3 times a day.

Like most skincare products, it will not produce a miracle.
It is definitely NOT SUFFICIENT to slow down aging or cure genetic flaws (rough skin texture etc).
I have been using it for a year now though i'm no dermatologist but I can see that it does not hydrate my skin but rather, it creates a protective, slightly oily film on my skin and prevents it from drying out. If you are blessed with awesome genes, this product alone may suffice.

I used to use this as a standalone product in my skincare regime but lately I realized I get better results when I use serums to smooth/brighten my skin and apply nivea creme to seal in the moisture.

on 1/30/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My sister in law is a couponer and she got a bunch so she gave me some. I've been using it for three months now and I feel it works okay. It moisturizes okay but it's kinda greasy feeling and takes a while to absorb so I don't put it on my fingertips so I can use my phone. haha Having long nails doesn't work well with a small tin so I use my knuckle to pick up the product but sometimes it slips off my knuckle. I'm kinda just using it to use it up so I can go back to my Curel Hand & Cuticle Therapy.

on 1/30/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This cream really changed my entire skin care regime (German version). Now I only wipe my face down with a hot flannel to clean it and then rub Nivea Creme in.
I have oily/combination skin that is also incredibly sensitive and acne prone (nightmare), do not trust those that recommend this cream for just dry skins. I tried going green and only using and trying out all the oils there is in the entire world bar crude, they all didnít moisturise as well as I wanted and broke me out. It wasnít until my final year of uni after trying Nivea Soft and finding it alright, but not moisturizing enough, that I decided to give up all hope and just try the Creme.
Iím so glad I did, itís moisturizing and after you immediately put it on, it is oily. However, at night you do not need to worry (it sinks in quite a bit within five minutes) and in the morning before I put makeup on I just wipe the excess gently off my face with a towel and my skin is supple and matte. Everything glides on better. This will not be a cure for oily skin, and believe me, we donít one (our skin type remains youthful longer), but it will keep you moisturised and will not break you out.

Just to add, I am in the UK and use the German version. I donít know about the Mexican version, but I know that in some cases we stock the version from Thailand which is NO GOOD. My skin actually looks visibly healthy after a night in the German NC, but the Thai one breaks my skin out and doesnít moisturise as well.
P.S.S when using this, because it is so moisturizing it loosens black heads in your skin. Some might call this a ďpurging,Ē but itís really not bad, and they fade within a day leaving your skin really clear and blackhead free! Something I never thought would be my reality!