Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

on 1/26/2010 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. Ive used it for years and my friend and I both call it "make up of the gods" because it is really amazing. Goes on nice and smooth and actually has pretty good coverage if you use the puff with it. If you sweep it on with a brush it's a little more light and sets your makeup perfectly. It's pretty cheap too and works just as well as my mac powder. I'm very fair skinned NC15 and i use the medium in this and it works just fine, gives me a more believable color. I'd definitely give it a try.

on 1/14/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

To start off, I want to say that these run light...and once applied, look MUCH lighter on than in the pan...so go a shade darker than you think you'll need. I use this in "5-Tawny" and I'm about an NC40sh tanned skintone, but I initially purchased shades 3 & 4, only to find them too light once applied. I don't wear any liquid foundation, and am very picky about powders, and I really like this one. I usually do this weird mix of this powder and CG's regular Clean powder in the brown compact, but my skin looks fantastic, as good as with a liquid, minus the oiliness and breakouts that liquid foundation tends to cause. This goes on like silk, and unlike many powders, gives skin a natural radiance rather than a dull powdery cakey one. Controls oil nicely, and has a decent amount of coverage. The puff that comes with this one is actually decent unlike most of CG powders. Love it!

on 1/12/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

when i use powders, it is usually to control shiny spots on my face, i dont use it to set anything since i dont wear foundation of any sort. i really like this product for the way i use it. it keeps my face shine free all day, doesnt have an odor, and best of all, it blends in with my face so it looks like im wearing nothing.

on 12/31/2009 12:07:00 AM

i love this. its a perfet compact powder to carry around all though you dont need to reapply every 5 minutes ( which is great!!) but if you do,it doesnt cake :DD

pros------- nice packaging, good shades,looks good, wonderful coverage, doesnt make your face a grease ball,doesnt look dull, doesn break you out! :D

cons------ thers no mirror and its pretty darn expensive for drugstore covergirl powder!

BUT its worth it so meh (:

on 11/15/2009 9:48:00 PM

I first tried this product 2 days ago (Translucent Light shade) on top of my foundation just to set up my makeup. It seemed that I picked the right color for me but it turned to be too light on my face. Also, after a while I noticed my face started getting really oily and cakey, which I didn't like AT ALL. To my surprise though, I put my makeup on at 5:30 am and by the time I got home (10:30 pm), the powder was still on!!! And I only re-touched about once very very minimally throughout the day. I decided to give it one more try (today) thinking a different application might be better. I used it very lightly and it turned out to match my skin very well. Once again, very pleasantly surprised about its staying power, but still did not like it being so cakey. That's why I decided to give it 3 lippies. I returned it today to try something new. It just doesn't work for oily skin.

on 10/29/2009 8:10:00 AM

I'm on my third pan already I just lurrrvvve this compact so much! It doesn't break me out, gives me enough coverage (though not for long periods) and the color is amazing! (I'm using #1). I've been in a search for a great touch-up powder and this ended my quest =) this is my HG pressed powder so far.. not too expensive.. nice packaging.. good quality!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love Cover Girl!! I've been using their pressed powder since the 8th grade! It really works for me, i've always been a translucent honey. I have to say when i first started to use this product it made me look so white! But over the years i've improved on makeup and it's qualitys. I never left Cover Girl, and not planning on to. It's Great!...& the price :]

on 9/16/2009 4:13:00 PM

It's okay...if you don't oil up. It gathers on your skin and gets all gross.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of this stuff. I tried it in Translucent Fair, because in the compact it looked like a pretty close match to my skin. When I put it on my face, however, it looks chalky and gives my skin an unhealthy, dull look. Cover Girl has made some big improvements to their foundations and powders in the last several years, but this product just doesn't work for me at all.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is good for quick touch ups over something else. Wouldn't count on this alone to improve appearance of skin at all.

I don't think I'll repurchase, at least not right away.
I would like to try something else.