November 27, 2014 | 1500 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by michybajwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this ! everytime i use this my skin feels amazing ! it goes in my pores , cleans my face so perfect !

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by maggieofvelasko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had used Modern Friction since it first came out - it was definitely my HG scrub. It originally came in a jar and, when they switched to the tube packaging, I had high hopes that it would be less messy. However, I've found that the scrub now is too creamy. I don't know if they changed the formula or if the packaging keeps more moisture in, but it definitely does not perform like the first three jars I had. Because of this, I would probably not buy again, though I will finish what I have. It always was a great scrub, but my face doesn't feel as wonderful as it did. I found that applying it dry to your skin was the way to go - doing it now, it's more like applying a scrub cream. Disappointed when things you originally really like end up being changed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sugarbabey

I've had this product for a year and every time I use it, I break out with acne. It makes your face feel very soft after you use it. I'm wondering if it's because it's getting out all the dirt and cleaning my pores but I don't know if scientifically the purging of the skin is actually true. If it will be your first time trying it then use it around a te where it's okay if you break out. Do not use this the day before an important event!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MSANGELMB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a truly organic wonder. It is like a facial in your home. It leaves your skin amazingly fresh. Rub onto dry skin and then add water and it turns int a cleanser that leaves your face truly refreshing. They even make a modernn friction to exfoliate the body. I highly recommend both and cannot live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by HopefullyHelpful

I really love this exfoliator. I don't find it too rough at all, but I am also used to using much harsher products on my skin (before deciding to go all natural). Maybe if you're not used to exfoliating at all it may be too much. And this also works way better than the harsher/more extreme exfoliants. It actually leaves my skin looking better/more even toned/smooth for days after I use it.
It took a few uses for me to get the hang of using it, but now I massage it into clean, dry skin for about 1 minute (avoiding eye area!), add some water and massage until the water dries, then I rinse the whole thing off. My skin is red immediately after using, but only for a few seconds. I also only use it at night before I go to bed, and about twice a week (no more than every other day for sure).
The next day my skin looks great, make-up goes on perfectly and even lasts longer throughout the day. My pores also appear smaller, and this product has never caused me to break out. I've become a fan of origins after using this and am turned over to natural products for life.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How in the world is this gentle? The grains are huge & very rough. My Renova-ed skin tolerates this ok, but it definitey feels like I'm being too rough on my skin. Directions say use it on dry skin so you need quite a lot to cover the face. Then it takes forever to rinse off, during which it sometimes gets in your eyes & stings like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: switched to the nuxe gentle exfoliator. This is still great but a little too much because the skin around my cheeks etc is not thick enough to tolerate this with weekly use. Better for those with tougher skin, not for fragile skin.

I bought this before christmas because id heard good thing about it.

I can actually understand why some might not like it but i personally think its wonderful. New HG exfoliator for moi!

It leaves my skin super smooth and fresh.

I exfoliate twice a week and no more because i dont want to wreck my skin. I apply this to dry face massge it for about less than a minute, addsome water and massge for about 30 seconds then rince clean and do this twice a week .

Will definitly repurcase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JeniP

My sister gave me a sample of this product that she'd got when she bought some Origins stuff for herself. I like it a lot, because it's finer than most scrubs, which can be harsh. I'd got to the stage where I was using only chemical exfoliants rather than the crushed-shell type as they seemed too hard on my skin. This also smells fab. My only 'no-no' is that if you get it in your eyes, it stings!! I have read a review elsewhere for the product saying that some users have found it better than an in-clinic microdermabrasion treatment, which must be good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this scrub. It makes the skin soft as a baby. It's like a spa in the shower. Smells great and doesn't makes the skin red or blotchy. Just calmed and deep cleaned. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I just got this as a sample but yet have to purchase the full bottle. I really like this. It makes my face so smooth right after using it. I apply this on dry skin first then I splash a bit of water on my hands then rub it gently. iI find this gets the best results.

This product is a bit expensive but If I were to buy the whole bottle I can imagine it lasting for at least a year as you need so little of it for the face. It's worth every penny in my opinion.