January 25, 2015 | 1902 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this when I bought an Origins face wash - Checks and Balances (which btw, I'm not all that thrilled with - kind of dries out my face. I use it for removing makeup and then wash with something more gentle afterwards to remove any residue) but only because the lady messed something up and I had to go back. Origins is stingy with their samples, for sure, and for the prices you pay, you should be getting boatloads of freebies. Anyway, the first few times I used this scrub, it was fine - made my face soft (I never used it on dry skin because the one time I tried, it hurt, so I always dampened my skin a bit first) and smooth. But then I used it a few weeks ago and something went hugely wrong - I reacted to it really badly, and am still reacting four weeks later. It started to sting on my face while I had it on and my facial skin, which is not normally particularly sensitive, went red after I rinsed it off, and now I'm peeling around my eyes (I didn't put in on my eye area, must have got some there when I rinsed). In turn, I have been sensitized to all my other products. I'm not sure what went wrong. I'm trying to get this redness and peeling under control. I think, unfortunately, that Origins and I just don't click. I'm in the process of moving over to Chagrin Valley for gentle, natural products at a better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this.

I am a big fan of Origins skincare and have many of their products. I got a deluxe (really big size) sample of this last year when I bought my Vitazing and I used it very sparingly and there is still some left.

I find that it really scrubs my skin ( even with all my chemical exfoliation and items I use..I still love a good scrub) w/out overdrying or being harsh. I actually like that they have changed it to be a bit creamier and in a tube. I can see how if you liked the grittier texture before then the new one might not feel as good. I like it b/c the old version would have been too harsh for me to use with all the other stuff in my rotation.

Overpriced for what is is - but I find that if you are good about using what you need (pea sized amount) Origins products last forever

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by michybajwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this ! everytime i use this my skin feels amazing ! it goes in my pores , cleans my face so perfect !

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by maggieofvelasko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had used Modern Friction since it first came out - it was definitely my HG scrub. It originally came in a jar and, when they switched to the tube packaging, I had high hopes that it would be less messy. However, I've found that the scrub now is too creamy. I don't know if they changed the formula or if the packaging keeps more moisture in, but it definitely does not perform like the first three jars I had. Because of this, I would probably not buy again, though I will finish what I have. It always was a great scrub, but my face doesn't feel as wonderful as it did. I found that applying it dry to your skin was the way to go - doing it now, it's more like applying a scrub cream. Disappointed when things you originally really like end up being changed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sugarbabey

I've had this product for a year and every time I use it, I break out with acne. It makes your face feel very soft after you use it. I'm wondering if it's because it's getting out all the dirt and cleaning my pores but I don't know if scientifically the purging of the skin is actually true. If it will be your first time trying it then use it around a te where it's okay if you break out. Do not use this the day before an important event!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MSANGELMB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a truly organic wonder. It is like a facial in your home. It leaves your skin amazingly fresh. Rub onto dry skin and then add water and it turns int a cleanser that leaves your face truly refreshing. They even make a modernn friction to exfoliate the body. I highly recommend both and cannot live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by HopefullyHelpful

I really love this exfoliator. I don't find it too rough at all, but I am also used to using much harsher products on my skin (before deciding to go all natural). Maybe if you're not used to exfoliating at all it may be too much. And this also works way better than the harsher/more extreme exfoliants. It actually leaves my skin looking better/more even toned/smooth for days after I use it.
It took a few uses for me to get the hang of using it, but now I massage it into clean, dry skin for about 1 minute (avoiding eye area!), add some water and massage until the water dries, then I rinse the whole thing off. My skin is red immediately after using, but only for a few seconds. I also only use it at night before I go to bed, and about twice a week (no more than every other day for sure).
The next day my skin looks great, make-up goes on perfectly and even lasts longer throughout the day. My pores also appear smaller, and this product has never caused me to break out. I've become a fan of origins after using this and am turned over to natural products for life.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How in the world is this gentle? The grains are huge & very rough. My Renova-ed skin tolerates this ok, but it definitey feels like I'm being too rough on my skin. Directions say use it on dry skin so you need quite a lot to cover the face. Then it takes forever to rinse off, during which it sometimes gets in your eyes & stings like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: switched to the nuxe gentle exfoliator. This is still great but a little too much because the skin around my cheeks etc is not thick enough to tolerate this with weekly use. Better for those with tougher skin, not for fragile skin.

I bought this before christmas because id heard good thing about it.

I can actually understand why some might not like it but i personally think its wonderful. New HG exfoliator for moi!

It leaves my skin super smooth and fresh.

I exfoliate twice a week and no more because i dont want to wreck my skin. I apply this to dry face massge it for about less than a minute, addsome water and massge for about 30 seconds then rince clean and do this twice a week .

Will definitly repurcase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JeniP

My sister gave me a sample of this product that she'd got when she bought some Origins stuff for herself. I like it a lot, because it's finer than most scrubs, which can be harsh. I'd got to the stage where I was using only chemical exfoliants rather than the crushed-shell type as they seemed too hard on my skin. This also smells fab. My only 'no-no' is that if you get it in your eyes, it stings!! I have read a review elsewhere for the product saying that some users have found it better than an in-clinic microdermabrasion treatment, which must be good!