August 22, 2014 | 1655 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by vicomite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was so terrible for me. Had extremely high hopes because of the price tag which was 35AUD and am sorely disappointed. The liner always transfers onto under my eyes within the HOUR. Whatever I do, setting sticky concealer, putting translucent powder, putting black eyeshadow on it to set it and priming my lids have proved futile. The eyeliner also went hard after a few months even though I had always closed the lid tightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

Bought this when I was in Singapore and man the price was just too much! But i gotta try this stuff! Compared to Mac fluid liner the BB's staying power is much better (with or without setting it with an eyeshadow) even if you have oily lids , even after a couple of hours the product is still intact it doesnt smudge around like crazy that youll end up having a racoon eye hahaha.

Will i buy again? maybe not I think this product will take forever before it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous. Fantastically easy to apply, lasts really really well and looks glamorous without looking harsh.
Bought this on a whim in Singapore (feeling jetlagged and highly unglamorous). I got it in Espresso Ink which is a nice non-black black. Though I have dark eyes and dark hair, I often find actual black is a bit jarring for daytime.
I bought the Bobbi Eyeliner brush, too, which I love.
I must say, am very, very impresssed. I imagine the little pot will last for ages, too.
The only minus I can think of is the palaver it is to open the pot, put the lid down, get out the brush, calmly paint a line.... etc. Maybe I should just slow down in the mornings and not blame my lateness on eyeliner!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm only 27, but have really heavy eyelids due to genetics. Because of this combined with my oily skin I have a *really* hard time finding any eye makeup that will stay on for me. Even professional makeup artists who have done my makeup for events claim they know what will do the trick...only to have my makeup disappear 3 hours later.

This gel liner is perfect for that smokey eye since the creamy consistency is easy to smudge and it really does do a good job as far as staying in place goes.

Because of my skin/heavy eyelids it still doesn't stay in place for me all day, but I'm sure it would for anyone else. Some tips I've discovered though to increase the amount of time it does stay:
-use a primer. i use mac paint pots
-put powder shadow on the area where you want the liner to go...this has been the trick for me that works best. i guess it gives the gel more to adhere to
-if you're going to smudge it, let it sit for maybe 10-20 seconds so that it can begin to set first

And last, I will say that this stuff lasts for a REALLY long time and doesn't dry out at all. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Raved

I got this in the color Espresso Ink while I was at Sephora getting my makeup done for prom and I was SO excited! I'd heard really good things about not only this eyeliner, but Bobbi Brown in general and I was really excited to try a "higher end" product (as opposed to my old Maybelline Gel Eyeliner).

It's amazing, definitely better than the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner! The dark brown color is perfect for a dark but more subtle look than say the black eyeliner. I use this eyeliner as both an eyeliner, AND to fill in my eyebrows. It's the perfect match and it stays for most of the day. Obviously if you're sweating bullets its bound to wear off a little, but I've been able to wear it all day on a day that I've gone hiking, swimming, biking, and to work with only minor (probably unnecessary tbh) touch-ups. I've found that the texture is really sleek and easy to apply, and definitely won't tug on your eyelids. I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply this and it isn't hard at all.

The price is o.k. -- like I definitely would buy it because its worth it, but it did take me a while to convince myself to buy this. The packaging is standard, similar to what the packaging is for most eyeliners but does not come with a little brush like the Maybelline one does. This wasn't really an issue for me though. Definitely something worth trying!

**I am also a contact wearer and this did not irritate my eyes in ANY way!**

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first ever eyeliner I used. I was always afraid to get it wrong, as eyeliner badly applied looks awful. I liked the idea of a gel, as it seemed more manageable than a liquid product.

Besides, there were many shades to choose from and I selected chocolate brown, as black looks too harsh. I was surprised by the ease of use. It is impossible to get it wrong as you can start with a light line and build on it, or leave it light. I love the chocolate shade and since I do not use it every day, it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by minatigerlily

I am on my third pot of Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I must say after switching from Make Up Forever, it really is a dream. For me this eyeliner is reasonably priced, and very workable compared to the Make Up Forever, which is just too dry for me to even work with(though staying power is better).

I have very specific steps that I have perfected to get the longest wear possible with this liner. First I always prime, then shadow, then using an angled brush apply my first layer of eyeliner. Once it is completely dry lay a thin coat of setting powder over lined areas, and then go over again with gel. If I dont complete these steps I notice it will start to flake off within 5 hours or so, and for me that just doesn't work so I take a little extra prep step and it really pays off. If I know that I am going to be out all day and night I will bring my pot and brush with me for easy application. I tend to wear my eyeliner really thick cat eyes so often my wings will start to fade after 7-8 hours which is not bad, and it is an easy re-application.

I recommend this to everyone, and am anxious to try some of the other fun colors, I usually just stick to black.

TIP: I use an extremely wet brush when applying. It will help get a way smoother line and keep your brush from building up product, and your wiping time will totally decrease. It doesn't effect stay time at all but really just makes application about 1000 times easier. I honestly cannot stress the importance of this enough when using this gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Giiiiiii

This is the BEST GEL EYELINER!! It all started with the black one and now I have these in almost all the shades.

I work long hours so I put this on in the morning and it STAYS ON ALLLL DAY LONG!! It smudge proof and its like a glue!! Its is best applied with an angled eyeliner brush and the small pot can last you for upto 6 months. I wear it everyday (sometimes even on my water line and under the eye).

You will need an eye makeup remover to remove this at night.

I would definitely recommend this product!!

G x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I bought the two pack (black and brown) including the brush THREE YEARS AGO and i still havent finished them! They last so long, on the eye and in time. Brown is lovely for daytime and black has enough edge for going out/night time. I bought these in Singapore for about $80 which turns out to be a good deal since youre getting two eyeliners and a brush. Excellente!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Naataliie

I love love love this eyeliner! The only one I've ever used that doesn't smudge or transfer. I have oily eyelids too so it really does stay put. Once I wore this and it poured down with rain and it didn't run whatsoever! I'm also one of those people who forgets that they're wearing makeup and rubs their eyes, and if I'm wearing this eyeliner and I do it, it doesn't smudge at all.

It does tend to flake a little if I load my brush up too much while putting it on.

I have it in the colour espresso ink and it is very dark, almost indistinguishable from black.

EDIT: This eyeliner really is amazing at staying put. I recently had an accident and ended up in emergency. After a very stressful day (crying, probably rubbing my eyes a lot etc.) I was shocked when I finally got home about 12 hours later, looked in the mirror and the eyeliner was still there, it hadn't smudged at all!