Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

3.2

2 oz Original in a Tube: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract. 1 oz Light: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10. 1 oz SPF 15 with Dermaxyl Complex: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua, Eau), Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Methicone, Silica, Silica Silylate, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). 1 oz Bronzing Primer: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water. 1 oz Luminizing: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenyl Methicone, Poly (C30-45 Olefin), Cyclomethicone, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola Nut) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So i'm still workin out how i feel about this product. It's a good primer to be sure. I'd gone into sephora lookin for a decent concealer for the acne scarring on my cheeks and the MA suggested I try this primer instead. She said it offered decent coverage and would help my powder foundation to last longer.

Anyhow, the coverage is not as decent as a concealer, but of course the look is more natural and not as heavy. And I guess I needed a primer anyhow and I'd tried smashbox's regular clear version before (as a sample) and I liked it so I figured why not give this a try.

For the price i'm not sure it's HG enough for me to repurchase as I can't yet tell if my powder foundation stays on significantly longer (i haven't really been paying attention) but it does definately go on smoother and nice looking of course. I'll update later...

on 4/19/2007 12:53:00 AM

I bought the green version of this. You only need to use a little bit everytime, so the whole bottle would last for a long long time. The green color doesnt make you look green or more pale. It just covers the redness of your skin. At first, i didnt notice any difference when i put it on one side of my cheeks. A few min later,i totally noticed how different my cheeks looked. The texture is more powdery than you would usually expect from a make up primer. But it really settles into your skin. I love this!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought the sample of the "blend" (apricot) color. It provides no coverage -- concealer, foundation, and /or powder is more effective and at half the price. "Feels" good on skin and creates a smooth canvas, but the original clear primer is better for that. Agree w/user below that it does ball up on your skin, looking flaky. Glad I bought the sample and not the full size. Don't waste your money.

on 3/29/2007 6:53:00 PM

At first I thought I like this product, and I did but only while inside Nordstrom. Maybe it's just me or the lighting in Nordstorm. It didn't do much in the way of "correcting" or even blurring any freckles or acne scars. My skin did look a bit more even tone, but you can use powder for that. Anyhow, I purchased a new sunscreen and the combination of the sunscreen and primer caused it to bead up. One of them had to go, so of course it was the Smashbox color blend primer. For the price and the effectiveness of the product, I made the right decision.

on 5/23/2006 11:33:00 AM

this is the first primer i've ever tried and i've been applying this everyday for almost a week... t really creates a smoother, silkier skin and eases the application of concealer... but i has no effect on covering or reducing my under eye circles or giving a color to my face... also i guess i'm one of the few lucky ones that doesn't have a problem with the pump, so far it didn't cause me any problems... it also did'nt break me out, but then again i don't have an acne prone sensitive skin... would buy again but probably the lavander one this time...

on 10/6/2005 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the apricot-tinted version of the clear Photo Finish Primer. It is supposed to do everything that the clear version does, but also even out skin tone and even reduce dark circles. Well, it does not meet its goal. In fact, I gave the clear one a 5 lippie rating, I think, but this one is just not worthy. It does not even out skin tone, it does not do anything for my mild dark circles, and it doesn't function nearly as well as the original for laying a smooth canvas for flawless makeup application. So, if you want a great primer, skip this and buy the original.

on 9/23/2005 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked it at first. It gives good coverage, doesn't take much, and my skin feels silky smooth afterward. Fortunately, I have smooth, mostly even-toned skin to start with, but this really makes things perfect when I applied my BE foundation over it. That combo makes my skin look as porcelain-perfect as Kate Winslet's in The Titanic. The only problem is, it balls up on my skin terribly after applying, and I have to spend a good minute or more brushing off the excess makeup "pills." On top of that, I've had absolutely perfect skin for more than two months now, and after 4 days of using this primer, I got the biggest and most painful cystic zit on my chin and the only thing I've done different is use this primer. I like the way it helps conceal my dark undereye circles, but I like the way my current concealer does, too, and it costs 1/3 the price of this stuff. So I'm glad I only got a sample with my most recent Smashbox order, and I would never touch this stuff again after this awful zit experience. continued >>

on 9/21/2005 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Smashing Color Blend primer is the apricot one that is supposed to conceal under eye circles, veins, sunspots, brown spots as well as reduce redness. It didnt really do that but it did make my complexion look a little more even. I could still see the circles and spots but with some concealer, my skin looked nice. The apricot colored primer is a little thicker than the clear original primer. It seems a little drier. Overall, i didnt notice any difference between the two. But the biggest problem for me was the breakout. I had a massive cystic acne breakout after using this for a week. AWFUL. I am pretty sure it was this product, but i cant be 100% sure. ( i am acne prone though and super sensitive). Retails for $38.

on 7/19/2005 10:34:00 PM

smashbox's photofinish color correcting primer in 'smashinb color blend' is not as great as the original photofinish primer [clear].. the texture is somewhat more creamy and not as gel/silicone like as the original clear primer is. will not be repurchasing as i do not see much of a difference in um- color correction i guess. definitely prefer the clear primer. ;p

on 5/8/2005 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

when i first tried this out... i wasnt sure which color to buy and ended up buying the green one. luckily i did needed the green coz i have some spots that have lots of red to it coz of very old pimple scars. i was dissapointed that i couldnt just lather it all over my face only on areas i need it. but it is just used as a color corrector. i kind of got a bit of lil pimples from it, the first time i used it but after that.. nothing so far. it sooo silky once you apply it so i was thrilled coz of that but i ddnt like that they added fragrance to it. my face doesnt need added stuff to make it breakout!
all in all , this stuff does werk to minimize the redness.