October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by zeje

This is a very pretty natural color but I cannot wear it alone on my NW 45 skin. Over blush it looks glorious. I find when I sweep it across my cheek bone I get automatic contouring. So far it was worked over all my blushes. It is a great highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by alka1

When I first saw the release details for the Sheer Minerals collection, I decided I was going to skip the So Ceylon MSF and instead get the other two (petticoat, soft and gentle.) Fast forward two months later and i hear everyone rave about So Ceylon and how it's such a pretty color. It was hard to resist, so I ended up buying it.
    Someone here on MUA compared So Ceylon in the pan to cocoa powder. I think that is an accurate description, although I would also add that it has subtle rose tones and some gold. It looks quite dark on the pan, but amazingly works well on a wide range of skin tones.
    ---
    So when I first got it, I took my 187 and did a sweep of color from my temples down to the apples of my cheeks. The color is so gorgeous, and is surprisingly not too shimmery. On my NC30=35 skin, it looks like dark-peachy/pink mixed with a hint of brown and gold. It's beautiful :)
    I wouldn't necessarily call this a bronzer.. I think it works more as a color boosting powder. It has the warmth of a bronzer (brown,gold tones), the pinky/peach of a blush (rose tones), and the highlighting features of a highlighter due to the glow it provides.
    I think the 187 brush is essential for this MSF, just because it deposits the right amount of color and blends it flawless. It's essential, but certainly not required. The 181 brush or any small kabuki will work great with this as well.
    I also would not worry about this looking orange. This will definitely not look orange on you. Again, it will work on most skin tones (although the color might not show up on deeper skin tones, it could still work as a highlighter.)
    I don't regret my purchase one bit, and i'm now considering getting a backup since it is Limited Edition. This gets 5/5 from me :) I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I think the first pic is of Gold deposit and not So ceylon....I bought Petticoat and returned it for So ceylon. It's my first MSF, I never got into them before now. I've heard people buzzing about them online and in videos. Most say that MSF's are full of glitter and some are chunky or hard to wear. This is one of the best MSF's and limited. Why do they always do that? It's soft to the touch and blends on skin with or without something under it. So you can use it in the warmer months with little makeup and still get the effect. This is is rose bronze with a golden bronze veining. It's really beautiful and gives the best warm glow with a rose gold shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by X1HONEY

I've been looking into a really nice bronzer and at first I really liked this MSF, it gave me a sunkissed glow on my NC27 skin. However, my lighting in my bedroom pretty much sucks, it just makes me extra warm-toned and the lighting in my washroom basically washes me out, so in otherwords, my makeup is pretty much a surprise to me until I step outside the house. However once again, I wake up pretty early to get to school, so the lighting outside is not that good either. So, by the end of the day, around 3ish, at the end of school, I hope into my car and looked in the mirror (don't deny, you guys do it too ;)) and noticed something strange. Now mind you, I have tested this MSF on my skin before and like I said, a sunkissed glow, which I loved. However, I have no idea if it's just me but I looked orange...pretty much like a oompa loompa if I overdid it. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had like sparkly orange cheeks. I was beyond disappointed. And then I thought that maybe if I applied with a light hand, the results would be different, NOPE, the colour just didn't show up. There's no win win to this situation. So now, I use it as a highlighter, right above my contoured cheeks. I think it's probably the weather? Since ever since snow came down (I live in Canada), I looked orange, so maybe spring/summer/autumn will do me some good. Anyways, I won't repurchase and thank you for listening to my little (psh, long) story ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by SarahBeara87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So Ceylon, is beautiful on anyone who loves rose colored blushers. Since mineralize skinfinish's vary by colour the size of the veining in So Ceylon can range from large swirls of gold, and or bronze.
    The gold has some tiny specks of glitter, but the skinfinish is in no means glittery. When applied it goes on sheer but, is buildable.
    The one I have has very little gold veining,and noticable more bronze.
    At first glance I though well it looks quiet blah, and dupable. It's different in that it is a combination of rose coloured blush mixed with a hint of bronzer. I love to wear So Ceylon on it's own as a blush for an everyday natural kind of look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 5:15:00 AM More reviews by roseshane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

now this is my new HG bronzer/blush.. on my NC42 asian skintone it just shows up so beautifully shimmery(its not overwhelming i promise!).. great colour and lasts a good while (i dont put anything else on my face so thats great for me).. i put it on top of Mac Eversun just to give it more of a glowy look and works great! i recommend this for anyone of similiar skintones!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this MFS. Looks so pretty on my medium tone skin. It gives me a really healthy glow when I wear it just by itself, or I can dust it ever so lightly over an other blush for a little WoW. It is a bit pricey but Its so worth it as I can see it lasting me a long time. Im a NC 42 for reference. I love it...........

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by nicmarie1983

I.don't.think.so. Not worth the money, and doesn't work on a PPP without some serious blending and mixing. The color isn't that unique either, and it's way too metallic. Definitely accentuates my pores, which aren't that big a problem..

BOO HISS MAC!

UPDATE 1-09********
    Ok, I got this as a gift and this one has way more rose and less of that muddy bronze color. And I'm in love, it looks like I've been playing in the sun all day. I LOVE THIS!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not for the dark skinned. im a deep caramel complextion. So ceylon is beautiful so so pretty BUT it does not show on african american skin unless u have a light coloring. Its a pretty product but if ur dark petticoat is perfect. you also get your moneys woth, a lot of product in that packaging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC50/NW43. I don't see the big deal about So Ceylon. I can get the same effect with my physicians formula glimmer stripes and get the same shimmery effect. When I put this on I see very subtle shimmer. I glad I brought because it is LE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No