Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium

4.5

I'm very pale and I use this bronzer after I've applied Bobbi Brown's Med/Dark self tanning lotion on my face. This is a silky-smooth matte pressed powder that has a tiny tinge of red to it (according to B. Brown that makes it a more realistic bronzer). I apply it on my nose, across the bridge of my nose, my chin and under my chin. I no longer put it on my forehead as bronzers accentuates my wrinkles after a few hours. I did learn a neat trick from the cosmetic counter girl: upon swiping the brush in the powder, turn it upside down and use your fingertip to lightly tap the powder a little deeper into the brush. This eliminates streaking upon application. Now, to be honest, I don't think this is a must-have. You can get pretty much the same effect using a pressed powder darker than your skin tone. However, this will get you look you want, all the way.

on 4/25/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I m nc 30-35 and this was too light and too matte to be used as a bronzing powder so I used it as a regular pressed powder to set my foundation during the summer time.For me this formula is phenomenon but I realy hate true matte finish on my cheeks and also the pigmentation is very low for me.But if you like neutrals and natural make up this may be good for you as I said the formula of this powder is phenomenon

on 4/25/2009 7:28:00 AM

i am so happy with this bronzer. no shimmer, no smell, and doesn´t turn me orange. it looks so natural and is perfect for getting a tanned look or for contouring cheeks. it also comes in a big compact with a big mirror.

on 4/7/2009 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my new favorite bronzer. I bought this based on the reviews here. In MAC, I'm an NW25 and usually wear Warm Sand or Beige in BB foundations. This bronzer makes my skin look flawless. It's the perfect color, a medium tan shade with no shimmer whatsoever. It looks very natural and is easy to apply and blend. I usually apply this bronzer with my MAC 180 buffer brush. I used to use Refined Golden from MAC as my HG bronzer but the shimmer in that product was too much for me and I wanted something that was natural. Glad I bought this stuff and will continue to repurchase if I ever run out--the compact is decently sized so there's enough in here for a while!

on 11/5/2008 2:43:00 PM

I have this bronzer in Natural, Medium and Dark.
Yes, I use them all! lol My go to shade is Medium and one of the very few products I have hit pan on.
I have dark hair, green eyes, medium to light complexion.
I can use this shade with a bronzer brush and use it for contouring.
When I do use the dark.. I use a softer blush brush with it.

Now that Bobbi is doing the customizable palettes.. I so wish they would also make the bronzer available in both the large for home use and in a smaller palette size so it could be customized for travel!

on 10/13/2008 12:59:00 PM

Nice bronzer for first timer. i thought i will never need a bronzer because im acidic and any makeup used on me turned darker/gray in color. but i was wrong. with this, it gives my face a contour and nice glow. this is my first bronzer and i love it.

on 9/26/2008 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this bronzer as a natural blush - it works as blush for very clear skin. Fast forward 2 years and I could not use this as a blush anymore - it just looked like some dirt on my cheeks. Currently use this as my HG bronzer - on days when I want a rosy radiance, I apply a light layer all over my face. It instantly takes away the yellow (sallow) tones in my skin and makes me look like I spent some time in the morning sun. Apply too much and I will look like I have applied fake tan though.

on 9/19/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This bronzer isn't bad, I like the fact that it is matte. However, the color is a bit too red for me and I have to be careful when I apply that it goes on smooth and doesn't look too concentrated in certain areas. It is also quite pricey and hasn't lasted me very long. My favorite is still Cargo's matte bronzer which isn't quite as red, lasts slightly longer and is slightly cheaper.

on 7/19/2008 1:02:00 AM

Why didn't I try this earlier? Answer - it looked blah and average in the pan and didn't swipe well on my hand. Oh, how deceiving. Thank god for these reviews because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise. Yes, it's a bit pricy but the amount is substantial and the effect is gorgeous - a healthy, lightly burnished glow that looks natural on my NC30 face. I'm something of a bronzer addict and it's often difficult to find ones that aren't 1) too shimmery (seriously, why are so many shimmery? I thought bronzers were supposed to imitate a tanned effect. Since when does the sun deposit glitter on our cheekbones?) or 2) muddy (which I think is due to a lot of companies going overboard in the brown department to avoid the orange department.) So for people with fair to medium complexions, who'd like a little healthy color without looking like a disco queen, this is a fantastic product.

on 7/12/2008 12:10:00 PM

Bobbi Brown's Medium Bronzer is for those who want a sunkissed look but can't handle the shimmer in other bronzers. I was using Cargo Medium bronzer and MAC Shooting Star MSF but the shimmer never looked natural. I mean, you go out into sunlight and your face sparkles but the rest of you is matte - it just looks kinda bizarre. BB's Medium is just that: medium brown without too much yellow/orange/red but doesn't look muddy, and matte. I sweep the Sephora Bronzer Brush across the powder, then use light strokes to apply the bronzer to my face. The results are a natural looking tan, and gives my face nice definition. I have MAC NC30/Chanel Shell skintone (yellow-neutral/Asian) and the shade is perfect for me. The pigmentation of the bronzer is superb so I don't need to use a lot for it to show up; the review below that states she has to use a ton of product for it to show up is hard for me to believe - and she's probably using the wrong shade of bronzer, frankly. For me, I will keep this as a staple in my makeup bag - and will repurchase when I run out.