October 25, 2014 | 953 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm guessing I had the one bad bottle? I found this thin and runny, and smelling like cherry cough syrup. My skin neither itch nor burned, but I couldn't stand the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this smell. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason I buy this, because I don't think the lotion itself is anything special (not bad, just nothing out of this world.) But something about the unique scent is so comforting to me. Hard to describe, but it's a combination of sweet, sticky honey plus that distinct milky smell that babies have. I use this before bed because I find the scent so comforting. But if you don't like the smell, there's nothing else redeeming about this lotion. I would give it 5 lippies if I thought it moisturized better overall. BTW, I think this smells significantly different on your skin than it does just taking a whiff out of the bottle, so try some on your arms before you judge!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

The lotion itself is decent, not too heavy but not too light. My one and major complaint that keeps me away from this lotion is that it is heavily scented, which I had not expected since this is supposed to be a natural product. It smells nothing like milk or honey, but a rather off putting heavy artificial scent that vaguely resembles bad artificial coconut. Don't get me wrong, I love coconut scents, just not this kind. I had to wash the lotion off within 10 minutes of putting it on as the scent was starting to give me a headache. It also clung to the sleeve of my shirt [i had put the lotion on my forearm] where the scent lingered until it was time to do the laundry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by LilleHavfrue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, the smell is strong and maybe not for everyone. But I kinda like it. The fragrance is hard to describe. Definitely sweet. You should check it out before buying.
The lotion itself is a good moisturizer. Leaves my skin very smooth and feeling great!
I will buy this again because I like the smell and my skin feels nice and moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff brings back memories. It reminds me of Bonnaroo, my best friend and roommate from college, the summer before I started college. This fragrance is just glorious, like fresh milk and honey, the consistency is a little sticky, which I don't mind. I love this lotion. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods. It's just a very pleasant smell, and it will make your arms so soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have no clue what some of these weirdos are talking about with the scent lol. It smells FINE. A public bathroom? C'mon ppl, a little dramatic, wouldn't u say? This lotion is thicker than the original, which is better and it smells good. Love, Love Burt's Bees products. Would def repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by moggi

I liked the smell; it was a mildly sweet scent with a hint of citrus. However, the consistency was too runny and it wasn't as moisturizing as I would have liked, unlike the Honey and Shea body butter, which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out in-store and i loooved the scent and texture. the milky honey smell may be a bit too sweet for some people, but what i like is that it really smells like NATURAL milk and honey. after a while the smell softens on the skin but never completely disappears, which i love. the texture is very rich, more like a cream than a lotion, but without the stickiness or residue of a cream. love it! price is a bit steep for a small 6 oz. tube though, which is why it doesn't get 5 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in an Essential Body Kit. It smells horrible! Very rarely does something smell so utterly disgusting that I feel compelled to wash it off and drown my arms in something that actually smells good but this was one of those situations. I didn't have it on long enough to see if it hydrated my skin or not. I gave it a second chance and received the same results. I finally gave it to my mom. So thankful that I didn't pay full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

A fantastic product. It is absorbed well into the skin and makes it very soft. The scent is divine and well worth the higher than average price tag.