October 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Superstay lipcolor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by adn8

picked this up in "Wine" today...felt like going for the scarlett red lips look and it is the perfect colour for me. i am asian but my skin tone is darker than most asians so i wanted a deeper red. this color was almost blood red, i love it! stayed on pretty well and i put less of the gloss part since i wanted a mattee look. Dont forget to blot!
i was able to remove it with Avon's makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My problem with longlasting lipcolours (Max Factor/MAC & Revlon) is that the colour in the container does not remotely resemble the colour on my lips! The browns/neutrals usually 'dry' to an extremely dark and unflattering shade and those in the brighter spectrum corals/terracottas morph into day-glo brights! I have never found a brand that works until now - thank God for Maybelline - its perfect.

I bought "Coral" on a whim and am really delighted with the results. It is a really surprising find. The colour is the perfect orange/coral that really flatters my colouring (red hair/ hazel eyes) remains true and fades evenly without drying out my lips. As has been noted in previous reviews and in my experience the top coat is absolutely USELESS and does nothing but fade the colour and help it slide off! I'd liken it to putting petroleum jelly over the top and I can't even say it gives a particular 'shine' to the lips either - a complete waste of time - you are better off using a regular lip gloss over it. For me 'Coral' is the ultimate base colour and used with a little gold/bronze gloss on top the colour really 'pops'. Even as the gloss fades the 'coral' remains bright, fresh and soft. Its great! I just apply in the morning and go with minimal touch ups of gloss to refresh the colour. Non transferable on cups and glasses and easily removed with eye make-up remover at the end of the day. IMO 'Coral' is worth buying even if u bin the top coat! Its a great product and I'll certainly repurchase.

UPDATE: OMG this colour has been discontinued as it has now been repackaged and they've changed the shades (sobs!) The only one that comes close is "Chili Sienna" a great shade but without the orange 'oomph' that Coral gave. Nevertheless the staying power is still as great as ever - will just have to trawl the internet and see if I can find my original and one true love Coral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must start off by saying that SuperStay is the ONLY line of lip colours that have ever worked on me. For some reason, others come out streaky and gunky, not very attractive at all. The colours in this line are beautiful, unlike any others I've ever seen. The formulas are a little drying but the conditioning balm or a chapstick quickly take care of that. The lipcolor is smooth and layers nicely. You should definitely wait the whole two minutes before applying the balm or topping with another coat. I'd recommend and would buy again.
Price: $9.99USD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by mommy2xp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG I love it! I have finally found a long lasting lipstick that doesn't crack or crumble off. After the gloss goes on it's so smooth! I've only bought it in coral. Don't let the bright color on the package scare you. I was hesitant until I put it on and was pleasantly surprised! I can't wait to go back for other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I wore this on my wedding day. It lasted from 11 am when I applied it, to midnight when I passsssssssssed OUT. BAM out cold. It lasted through kisses and tears and smiles. Oh yeah and talking. Yes that. Fantastic stuff!! I applied the balm that it comes with once and the whole day my lips were moisturized. Yay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 4:15:00 AM More reviews by haemisphere

I got the color in peach and let me tell you, you don't need to put this in your purse if you're going out. The color will last that long! Rather, it will look weird if you keep layering it on. I want to try out more colors!

The only bad thing I can think of is that your lips will tend to get a bit dry and you might have to reapply the balm over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by marcierg

SuperStay is one of the best longlasting lipcolors on the market. It doesn't last as long as some of the others out there, but it has a lot of advantages over the others.

The Good:
1) A light sweep will result in a sheer lip, or you can layer up the product for thicker coverage
2) It feels light on your lips, not cakey
3) Though when the product initially drys down, it might feel a bit drying to your lips, a swipe of the gloss stick makes the feeling go away. Plus, as it wears off it doesn't feel drying
4) Doesn't peel or dry my lips
5) I like that the gloss stick and color are in one package. When they come in two seperate containers, I tend to lose one.
6) I rarely reapply the gloss, but my lips still feel moisturized.

The Bad:
1) Color selection is a bit limited. My favorite is Heather
2) Doesn't last a full 16 hours. I average 5-6 hours.

This is my favorite lippie for the workday, since I can apply once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and it looks good the rest of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by ljanik01

As far as long-lasting lipcolors go, of those I've tried this one is the lesser of all evils. I bought "wine", which is actually more of a bright red than the burgundy I was expecting, but it looks surprisingly good with my very fair/cool skin tone. It lasted for about 4 hours before starting to peel, and I did eat a very messy meal during that time! It's better than some other I've tried because it doesn't feel as dry on the lips, but it is still drier than regular lipstick. One piece of advice I can offer for application is to wipe some of the product off the sponge with a tissue and sort of color in your lips as quickly as possible-this wastes some product but prevents as much bleeding into the lipline. if you really need a long-lasting product for a wedding or something, this is the one I'd recommend, but I won't buy any more for everyday wear.

I have concluded that these so called super-long lasting lip products just aren't for me, they are too tricky to apply, inevitably lead to peeling, dry lips and come in limited colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by file03

I guess everyone's lips are different. every person is unique... because this product did no good for me. 16 hours? yikes, I think it stayed on for 1-2 hours the most (and this was WITHOUT eating or drinking) before the color started eroding away, leaving my lips looking as if they only had a lipliner in red around them. it came off SO easily for me, 90%+ of it comes off with just some rubbing. disappointed. only positive aspects of it were that it wasn't too drying and the clear lip balm on the other end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by hilaryblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE
I've been told by many to purchase Cherry, because it's a true red. well despite my hesitations as the colour on the packaging looks browny bronze and the tester does too, I purchase it.
It's not red at all and looks like the bronzey packaging colour. *sigh*

this is the best stain I've ever tried. UNFORTUNATLEY there is no red colours! I've tried wine (much to plumy) and flame, came off as berry purpleish pink. the packaging makes them look red, but they are far from it.

I found it very disappointing that I had finally found a stain that was comfortable, but not in the classic red shade, which is the only shade I wear.