April 16, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by voodoodoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I had 'bumpy skiin' (not quite pimples) on my forehead and jawline. This product has almost eliminated them after only one week of use. I am so pleased with the results, I can't recommend this product enough!!! Definitely will buy again - but the bottle will last so long I wont need to for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bett

WOW - I have only used this for 2 days so maybe it's too early to review - but I'll add updates if anything changes! First my skin has not reacted negatively to it at all - I have used it in the daytime only - I have been using Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum at night only for about a week now. Anyway I am an AHA virgen so to speak and the Ultra Smoothing Lotion 10 AHA has been incredible on my face in just 2 days... my skin looks much firmer and smoother and it looks like I won't be needing to use a separate exfoliator. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:21:00 AM More reviews by pixieface

I'm only giving this four lippies at the moment because I've only been using it a couple of days and I don't want to jinx this lotion. So far I'm impressed and I'm glad I stumbled across all the useful reviews on MUA. First off, the customer service for this company is excellent, I sent off for a couple of samples and they arrived within days. The lotion has a light consistency and is absorbed fairly quickly. I am applying the lotion to my face, although you can apply this to the body as well on dry, sun-damaged skin.Due to increased sensitivity of the sun whilst using this product, I apply Superdefense SPF 25 by Clinique as advised, a good spf is a must when using this during the day. It leaves no oily residue on my face and a little goes a long way. It does tingle for a couple of minutes on application but if a product delivers I'll put up with anything. Even though it is early days, my skin texture is noticebly softer and smoother. My only gripe is the packaging, which looks a tad boring but what the heck, again if this baby delivers I'm willing to overlook this minor flaw. If dermatologists recommend this product line after cosmetic procedures and certain skin conditions then it's got to be half decent in my opinion. This lotion also comes in 200ml which should last me forever, as I said before a little goes a long way. I paid $44Aus so I think this will be good value for money. I will update again in a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

If I could only use one beauty product for the rest of my life... this would be it. No contest. My skin has been completely transformed by this amazing lotion - for the first time in ages, my skin is smooth, clear, radiant, and most miraculously of all - bump free. My congestion has almost disappeared in only a week of use (and was better after only 1 use)!!

I love that it also is quite hydrating, whereas topical treatments like differin made my skin feel irritated and sensitive. While I am only using it at night at the minute, in another week I plan to start trying it 2x day. My only dislike is the smell, which is quite chemical, but with such amazing results it's a non-issue. Great value for money too - I picked up a 200ml bottle at chemist warehouse for ~32 AUD.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

Love this smoothing lotion! It comes in a huge 200ml bottle that lasts forever! I alternate this with AHA 15 gel (which is awesome for acne-prone, problem skin)...my skin has cleared up, so when I run out of my AHA 15, I will be sticking to this smoothing lotion to maintain the results (I just apply it on once a day for maintenance)...the consistency of this smoothing lotion is just perfect for my combination skin, it also has Vit E in it which is a nice bonus. Will keep repurchasing, you really do get what you pay for (not much, considering how long the bottle lasts).

Caution: yes it does sting a little, but I like it like that, because from my own experience, products that don't have that little bit of bite don't work well enough...and always wear sunscreen during the day or this product might not work and you could end up with worse skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 3:12:00 AM More reviews by cheekypwincess

What a great moisturiser. My first product and purchase from Neostrata and I will definitely be repurchasing.This leaves my skin so smooth and so clean. It looks noticeably clearer and less congested. When first applied there is a slight tingling sensation but this disappears after time. Great value as the bottle lasts for ages! Definitely HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

quite expensive for a drugstore product, but for what it does, it is well worth it. it tingles my skin quite a little, actually alot!, sometimes i just wanna scratch away at my skin (but i dont). it makes my skin super soft to the touch. im not sure if it has made my skin appear any different though. will be back to edit after using this for a longer period of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

I have only been using this for a week and I have already noticed some changes. I still have some pigmentation that my Vitamin C serum cannot seem to completely vanquish - this stuff seems to be lightening my damage. There is a definite change in my skin's texture - I have quite a few random bumps and lumps and these are looking better. Only caveat is that this stings like a mofo (but aloe vera on top helps).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a 6.8fl oz. PUMP bottle for $17.00 (Skinstore.com)--a little bit pricey for an unemployed recently graduated college student, but if it works, it works! The main website for keratosis pilaris suggested it!

Ever since I was a toddler (I'm 23) I have had keratosis pilaris rubra faceii on my cheeks, chin and eyebrow area and after three uses I've noticed less redness and more smoothness. I am so so so excited by this. (I've had like 5 pimples my entire life, so it is a shame I had to deal with this, when i could've had perfect skin)

I've tried literally everything else on the market (under $50) and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING has worked like this! I was very skeptical at first, as nothing has worked before! (A dermatologist gave me retin-a and lachydrin and they only hurt me)

I also use eucerin plus intensive repair body creme and Atopalm in the evening, because the directions on the Neostrata say to use it only once a day for the 1st two weeks (then twice a day thereafter), plus I feel the atopalm and eucerin sooth my skin and lessen any irritating reaction my skin would have towards the Neostrata until I am used to the AHAs. I also take Flax seed oil, Fish oil and MSM supplements, as I was told that would improve my condition as well!

I have super super sensitive skin that gets red and itchy with any irritants, yet so far I've been nothing but pleased. NO PAIN! I wish I'd found this sooner!

My friend even commented that my arms looked smooth (after years of having those icky bumps!)

I'll update again after I've used this product for longer. As a side note, you only need a thin layer of this product. It does have a slightly weird smell but it isn't overpowering or strong.. its also a LITTLE sticky, but again, if you use a little bit, it isn't a problem.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kristymiyake

WOW! I love this lotion, I had a really bad break out a few months back and saw the raving reviews for this product and thought i'd give it a go, I use it at night and use olay total effects for blemsih skin during the day and I have only had 2 other break outs since and my skin is really smooth now. I am trying trying get rid of the scars but they have definately lightened since i began to use this lotion (i don't think the olay one helps with scaring) so hopefully another month or 2 i will be scar free. Love it love it love it!