December 22, 2014 | 1246 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by shinyb

I live in Canada and bought the Oil Free version since I have oily/combination skin. I've been using this lotion for about 3 days now, and I just noticed a lot of these small little bumps which I fear are about to sprout as full-out pimples, I also am starting to get it all over the cheeks.
I'm super bummed 'cuz I thought this would actually work especially after all the rave reviews I saw on MUA.
So I just wanna know if this is normal for the first few days, and if they will clear up and then this product can start working its wonders with my scars and stuff.....PLEASE if someone has been through the same experience as I let me know! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by strawberrysky

Leaves skin feeling so smooth, soft and clear. Evens out skintone and texture. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this lotion for years at times when I need some serious results (winter) without all the B.S.
It's not cheap, but compared to a trip to the dermatologist, or the other comparable products, it's a steal.
I've wasted a lot (A LOT) more cash on products that don't work at all. Along with good moisture retention, this lotion successfully exfoliates in no time with regular use. I usually use it every other day alternating with body oil.
A quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by magginine

I have used this in the past on and off and not realized how great it was. Now that I'm getting older (38) and noticing a loss of elasticity and a dullness to my skin along with recent hormonal breakouts that have left some nasty scars, I decided to give this product another try. After just 3 days, it's made a remarkable difference. My skin is glowing, smoother looking and best of all, the scars are fading. It does sting when you put it on, which I don't mind because it lets me know it's working and the sensation doesn't last too long. It doesn't smell too great but that's ok too it's not a terrible scent and how it works is much more important than how "pretty" it smells. The fact that it has spf is a big bonus and I've been using it morning and night. I think it might be HG for me. A little more time and we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Miracle product. I recently decamped from PTR's Glycolic Acid Hydrating Gel to this and much to my delight, it is cheaper and more effective. It's been about a month and my skin is beautifully smooth, even-toned and close to flawless. :) Recurrent problem areas on my chin are finally gone for the first time in eons.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by auralyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for three days but I am VERY impressed. My face feels amazing to touch, can't believe how smooth my skin is. It is fading old acne marks and I had this huge cystic pimple on the back of my neck and they usually take weeks to go away and it is nearly gone! The stuff stings like crazy and I nearly want to wash it off, but apparently that will go away as my skin gets used to it.
By morning there is no redness or rash though so it is just doing its job. Will see how it goes, so I have only given it 4 stars, but if it continues to work like this it will get 5 in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by karyn35

This stuff is AMAZING! I wish I had found it sooner! I use the Ultra Smoothing Lotion nightly and it has done wonders to decongest and smooth my skin. This has vastly improved the texture and appearance of my skin. I have struggled with adult acne for years, and this has been the only product that I've found that has almost eliminated my acne. I still get small pimples occasionally, but nothing like the big cysts I used to have. I have very sensitive skin, but I have tolerated this product well. The first week or so it tingled a little when I put it on, but now I'm very used to it. As a side effect, this stuff has also cleared up the dermatitis I had on my hands. It is packaged with enough product to last a long time. I've been using it for five months and I still have plenty left. Would highly recommend this product to anyone with problem skin! This is definitely a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by voodoodoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I had 'bumpy skiin' (not quite pimples) on my forehead and jawline. This product has almost eliminated them after only one week of use. I am so pleased with the results, I can't recommend this product enough!!! Definitely will buy again - but the bottle will last so long I wont need to for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bett

WOW - I have only used this for 2 days so maybe it's too early to review - but I'll add updates if anything changes! First my skin has not reacted negatively to it at all - I have used it in the daytime only - I have been using Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum at night only for about a week now. Anyway I am an AHA virgen so to speak and the Ultra Smoothing Lotion 10 AHA has been incredible on my face in just 2 days... my skin looks much firmer and smoother and it looks like I won't be needing to use a separate exfoliator. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:21:00 AM More reviews by pixieface

I'm only giving this four lippies at the moment because I've only been using it a couple of days and I don't want to jinx this lotion. So far I'm impressed and I'm glad I stumbled across all the useful reviews on MUA. First off, the customer service for this company is excellent, I sent off for a couple of samples and they arrived within days. The lotion has a light consistency and is absorbed fairly quickly. I am applying the lotion to my face, although you can apply this to the body as well on dry, sun-damaged skin.Due to increased sensitivity of the sun whilst using this product, I apply Superdefense SPF 25 by Clinique as advised, a good spf is a must when using this during the day. It leaves no oily residue on my face and a little goes a long way. It does tingle for a couple of minutes on application but if a product delivers I'll put up with anything. Even though it is early days, my skin texture is noticebly softer and smoother. My only gripe is the packaging, which looks a tad boring but what the heck, again if this baby delivers I'm willing to overlook this minor flaw. If dermatologists recommend this product line after cosmetic procedures and certain skin conditions then it's got to be half decent in my opinion. This lotion also comes in 200ml which should last me forever, as I said before a little goes a long way. I paid $44Aus so I think this will be good value for money. I will update again in a few months.