July 28, 2014 | 973 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this the past few nights, and the sea lipids day cream during the days with this as an eye cream. firstly, i love the smell and the fragrance doesn't seem to be bothering either my eyes or my skin. my skin clarity has actually been improving steadily (i've also been using the clarisonic). this stuff makes my face baby smooth and not greasy despite the incredible thickness of the cream (it's basically a solid!). if you applied it to dry skin, it would probably be way too thick, but i apply it while my skin is still a little from washing and it spreads out and sinks in very easily that way. it doesn't make me shiny and so far, no breakouts. just smooooooth skin. very nice list of ingredients, and so far both creams are promising to deliver! my little undereye fine lines are puffed up and almost gone since i started using this. my skin is purging now because of the clarisonic (yay!), and last night i put an extra dab of this on a little pimple that was drying up, and this morning, the whole thing was GONE! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lizkim82

I have combination skin but dry out in the winter. I tried this cream at my friend's a few months ago and didn't like it at first. It's too thick, too rich, the scent isn't bad (you get used to it actually), but the next morning, day, and all the way through the night my face felt comfortable and moisturized. My checks and sometimes even my forehead gets really dry during the winter time, but this product really did the trick. I use it both at night and in the morning. Because the product's so thick and heavy it lasts throughout the day!! I'll probably switch to using it at night only as the season gets warmer, but so far so good. Oh, I'm also very prone to acne, and a lot of products make me break out like crazy, but this thing, no pimples, no zits. I'm happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by babypiglet

First of all, it's very thick. The next day, it immediately give me tiny bumps. Also, the smell is horrible. If it have any good antioxidants, the jar packaging would mean that it will be in-effective in a few weeks. Good thing CVS let me return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

First of all, let me say that I don't believe any product, no matter what company makes it or what ingredients it contains, is going to make my 37 year old face look 19 again. That said, this lotion performs far better at making my skin look and feel softer than anything I've tried before. For my combo skin, this is a winter-only product. I had dry patches on my cheeks that wouldn't respond to anything (I got so desperate I even applied Aquaphor to my face). I picked up the Alba cream at Whole Foods, tried it for 2 days, and presto, the dry patches were no more. I didn't do anything else different, either. I've used the cream for one week now, with no breakouts or any increase in oiliness. My skin stays soft and comfortable all day, and I find I'm applying less makeup to my face overall. Also, since I put this on right before bed, I don't have to smell the fragrance (which some may find strong and a little like aftershave) for very long. I do wish it didn't come in a pot (I hate sticking my fingers in my face cream, but I just make sure to wash my hands first). At this price point and with such good results, I'll gladly smell like grandpa for those few minutes before I fall asleep. This is a definite re-buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i believe this is going into HG status. i have been using it for over a month and haven't had any problems. i have very dry skin and this manages to make it very soft and moisturized! i use it during the day under my sunscreen and at night. it is a very, very thick cream so i use a few drops of vegetable glycerine to make it creamier and easier to spread. i would recommend this to anyone who has dry (and, i mean dry, flaky winter dry) skin. i don't notice the scent.

EDIT: it saddens me to say this moisturizer has fallen off the holy grail pedestal. it seems to have stopped working and i got tired of having to add glyercine to make it work. it needs to work straight out of the bottle. after awhile, it seems that it was just sitting on top of my skin and i didn't feel more moisturized at all. i still have 1/2 a tub left and i'm not pleased. the search continues....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by xmelissax

I really like Alba products. I use one of their cleansers and toners with great success so I thought I would try this as a cheaper alternative to the MAC mosturizer I had been using for years. Well, it broke me out into these weird little red bumps all over my cheeks. I wasn't sure if it was from the mosturizer for sure, but within days of stopping using it they cleared up. I tried the mosturizer again a few months later, and again the bumps showed up. I am sticking with my MAC mosturizer now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This reminds me a lot of La Mer in its consistency. I noticed when I first opened the jar, that it only contained half the product, maybe due to settling or the nature of this cream? It is very thick, almost like Crisco and seems to be kind of greasy which I don't like. However, despite the thickness and oily texture, it didn't cause any breakouts. I only gave it a 4 because it is difficult to apply, you really do have to use the La Mer method of rubbing between your fingers first. Seems to be a good cream though, but so far, I prefer AB's Jasmine and vitamin E cream. Will have to update in a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by jessicafehr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff during the winter. I have very sensitive skin and rosacea and this did not promote any sort of reaction or breakouts. It is great during the winter with dry skin but during the summer I only use it if I am feeling dry because otherwise its a bit too heavy. Also, even during the winter I only use it at night because I feel its a bit too heavy for day. I wake up all plump and moist. Its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I'm on the fence about this cream. It smells nice, it doesn't break me out and It leaves my skin soft. I don't really like the texture of the cream it's just to thick, I wish it was softer, more creamy. Maybe I will try the Sea lipids cream, that seemed more creamy in texture. As of now I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by patricia69

FIRST OF ALL I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR INVENTING THIS PRODUCT.. A FRIEND OF MINE MENTIONED THAT SHE'S USING ALBA PRODUCTS BECAUSE OF HER BREAK OUT SO SHES GOING WITH GREEN STUFF BUT SHE DIDN'T MENTION WHICH ONE, BUT YESTERDAY I WENT TO THE STORE AND GOT THIS MOISTURIZER COZ IM 27 AND MY LINES AND HAVE DRY SKIN SO DECIDED GO WITH THIS.. WHEN I SAW MY BOYFRIEND THAT NIGHT HE COMPLIMENT HOW I LOOKED AND I GUESS ITS BECAUSE OF THIS MOISTURIZER AND STILL NOW EARLY IN THE MORNING IM LOVING IT AND IT FEELS SMOOTH AND MAKES ME LOOK SO MUCH YOUNGER MAYBE 22 HAHAAHHA
U GUYS WONT REGRET GETTING THIS AND ITS WORTH THE MONEY TOO :)